Unearthed Arcana present Tome & Blood: more options for arcane casters

Thank you so much! I couldn't get the hot fix to install, but uninstalling the old and then installing the new version of the mod fixed my ongoing game.

I have included the debug file from the hot fix just for reference.

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

As long as you install TnB after SR, they work fine together. The Identify component will only conflict with UI mods. (Also, just to be sure: you don't use it from the inventory screen, you actually have to cast the spell in the main screen like other spells.)

Yes, I play with Lefreut's UI. I can't bring myself to bear with the hideous SoD-UI so I will just give up on identify for now. Shall Xzar be on identify duty.

SETUP-5E_SPELLS_HOTFIX.DEBUG

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

Install order might be the issue. If you install Lefreut’s after TnB, it will definitely break things. But I thought they work together if you install Lefreut’s first...

Lefreut's is about first in my install order. Maybe I didn't understand what needed to be done. I had Identify as a lvl2 Spell even though the description said lvl1 and it was always greyed out like regular identify. On hover on the main screen it said "use right mouse button" or something along the lines. Identify via spell from inventory was not working.

Huh. It shouldn't be greyed out... I think the SPWI110 file is hard-coded to be greyed out, but if you added it as a 2nd-level spell (default behavior for the mod) then it should be castable like any other spell.

I'm fairly sure I've cast it in my current game, so that means the issue is somewhere in the differences between our mod lists. I don't use Lefreut's (doesn't work on an iPad AFAIK) so that might be it... I'll double check things on my end, though. The new identify is pretty cool when it works, and being able to identify 4 items with one casting later on in the game is a nice convenience.

Btw I've fixed the install problem in v4.2 of the hotfix, so if anyone else wants to fix Arcanists (or MnG bards) without disturbing your install, you can do that now.

3 hours ago, vr1l said:

So how does this work then? Sorry, if I'm dumb.

I cast the spell and then enter inventory and inspect the items to identify and a script will then identify them for me?

You cast the spell and then the inventory screen magically appears in front of you. Unidentified items are highlighted, and you can click on 1-4 of them and they become identified. It's really quite nice.  (I take no credit! The UI code is all by Bubb, I only used Weidu to put it into a spell.)

I really need to set up a Youtube or something, so I can make videos demonstrating this stuff...

EDIT

Nope, it's not working. Dammit! I haven't touched that component, why would it stop working?? Sigh. Off to troubleshoot.

Edited by subtledoctor

Hey, I'm just popping in again to say thanks for the quick update. I appreciate that. I haven't done extensive testing or anything but v0.9.9 appears to fix the choose-your-own familiar component in IWDEE. It no longer causes issues with sequencer screens for me. My current install also has Deities of Faerun (which has Divine sequencers) and SCS innate sequencers. Both are also working 100% now with choose-your-own familiar installed.

Thanks go to kjeron for that quick update. 

1 hour ago, Dan_P said:

Deities of Faerun (which has Divine sequencers)

Interesting!

Though, I’m not sure I love that idea. Most spells can fit the idea of a deity saying “I give unto thee magic!” But sequencers and contingencies and the old Permanency spell etc. always seemed to me the province of wizards, studying and experimenting, not just to do magic but to discover new and interesting techniques for doing magic. Sequencers seem more like a technique, than a spell. (That’s why I like the idea of innate sequencers - pulling them out of the spellbook. (Speaking of which, I should probably make an innate version of sequencers that work for Arcanists...))

19 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Here's how it's supposed to work. This video is from my Will to Power psionics mod. It uses the same code as Tome & Blood; I don't know why this one isn't working. Will look into it.

video

(I don't know how to embed a video...)

Thank you, that looks really cool. But from the looks of it I'm not surprised it doesn't play well with UI mods. When I migrate my run to BG2EE I will be sure to use this component.

Okay, that wasn't too hard. Pretty obvious mistake in retrospect, it was introduced when I enabled the player to decide at which level they want the Identify spell to reside. For clarity: by default the spell is a level 1 spell, but you can change that in the mod's settings file.  (You might want to move to level 2 if, say, you use the "Level 1 Cantrips" component, or if you just want more slots for Magic Missile, or whatever.)

It works now; you can get the latest version of the mod here.

If anyone has a game in progress, this hotfix should get it working for you.

Cheers!

Edited by subtledoctor
25 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Okay, that wasn't too hard. Pretty obvious mistake in retrospect, it was introduced when I enabled the player to decide at which level they want the Identify spell to reside. For clarity: by default the spell is a level 1 spell, but you can change that in the mod's settings file.  (You might want to move to level 2 if, say, you use the "Level 1 Cantrips" component, or if you just want more slots for Magic Missile, or whatever.)

It works now; you can get the latest version of the mod here.

If anyone has a game in progress, this hotfix should get it working for you.

Cheers!

Hooray for you!

Now I can enjoy your improved identify spell with Lefreut's in all its glory. Thank you so much for your tireless work!