The Paws of the Cheetah - boots of speed - Additional attack (like in old BG)

Hello.

Its my first post so dont be angry if i missplace it.

Right now Iam playing BGT saga (BG:EE + SOD + BG2EE(+TOB)). I played BGT saga ages ago on classic Baldurs Gate. Back then when I was using  The Paws of the Cheetah (boots of speed) it added to my character: movement speed + 0,5 attack per round. I read that it was bug (+0,5atck perk and beamdog pattched it). Right now (in EE BGT Saga) its add only movement speed. Is it possible to unpach this boots and add this 0,5atack? I dont care if it was bug or not. In old good bladurs gate it worked like that. Maybe u know mod that changes those boots to worked like it used to do? Maybe it is possible to edit those boots/haste spell to add 0,5attack? Please help, and let me finish this saga with smile on my face :D Thank u.

Well, requesting a complete edit to already fully documented file(boots of speed) and waiting for a total of 5 hours for a reply is not looking good .. not that that's a big thing.

The +0.5 attacks per round has had a few bugs, one being that it actually sometimes worked as -0.5

The modded game you play is called EET, or rather Enhanced Edition Trilogy, rather than BGT, aka Baldur's Gate Trilogy, which is a mod for the original game... a full conversion mod, that everyone has moved on to using the BGT-weidu, cause that's no longer a full conversion, aka it allows a lot more moding done to the game, and so people no longer use the -weidu while typing like they should, and even you probably used the BGT-weidu already back in the day. It's at least 14 years old mod.

Is it possible to get the attack back, yes. But, definitely not by using the Item Revision mod.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola

Sorry for rushng u but I wanted to play BG afeter work :) So i need solution quickly. I found on internet solution for my problem.

Baldurs Gate EE - Paws Of Cheetah - like in old good BG2 (with all overpowered perks)

1. Download and install mod:

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/888-pnp-free-action-v2/?fbclid=IwAR2EDQHJTHE_1vZqReYEeNjtmMatitxsoVZLxKkW_Ps0tOYYPtNC0i7JWGE

It allowes to use boots of speed with items that have "Free Action" perk/spell, for example: Spiders Bane (2 handed sword). If u dont use this mod "Free Action" perk that is in this 2h sword will deactive Boots of speed fast movement perk. As far as I remember in old good BGT it worked very well together.

2. Download 3rd version of Boots of speed in this topic below:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/14854/mod-boots-of-speed-bug-fix

And move it to override folde (replace if needed).

After these 2 poitns taht I mentioned u will be able to use Paws of Cheetah aka Boots of speed like in old good Baldurs Gate with all its perks (movement speed and +0,5atk) and with no collision with "Free Action" spells/perks. 

If u want to edit items in game (i used it to understand mechanics of those 2 problems (+0,5atk and collision with "Free Action")) u can use NearInfinity program. Its simple java app that i recommend.

I also upload those 2 files (pnp free action v2 mod and boots of speed BG2 edition) in case of server problems with other forums.

BOOT01.ITM

freeact-v2.rar

Edited by RaaDeeK

Hello Guys.

Recently ive installed EET and started my journey again. Some modders already know me cuz I am a little mean. Sorry about that guys. Iam mad cuz moddint this game is hard, long and stressfull, but game is epic.

My question is:
Can I install FREEACT mod on EET installation (after tweaks, scs, and EET END)?
I already did it on my test game folder. It works fine but i wanna make sure and ask someone who is more familiar with mods.

Question2:
Can i edit myself in nearfinity: boots of speed or haste spell or free action spell OR - hope not to edit all items with free action -  to allow for haste spell when free action equiped?
Its just deleting adding one perk to boots like: ignore spell free movement? Or its more complicated cuz for example 2h sword Spiders Bane has in nearfinity LOTS of perk/actions to prevent haste spell, haste effect, haste icon etc. I should edit ALL ITEMS with free action spell in it? Or just one spell = free action ?

Iam more familiar with BG2 cuz i played it more when i was young. IN BG2 boots of spped grants speed movement + 0,5 attack and for me its the the only one propper version of boots of speed.

Why Klatu’s tweak mod is better?

