Unearthed Arcana present Tome & Blood: more options for arcane casters

3 hours ago, Endarire said:

Do the latest versions of your mods account for the spells/IDs from OlvynSpells, especially for spell learning/spell swapping?  If not, may we get this in a near-term release?

Not soon. It would be a ton of work and likely introduce new bugs, and I am not at the top of my modding game and I don't have time to devote to doing this.

Olvyn's system is fine for his mod, but if other modders are to support it it needs to become more adaptable and universal.

i know this probably wont ever be responded to, but i'm going to ask anyway.

I downloaded the "source code.zip" file from the Github. I unpacked it into my installation directory, then, I pulled the files out of TomeAndBlood-0.9.4 and also placed them into my installation directory. When I click on the setup-TomeAndBlood.exe file that is now in that directory, the WeiDu (at least that's what I'm assuming it's called) screen, that black screen with all the white text, gives me the initial install message, the one which reads:

"What should be done with all components that are NOT YET installed?
nstall them, kip them, [A]sk about each one?".

However, when I type "I" and press enter, the screen comes back with:

"ERROR Installing [UNDEFINED STRING:   @11], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall   0 files for [TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2] component 11.
Uninstalled      0 files for [TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2] component 11.
ERROR: Sys_error("TomeAndBlood/lib/misc_tnb_functions.tpa: No such file or directory")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-TOMEANDBLOOD.DEBUG and look for support at: aquadrizzt" plus a whole lot of other info just like it.

I have no idea how to fix this problem. I am only assuming I installed everything correctly. So If I did not, or if there is something else I need to do, please let me know! thank you.

You want two things in your game directory: 1) setup-TomeAndBlood.exe, and 2) a folder titled “TomeAndBlood.” It looks like you pulled all of the files out of the TomeAndBlood folder, and put them into your game directory. That will cause problems.

Delete all that stuff - or, if it’s easier, just start with a fresh game directory... by the way a good thing to do is, install the game from scratch, then make a copy of your game directory. Afterward, when messing around with mods, if something goes wrong you can just trash the directory and restore it from your backup. 

Anyway, once you have a clean game directory, go to the downloaded TomeAndBlood .zip archive, and just copy those two things - the .exe and the folder - into your game directory. Then it should work. 

Btw if anyone is interested, or wants to tag Arunsun, I noticed over here that she/he is looking to:

create another couple of functions which I will need in the said mod, specifically:

- One to build a 2DA map from spells to their scrolls

- One to fetch the scrolls for a given spell resource

TnB has code for that stuff already. To create a .2da map of spells and their scrolls and schools, see here at lines 71-137. 

From that .2da map you can use READ_2DA_ENTRY to grab the filename of the scroll for a given spell, or to find all spells/scrolls of a given school, etc. 

You can also make an array with all that information; see here at lines 74-83. Then with the array you can make broad categorical changes (e.g. adding/changing/removing opposition schools, changing the schools of a bunch of spells based on a human-readable list (that’s what the linked code does), &c. 

(what the heck happened to the formatting of this post?? I’ll fix it in a bit.)

Edited by subtledoctor
1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

You want two things in your game directory: 1) setup-TomeAndBlood.exe, and 2) a folder titled “TomeAndBlood.” It looks like you pulled all of the files out of the TomeAndBlood folder, and put them into your game directory. That will cause problems.

Delete all that stuff - or, if it’s easier, just start with a fresh game directory... by the way a good thing to do is, install the game from scratch, then make a copy of your game directory. Afterward, when messing around with mods, if something goes wrong you can just trash the directory and restore it from your backup. 

Anyway, once you have a clean game directory, go to the downloaded TomeAndBlood .zip archive, and just copy those two things - the .exe and the folder - into your game directory. Then it should work. 

It seems to all be installing now. Thank you very much for your response. And I would also like to apologize if I seemed rude in my previous post. I have a history of ppl not responding. Anyway, I'll post more if any else goes wrong. Have a pleasant day/evening!

Hi,

Thank you for bringing me here @Endarire and thank you for your answers @subtledoctor. I only recently came back to modding and I was sad to see you had deleted your account over at Beamdog but I am very glad you are still active.
I'll make use of it and just loop through the 2DA and use Olvyn's tool to block all those that belong to one or more schools for my kit.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Edited by Arunsun

I found this mod after looking for a way to multiclass Sorcerer and I have a few questions. 

1) I saw that this mod adds? Dragon Disciple. Since that's already in the base game, does this mod replace that version or does it supplement it? And if it does replace it, what are the changes?

2) Can I use this mod in conjunction with the Multikits mod to make a Kensai/Dragon Disciple?

1 hour ago, Roto said:

I found this mod after looking for a way to multiclass Sorcerer

We have that!

1 hour ago, Roto said:

and I have a few questions. 

1) I saw that this mod adds? Dragon Disciple. Since that's already in the base game, does this mod replace that version or does it supplement it? And if it does replace it, what are the changes?

This mod has as component that adds several new dragon disciple kits, letting you choose your elemental affinity. (Are fiery red dragons the only ones who ever got busy with humans?) I think it modifies the red dragon disciple kit to make them somewhat uniform. From the v0.7 readme:

Dragon Disciples are powerful Sorcerers with dragons’ blood somewhere in their lineage. Their natural magical talents bring out their draconic heritage, allowing them to cast powerful magical spells and exhibit dragon-like abilities.

• d6 Hit Die. The Dragon Disciple rolls a d6 instead of a d4whenever a new Hit Die is earned.
  • Elemental Affinity. Dragon Disciples are attuned to one of the following damage types: acid, cold, electricity, or fire. They gain a +50% bonus to resistance against that damage type and they also deal +25% more damage of the selected type.
  • Scales. While not wearing armor, the Dragon Disciple may subtract their Charisma modifier from their base Armor Class.
  • Reduced Spellcasting. The Dragon Disciple gains one fewer spell slot for each spell level they can cast.
1 hour ago, Roto said:

2) Can I use this mod in conjunction with the Multikits mod to make a Kensai/Dragon Disciple?

Dunno. I suppose why not?  :crazyeyes:

15 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

This mod has as component that adds several new dragon disciple kits, letting you choose your elemental affinity. (Are fiery red dragons the only ones who ever got busy with humans?) I think it modifies the red dragon disciple kit to make them somewhat uniform. From the v0.7 readme:

Thanks. I guess my follow up question is if the  mod's Dragon Disciple's Scales ability scales like the Fire Resistance of the base Dragon Disciple or is it just a flat ability?

Also, does this mod allow me to pick and choose which parts I want or is it an all or nothing kind of deal?

7 minutes ago, Roto said:

I guess my follow up question is if the  mod's Dragon Disciple's Scales ability scales like the Fire Resistance of the base Dragon Disciple or is it just a flat ability?

I don't play with them, but I'm pretty sure it is just a flat 50% resistance.

7 minutes ago, Roto said:

Also, does this mod allow me to pick and choose which parts I want or is it an all or nothing kind of deal?

Everything is independent and optional. The only exception is component 67, "Choose-Your-Own-Familiars," automatically installs component 69, "Indelible Familiars," along with it.

20 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

I don't play with them, but I'm pretty sure it is just a flat 50% resistance.

Everything is independent and optional. The only exception is component 67, "Choose-Your-Own-Familiars," automatically installs component 69, "Indelible Familiars," along with it.

Thanks for answering my questions. I guess I have just one more for clarifications sake. So if everything is independent, I can use the mod and then still use the original Dragon Disciple kit instead of the one provided by this mod?