Imoen 4 Ever Compatibility Notes

8 hours ago, jastey said:

So, how having this one reply option about going after Imoen disabled by Imoen4Ever will "close off" the romance path is not really clear to me: it will take one possibility to increase the counting variable. Which still leaves 63 to reach the needed 6...

Glad to hear! That still leaves Shadows over Soubar.  Have you given any thought to my suggestion in the other thread of simply changing "rescue" to "help", and indicating in the Promenade that Irenicus stole something from Imoen's soul?

I love your work on this mod. It really feels like you're restoring what the BG2 story should have always been -- SoD too. In my game, I made Imoen a multiclass F/W. She was as skilled a mage as Dynaheir and yet still needed exclusive "training" from Lia 🙄 I know I4E doesn't necessarily change that, but it does make it a little less heavy handed if Imoen still gets to adventure with us :)

@Lightbringer Please note that Fading Promises is not yet compatible content wise, as the reply option is still in with I4E installed. I will (in case I4E is installed) replace it with a reply option that has the same connotation and is similar to what you suggested. But I don't see Irenicus having taken something of Imoen exactly. I4E's story is more that he stated explicietly that he will come for the PC and Imoen. The reply option I have in mind will be along the lines of the PC going after Irenicus because he is threatening not only them but their friend Imoen and killed and tortured others. I hope this will replace the missing "rescuing my friend" option also in terms of motivation to help a friend(s) in need.

Just to point this out: I don't think replacing this reply option is needed in terms of making the romance/friendship path available, as Roxanne so frivolously stated. As I wrote above, I am pretty sure 6 out of 63 is just as valid as 6 out of 64. But I do think that just taking this reply option will leave a hole for players who feel this as their PC's most important reason to go after Irenicus (or just want to kiss up to him, lol). This is one reason why I didn't make Fading for Promises compatible just yet, but I will do so in the not too distant future.

On 9/17/2020 at 1:51 AM, jastey said:

But I don't see Irenicus having taken something of Imoen exactly. I4E's story is more that he stated explicietly that he will come for the PC and Imoen. The reply option I have in mind will be along the lines of the PC going after Irenicus because he is threatening not only them but their friend Imoen and killed and tortured others.

Makes sense to me!

I've been thinking about Imoen Romance compatibility.  I know it's not something that can reasonably be asked for from either mod. My own tolerance for shenanigans is large, though, and I think I have an edit that I can make work for my own purposes. I'd like to run it by you, just to make sure that there isn't something I'm missing on I4E's end. This would largely be a change I make in the Imoen Romance mod.

From what I've seen, there are just a few dream sequences (2 or 3?), and then a lot of silence until later (Spellhold and beyond).  There may be a few more, like when you get to Brynnlaw, or upon making the deal with one of the Thieve's Guilds. I'm still early in BG2, so I'd have to find out.

My idea is to simply adjust the trigger checks in the scripting for Imoen Romance to make sure that the dreams can occur in the appropriate chapter, whether Imoen is present or not, and to add a chapter check to every other Imoen Romance event. It all sounds fairly simple to me, so I suspect there may be other contingencies I'm not aware of.  I'm adept at head-canoning my way through squirrelly things, so I'm not afraid of narrative inconsistencies.

Assuming that this works for Imoen Romance purposes (and that may be a big IF), is there anything I need to be wary of from the I4E end?

Edited by Lightbringer

@Lightbringer I don't know the Iomen Romnce too well, but since you asked about I4E:

Mein events are

-Imoen gets taken as usual at the Promenade

-Imoen returns to party after they left Gaelan's house in the slums

-Imoen has some reactions to PC's dreams, but I think I made those optional

-Upon arriving Brynnlaw, Imoen gets taken after leaving the ship (after the fight with Bodhi's Welcome Committee).

-Game continues as normal.

Note that the cutscenes are changed as well, since now it's not Imoen irenicus makes his experiments on.

Ah, found your Compatabiltiy for Modders in BGII post on page one. That's the info I need. I bet I can use your C#IM_ImoenStays global variable to adjust the timing of things in Imoen Romance and make them technically compatible.  Content-wise compatibility will still require a ton of head-canon work, but that's no biggie for me.