SR Revised V1.3.900 (2022 August 8th)

@Bartimaeus 

Like I said I am installing SRR and SCS . I tried using PI but its too complicated for my troubled mind so I went to Roxanne's Install Tool.

SCS's spells from IWD are conflicting with SR . Are IWD spels already in SRR?

Also are you aware of some guide that could help me install mods manually? I have read your first post and I do not understand what main component, sub component of IR, SR is? Do I need Infinity Animations For EE versions of the game.

Edited by Hubal
2 hours ago, Hubal said:

@Bartimaeus 

Like I said I am installing SRR and SCS . I tried using PI but its too complicated for my troubled mind so I went to Roxanne's Install Tool.

SCS's spells from IWD are conflicting with SR . Are IWD spels already in SRR?

Also are you aware of some guide that could help me install mods manually? I have read your first post and I do not understand what main component, sub component of IR, SR is? Do I need Infinity Animations For EE versions of the game.

IWD spells: From what I recall, SR/R uses the same identifiers for overlapping spells that prevents SCS from installing similar versions of spells. That is, if SR installs its version of Icelance, then SCS should skip its own version of Icelance and just try to use SR's where possible. Is that not the case?

Infinity Animations: I actually have no idea as to the answer of this one. I'm not sure if you can install Infinity Animations on EE games or whether it serves any real purpose.

Install order: In what order is Project Infinity installing stuff anyways? I'd be curious to see your weidu.log to see how it's doing things. Anyways, "main component" is the very first component of both mods, the component that installs all the spells and items. The other components are the "patching" components, that patch all of the items and spells after the fact (and should only be installed later in the install order, especially after all other item mods have already been installed).

Hallo,
I came across a strange bug while using the revised version of spell revisions. All anti-spell protection spells stop functioning as they are supposed to. Meaning spell strike won't take down a minor globe, a secret word a spell deflection and so on. Has anyone come across something similar? Or should I just copy the spell effects from the old files to replace the new.
Mods installed in my clean test were in order: BG1UB, DRIZZTSAGA, SOA as Base BGEE, then EET, SPELL_REV 0 20 30 55 60 and EET_END

Regards, Raimn

2 hours ago, Guest raimn said:

Hallo,
I came across a strange bug while using the revised version of spell revisions. All anti-spell protection spells stop functioning as they are supposed to. Meaning spell strike won't take down a minor globe, a secret word a spell deflection and so on. Has anyone come across something similar? Or should I just copy the spell effects from the old files to replace the new.
Mods installed in my clean test were in order: BG1UB, DRIZZTSAGA, SOA as Base BGEE, then EET, SPELL_REV 0 20 30 55 60 and EET_END

Regards, Raimn

That's, uh, that's a new one I haven't ever heard. Your installation, if that's all you have, is very simple, too. Are you in the middle of a playthrough already, or what?

Hallo,
No, that was my test installation. I figured that it should be either stratagems, revisions or tome-and-blood which caused the bug, so I started the test with the first two. My real installation contains ... ahh, around 120 mods I think... give or take. Yes, I'm in the middle of a play through and noticed it first when I went to the Ice Island in BG1 with the mages there. Overall most mages tended to die to quickly for me to really notice this, at least until I came across the pair of assassins in the undercellar. That was when I started testing.
Result: SR with and without SCS -> Secret word brings down whatever Krystin puts up, one globe, one deflection, one greater deflection.
SRR with and without SCS -> Spell are cast, I can see the animation and nothing happens.

I mean it could be something else as well, and "giving" the savegame back the spell-list it was originally made with might have caused the behavior to reappear/ regress, but that would mean in turn that some mod made a stealth edit however small which I'm not a fan of having to look for it. There are two things I haven't tested/ looked at yet. 1) trials of the luremaster adds spells so that might be it, 2) start a new game with SRR+SCS as sorcerer and spawn/find myself a mage to fight.

The Weidu Log is nearly 700 lines long, so I should probably make an account to upload it or can I post that long a file as a spoiler without the mods lynching me?

Regrads, Raimn

1 hour ago, Guest raimn said:

Hallo,
No, that was my test installation. I figured that it should be either stratagems, revisions or tome-and-blood which caused the bug, so I started the test with the first two. My real installation contains ... ahh, around 120 mods I think... give or take. Yes, I'm in the middle of a play through and noticed it first when I went to the Ice Island in BG1 with the mages there. Overall most mages tended to die to quickly for me to really notice this, at least until I came across the pair of assassins in the undercellar. That was when I started testing.
Result: SR with and without SCS -> Secret word brings down whatever Krystin puts up, one globe, one deflection, one greater deflection.
SRR with and without SCS -> Spell are cast, I can see the animation and nothing happens.

I mean it could be something else as well, and "giving" the savegame back the spell-list it was originally made with might have caused the behavior to reappear/ regress, but that would mean in turn that some mod made a stealth edit however small which I'm not a fan of having to look for it. There are two things I haven't tested/ looked at yet. 1) trials of the luremaster adds spells so that might be it, 2) start a new game with SRR+SCS as sorcerer and spawn/find myself a mage to fight.

The Weidu Log is nearly 700 lines long, so I should probably make an account to upload it or can I post that long a file as a spoiler without the mods lynching me?

Regrads, Raimn

Post it in a spoiler, like so:

Spoiler

yep

If that doesn't work because it's too long, just link to a pastebin that you created with it: https://pastebin.com/

Did you install SR first, then reinstall with SRR, or the other way around? To be honest, even if you did do that, I don't see why that would break e.g. Secret Word, the most basic and unchanged of all anti-magic spells, especially because SRR doesn't make any changes to Secret Word. So I don't really know, and I probably won't be able to figure out anything from your weidu.log to be honest. I guess one thing you could so is post your spwi419.spl, spwi419b.spl, and spwi419c.spl (Secret Word) from your SRR-installed override folder, and then...oh, let's say spwi420.spl (Minor Spell Deflection). If you could upload those, I could at least see whether or not the basic dispelling function looks correct.

