Adding spell CLERIC_IMPERVIOUS_SANCTITY_OF_MIND
WARNING: error parsing ADD_SPELL.IDS: Parsing.Parse_error
Couldn't add CLERIC_IMPERVIOUS_SANCTITY_OF_MIND to spell.ids as no slots remain
Added spell CLERIC_IMPERVIOUS_SANCTITY_OF_MIND

Im using quite a lot of mods, is this why its running out of slots?

Should i just use less or is there a away of increasing available slots?

This error is then having knock on effect of causing SCS to fail;

SFO: Applying patch(es) to SPL file(s) CLERIC_IMPERVIOUS_SANCTITY_OF_MIND...
ERROR Installing [Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 8851 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
Uninstalled    8851 files for [STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2] component 5900.
ERROR: Failure("You are trying to edit CLERIC_IMPERVIOUS_SANCTITY_OF_MIND.SPL, which does not exist in the game")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-STRATAGEMS.DEBUG and look for support at: For help troubleshooting installation problems, go to the Sword Coast Stratagems forum at forums.gibberlings3.net.
Automatically Skipping [Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\dialog.tlk] created, 196786 string entries
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)

Thanks

Ah right OK. Bugger. Im guessing you have a specific mod in mind thats doing what you said?

Dsotsc? Tdd?

I was trying some mods i haven't used before, mod list is from what I selected originally using bws which hadn't shown up any conflicts but then again its obsolete now and so conflicts not up to date. Install was failing completely at this point too using bws. So trying again with project infinity. 

I don't generally use the added npcs and super powerful items some mods add, just like the extra questy type stuff. 

Ill thin the mod list a bit and try again. 

Some suggestions on culprit would be useful though. 

Thanks 

Edited by Nathan82

Thanks

small issue, I cant figure out what exactly im supposed to edit in the batch file to get it to work

I've read this guide but still havent got a clue

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/41036-faq-for-the-megamods/#entry504049

The batch file contains the following;

@ECHO OFF
setlocal enabledelayedexpansion
pushd "%temp%"
makecab /D RptFileName=~.rpt /D InfFileName=~.inf /f nul >nul
for /f "tokens=3-7" %%a in ('find /i "makecab"^<~.rpt') do (
   set "current-date=%%e-%%b-%%c"
   set "current-time=%%d"
)
del ~.*
popd
SET dt=%current-date%
echo %dt%
if "%~1"=="" (
    SET /P filename=No parameters have been provided, please enter filename:
    GOTO PROCESS
) ELSE (
    SET filename=%*
    GOTO PROCESS
)
:PROCESS
    IF "%filename%"=="" GOTO Error
        ECHO %filename%
        ECHO Log file path: WeiDU-FileChangelog\%filename%-WeiDU-FileChangelog-%dt%.txt
        WeiDU-FileChangelog.exe --noselfupdatemsg --log nul --change-log %filename% --out WeiDU-FileChangelog > WeiDU-FileChangelog/%filename%-WeiDU-FileChangelog-%dt%.txt
        GOTO End
:Error
    ECHO You did not enter filename!
    Exit
:End
    START "" /B type WeiDU-FileChangelog\%filename%-WeiDU-FileChangelog-%dt%.txt
    START "" NOTEPAD.exe WeiDU-FileChangelog\%filename%-WeiDU-FileChangelog-%dt%.txt
    Exit

Im guessing i need to edit %filename%? But where? And change to what?

Im probably being dumb but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Wait a sec, there is a limit to how many spells you can have in the SPELLS.ids?

What is the limit anyway? And what happens if you manually add spells to the SPELLS.IDS if you reached the limit? (BGT original install)

Edited by Vlan
2 hours ago, Vlan said:

Wait a sec, there is a limit to how many spells you can have in the SPELLS.ids

What is the limit anyway? And what happens if you manually add spells to the SPELLS.IDS if you reached the limit? (BGT original install)

Adding to spells to SPELL.IDS in a way that makes them available to the player in character generation (e.g. by using Weidu's ADD_SPELL function) copies the spells to an SPWI/SPPR/SPIN/SPCL filename.  E.g. IWDification might add Sunscorch as SPPR116, making it the 16th spell at first level in the SPPR series.  This methods only works for up to 50 spells in each level - if an ADD_SPELL command would result in copying a spell to, say, SPWI451, Weidu will see that there are already 50 4th-level wizard spells, and the mod will fail.