Klatu's mod is HUGE and has a lots of tweaks that i dont know if i need. Iam affraid that It might breake my game cuz my EET END is already finalized.
freeact mod is simple and fast to install.

Edited by RaaDeeK

You must have been using some mod, the boots did not give extra attacks in base BG2/BGT

Klatu’s has a lot but you only should install that one component. No difference installing one component from a big mod vs. installing a small one component mod. And basic item/spell tweaks like this should probably be fine installing after EET_End… EET_End is really more concerned with dialogues and scripts, IIRC. Of course make a backup of your install first, just to be safe. 

Just now, subtledoctor said:

You must have been using some mod, the boots did not give extra attacks in base BG2/BGT.

Actually the boots did in oBG2 prior to the fixpack, the boots apply haste opcode #16, type 2, which rounds up fractional APR.

It doesn't stack with regular haste though.

1 hour ago, RaaDeeK said:

Question2:

Can i edit myself in nearfinity: boots of speed or haste spell or free action spell OR - hope not to edit all items with free action -  to allow for haste spell when free action equiped?
Its just deleting adding one perk to boots like: ignore spell free movement? Or its more complicated cuz for example 2h sword Spiders Bane has in nearfinity LOTS of perk/actions to prevent haste spell, haste effect, haste icon etc. I should edit ALL ITEMS with free action spell in it? Or just one spell = free action ?

There was a mod by Miloch which did something like this, but it was on SHS, also @Daulmakan I think made something similar.

Miloch mod is the one that ive past in my solution few posts back(original link is for forum that is down for some time) Its old weidu installer but it update itself and works fine.

Its not a problem for me to edit some items in Nearfinity, i just need ur help to know if its possible to do it fast: edit just one spell - Haste to ignore free movement spell OR free movement to do nothing with haste spell :) OR i have to edit 10 items that are enchanted with free movement spell (like spiders bane) and delete from their perks all relations to haste spell (like icon on portrait, haste effect etc):

image.png.fe6dd9bfd49fb02173cdd85c8a284016.png

11 minutes ago, RaaDeeK said:

Its not a problem for me to edit some items in Nearfinity, i just need ur help to know if its possible to do it fast: edit just one spell - Haste to ignore free movement spell OR free movement to do nothing with haste spell :) OR i have to edit 10 items that are enchanted with free movement spell (like spiders bane) and delete from their perks all relations to haste spell (like icon on portrait, haste effect etc):

image.png.fe6dd9bfd49fb02173cdd85c8a284016.png

Sorry, I missed your link to Miloch's mod.

There are 2 options for you, the spells Haste and Improved Haste by default use opcode #16, this could be changed to #317 in the spell feature block.

#317 is very similar to #16 but it isn't prevented by FA, just make sure to leave it type 0 for 3rd level Haste, type 1 for Improved Haste.

Otherwise I think you'll have to edit every item/spell granting Free Action in the game, the ring ofc, the potions, flail of ages +5, Ixil's spike, Keldorn's armour.

Also, depending on your install, you might see #206 effects protecting from Haste spells (mostly to protect from fatigue debuff) in Free Action spells or items. All of those need to go, and yes it's quite a few files to edit.

Huh, I only remembered the movement increase, and the various old sites like Sorcerer’s Place and Mike’s RPG Center backed that up. The BG wiki claims they apply “weak haste” which is zero to 0.5 APR bonus. But did the wiki even exist back then? At any rate, it’s entirely possible I just never played a non-FixPack version of the game. 

As far as the free action thing, my recollection is that Klatu’s is currently more comprehensive and/or compatible than Miloch’s. At least, when I looked at them a couple years ago. 

8 hours ago, polytope said:

There was a mod by Miloch which did something like this, but it was on SHS, also @Daulmakan I think made something similar.

Yep. 😀

This is the specific component from Item Pack:

4. Convenient Free Action Items

This will change the Flail of Ages, Ixil's Spike, and the Ring of Free Action so that they no longer prevent the wielder from being hasted (they will still provide protection against hold, slow, and other similar effects).

If installed on Tutu, the Ring of Free Action will be affected in the BG1 portion of the game too.

If @RaaDeeK wants to try it out, link for the mod is in my sig.