So maximum effort ;) , gibberlings didn't like my standard forum "spam" mail account and I had to make a new one with a different provider 🙄. But back to the topic at hand.

I looked at the files of Secret Word - 419, Spell Thrust - 321 and Warding Whip - 705 contained within the SRR and SR folders as well as their respective installations and I have noticed several differences in the files. The big one, apart from the actual removal script being moved from the xxx.spl to the xxB.spl file, was that the xxxC.spl files from the SR installation, which was working, all contained a remove (230) spellshield (15) while the SRR files from the git, not installed, contained a remove 14 which turned into a remove 15 after installing and in my main install the files showed a remove 21 instead. My main installation and the clean SRR installation don't work. I tried to copy the files from the working installation but that only turned spell thrust into a cone (should it be a cone?), but didn't get it working. I am kind of out of ideas right now and while I do know how to code in several languages I couldn't find anything odd or something that would suggest that it shouldn't work. I even started a new game as sorcerer on the clean SRR installation from which the attached files are, but I couldn't dispel the protection from the mage in the BG thief guild.

Weidu log for the clean install

Spoiler

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~EET/EET.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET core (resource importation): V13.4
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #0 // Spell Revisions: v4 Beta 18 (Revised V1.3.500)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #20 // Mirror Image Fix: v4 Beta 18 (Revised V1.3.500)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #30 // Dispel Magic Fix: v4 Beta 18 (Revised V1.3.500)
~SPELL_REV/SETUP-SPELL_REV.TP2~ #0 #55 // Spell Deflection blocks AoE spells: v4 Beta 18 (Revised V1.3.500)
~EET_END/EET_END.TP2~ #0 #0 // EET end (last mod in install order) -> Standard installation

Weidu log for my main install in the attachments

Thanks for the help,
Raimn

spwi321.spl spwi321b.spl spwi321c.spl spwi419.spl spwi419b.spl spwi419c.spl spwi318.spl spwi406.spl

weidu-fin2.log

Edited by raimn
forgot logs
4 hours ago, raimn said:

I looked at the files of Secret Word - 419, Spell Thrust - 321 and Warding Whip - 705 contained within the SRR and SR folders as well as their respective installations and I have noticed several differences in the files. The big one, apart from the actual removal script being moved from the xxx.spl to the xxB.spl file, was that the xxxC.spl files from the SR installation, which was working, all contained a remove (230) spellshield (15) while the SRR files from the git, not installed, contained a remove 14 which turned into a remove 15 after installing and in my main install the files showed a remove 21 instead.

The most basic explanation is that the 230 opcode ("remove one secondary type") removes a type of spell as identified by the "secondary type" field that each spell has set (or not set). Your spwi321.spl (Spell Thrust) casts two spells - spwi321b, and then spwi321c. spwi321b uses a 230 opcode with the type set to 1 i.e. against a spell protection (e.g. Minor Globe of Invulnerability). However, if a creature is protected by Spell Shield, Spell Shield will block spwi321b, thereby protecting the Spell Shield-ed creature from having their spell protection removed. Which is why spwi321c exists, as spwi321c is cast to then cancel the Spell Shield with the same kind of "remove one secondary type" effect, except instead of being set to the secondary type of a spell protection, it is set to the secondary type of Spell Shield. Only thing is, Spell Shield and its particular secondary type don't exist in the game by the default, so SR adds a new one to the game and then patches those files to make sure that the 230 opcode points to the correct secondary type.

Having said all that, your spwi321c and spwi419c (the Spell Shield-dispelling part of those spells) point to secondary type "15"...assuming these are the installed versions of those files (i.e. not the versions from (game directory)/spell_rev/xxx, but the ones that actually came directly out of your override). What exactly 15 refers to depends on on what your "msectype.2da", the table that identifies and keeps track of secondary types, says it does. If you would be so kind as to attach your "msectype.2da" file from your override, that might prove illuminating. And also, uh, if you could modify your "clean" installation by reinstalling with the latest repo version of SR...

firefox_FlaqRaXs4d.png

(the "download ZIP" button)

...And making sure that it's still not functioning, then that also would be very helpful - it's possible the problem has been fixed since the last "full" release and I'm just not remembering. If that's the case, it looks like I'm going to have to create your exact install. And if that's the case, please also let me know what particular patch versions of the games you're using.

Edited by Bartimaeus

I did as you asked and reinstalled it with the master branch from git. So far nothing has changed when I try to dispel Krystin's minor globe. I will do another test tomorrow with a new sorcerer and SCS AI installed, since that will give me more mages to test with. msectype.2da is attached as well as the logs of my clean installation. Game version is 2.6.6.0.

Regards,
Raimn

msectype.2da weidu-bgee.log weidu.log

2 hours ago, raimn said:

I did as you asked and reinstalled it with the master branch from git. So far nothing has changed when I try to dispel Krystin's minor globe. I will do another test tomorrow with a new sorcerer and SCS AI installed, since that will give me more mages to test with. msectype.2da is attached as well as the logs of my clean installation. Game version is 2.6.6.0.

Regards,
Raimn

msectype.2da 715 B · 1 download weidu-bgee.log 1.54 kB · 0 downloads weidu.log 826 B · 0 downloads

The msectype.2da says Spell Shield is #15, which matches your Secret Word and Spell Thrust. Looks like I'll have to do some EET testing tomorrow.