This shouldn't really be that much of a problem; each level in vanilla only has ~15-20 spells per level, and even relatively substantial spellpacks like IWDification only add about ~5 more to each level.  But I vaguely recall from some years ago that some of the old "megamods" add dozens and dozens of spells to each level in this manner (even though many such spells might not be needed for CharGen), and can leave no room for more modern mods that come later.

Unfortunately some of the mods that do this are not actively maintained, so it's not very easy to fix.

6 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Adding to spells to SPELL.IDS in a way that makes them available to the player in character generation (e.g. by using Weidu's ADD_SPELL function) copies the spells to an SPWI/SPPR/SPIN/SPCL filename.  E.g. IWDification might add Sunscorch as SPPR116, making it the 16th spell at first level in the SPPR series.  This methods only works for up to 50 spells in each level - if an ADD_SPELL command would result in copying a spell to, say, SPWI451, Weidu will see that there are already 50 4th-level wizard spells, and the mod will fail.

This shouldn't really be that much of a problem; each level in vanilla only has ~15-20 spells per level, and even relatively substantial spellpacks like IWDification only add about ~5 more to each level.  But I vaguely recall from some years ago that some of the old "megamods" add dozens and dozens of spells to each level in this manner (even though many such spells might not be needed for CharGen), and can leave no room for more modern mods that come later.

Unfortunately some of the mods that do this are not actively maintained, so it's not very easy to fix.

Ah nevermind then. I thought that the .IDS file itself had an entry limit. Thanks for clearing that up then.

Im still not having any luck with change-log.

I've copied it to game dir

I run the application, it displays loads of commands, input/output options, then gets to a prompt saysing "Enter Arguements:"

And thats where i get stuck.

Said i was being dumb.

Also at the top of the window it says

"[C:\BGT all\BGII - SOA\WeiDU-FileChangelog.exe] WeiDU version 24500
                WeiDU (version 24500: "Medieval Steel")"

I know i have weiDU 24600

"[C:\BGT all\BGII - SOA\WeiDU\WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24600
                WeiDU (version 24600: "Land of Confusion")"

Is that a problem?

Still no idea where im going wrong, I've tried putting alsorts at the Enter Arguements: prompt

11 hours ago, Nathan82 said:

"[C:\BGT all\BGII - SOA\WeiDU-FileChangelog.exe] WeiDU version 24500
                WeiDU (version 24500: "Medieval Steel")"

I know i have weiDU 24600

"[C:\BGT all\BGII - SOA\WeiDU\WeiDU.exe] WeiDU version 24600
                WeiDU (version 24600: "Land of Confusion")"

Is that a problem?

Yes, the files are different... so just delete the WeiDU-FileChangelog.exe ... you don't need it. It's stupid on how freaking difficult this is for some people ... cause ... cause.

The actual good instructions go like this:

You just need to make the "change-log" folder into the game folder, and have a weidu.exe in it. To get to the console, you start the weidu.exe and pusshing Enter a few times,  and copy-paste this command into it:

WeiDU.exe --log nul --change-log spells.ids >change-log/change-log.txt --out change-log

Other ways to go about this is make that by starting the cmd.exe, moving into the game folder the same way one would do it in ms-dos... or by running a .bat file with the above code in your game folder... as the weidu.exe actually just starts the cmd.exe and waits for commands in the folder.

The made .txt file will tell you what mods modify the spell.ids file. And it will also copy paste the different iterations from it's backups.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Hello

Thanks for the help

Tried exactly what you said, the weiDU window shows a message but closes to qucikly to read and i only end up with an empty text file

So i tried again, using cmd prompt and get the following message - "The system cannot find the path specified."

Am i missing something out?

How does weiDU create the change log? Where does it get the information about what has changed what?

Does it matter that I used Project Infinity rather than BWS? (Project Infinity creates a log file for each mod installed while BWS makes one massive text file that takes a while to open)

I tried again using a with a working install built using BWS and get the same response.

Any ideas?

Thanks again

2 hours ago, Nathan82 said:

So i tried again, using cmd prompt and get the following message - "The system cannot find the path specified."

Am i missing something out? 

Did you make the "change-log" folder into the game folder ? Before running the weidu.exe or the command, of course.