SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

Thank you for the new release.

FYI: innate_hlas (default 1)
When set to 1, all arcane and divine HLAs will become innate abilities that can be used independently of the spellbook (however, they may only be taken and memorized once). When   <-- something appears to be missing here in the readme.

Best Regards,

Raimn

4 hours ago, Guest Raimn said:

Thank you for the new release.

FYI: innate_hlas (default 1)
When set to 1, all arcane and divine HLAs will become innate abilities that can be used independently of the spellbook (however, they may only be taken and memorized once). When   <-- something appears to be missing here in the readme.

Best Regards,

Raimn

I think I was considering writing "when set to 0..." but then I realized that an explanation would be unnecessary, since this is the behavior of the vanilla games to begin with and it should be obvious what happens when it's set to 0.

This is what I opted for: "When set to 1, all arcane and divine HLAs will no longer be 9th or 7th level spells (respectively) but instead become innate abilities that can be used independently of the spellbook (however, they may only be taken and memorized once)."

Edited by Bartimaeus

Fantastic mod, Bartimaeus. If no one minds, I would like to make two feature requests:

1. Battering Ram is an Evocation spell, as opposed to Knock which is an Alteration spell. I find this objectionable because: (a) I want to play an Enchanter, and (b) no one in the world wants to play an Abjurer in the BG games anyway, so no one was losing out on a basic utility spell. Personally I just edit Knock out of the install process, but I think one option would be to add Knock to the mod in addition to Battering Ram. Alohomora and Bombarda are different spells in the Harry Potter-verse, aren't they?

2. This one probably falls outside the scope of SRR, but I'll mention it anyway: Rogue Rebalancing adds Mass Charm as a Bard HLA. This is not actually accurate to PnP where Mass Charm is a level 8 mage spell. It also effectively makes Bards better high-level enchanters than Enchanters, which doesn't make a lot of sense. If there's interest in rectifying this, I think one option would be to make Mass Charm also available to Mages if SRR detects an installation of RR, either as a level 8/9 spell or as an HLA, depending on what you think is best balance-wise.

12 hours ago, DMF said:

I think one option would be to add Knock to the mod in addition to Battering Ram.

Arcane spells are more difficult to just include on a whim compared to divine spells, because you also have to account for being able to learn them, which means making new spell scrolls and placing them throughout the game(s). This isn't an issue for Battering Ram because it replaces Knock wholesale, meaning all of Knock's scroll placements become Battering Ram's...but if you have both, that can no longer be true. Additionally, given their total overlap, I'd rather just go back to calling it Knock than to have both...but really, your easiest solution would probably to just go into spell_rev\lib\d5_spell_school_list.tpa, go to line 171 (WIZARD_KNOCK), and change "=> evocation" to "=> alteration" before installing the main component, which should change Battering Ram's school back to Alteration.

12 hours ago, DMF said:

2. This one probably falls outside the scope of SRR, but I'll mention it anyway: Rogue Rebalancing adds Mass Charm as a Bard HLA. This is not actually accurate to PnP where Mass Charm is a level 8 mage spell. It also effectively makes Bards better high-level enchanters than Enchanters, which doesn't make a lot of sense. If there's interest in rectifying this, I think one option would be to make Mass Charm also available to Mages if SRR detects an installation of RR, either as a level 8/9 spell or as an HLA, depending on what you think is best balance-wise.

Same problem really, but also definitely outside the scope of this. It would also create a weird situation where you either have to remove it as an HLA from bards, or keep it as an HLA for bards while letting mages use it as a normal spell, or also make it an HLA for mages where it's not really power appropriate compared to stuff like Dragon's Breath. It's probably better left simply as an HLA for bards.

Edited by Bartimaeus
14 hours ago, DMF said:

Rogue Rebalancing adds Mass Charm as a Bard HLA. This is not actually accurate to PnP where Mass Charm is a level 8 mage spell. It also effectively makes Bards better high-level enchanters than Enchanters, which doesn't make a lot of sense. If there's interest in rectifying this, I think one option would be to make Mass Charm also available to Mages if SRR detects an installation of RR, either as a level 8/9 spell or as an HLA

It's a nice idea though. I wouldn't mind seeing it as an ~8th-level spell, not just in the Enchantment school but limited to only enchanters. That's beyond the scope of SR... might be appropriate for a mod like Tome & Blood though.

1 hour ago, Hubal said:

Hello

Thank you for this awesome mod. I have a question about HLA Summon Deva. Is it intended that the deva uses bare hands to atack despite wielding a heavy mace+3? 

Yeah, I've noticed that as well before. I believe the issue is averted if you use the optional celestial animations component...but personally, I like the original celestials animations, so I run into the same issue. It seems as though the only weapon animation they have for a celestial is for a sword. So it's either nothing or a sword. ...Or its weapon type could be changed too, I guess?

2 minutes ago, Lianos said:

I'm playing on BG1EE

main_component.tra of SRR has "ACTION_IF revised_saves && (ENGINE_IS ~tob~) BEGIN" in it. This is exluding BG1, isn't it?

Normal SR has no such line of code.

...I have no idea why the "ENGINE_IS ~tob~" is there. It shouldn't be. I can only assumed that I copied the line from somewhere else and didn't notice the additional condition. Gross! Removed, thank you!

7 hours ago, Lianos said:

SRR-Feedback for my BG1EE 2.6 run with SCS 33.7 & IRR V1.3.500 & SRR V1.3.500

• I don't think I've seen a single scroll of "Dimensional Jump". Suggestion: Add to High Hedge vendor.
    However, I'm pretty sure it's not SRR-specific and also true for SR.

I believe Dimension Door is only offered at Sorcerous Sundries in vanilla BG1. However, it seems as though BG1EE removes it. Guess I'll add it back.