Unearthed Arcana present Tome & Blood: more options for arcane casters

6 hours ago, Guest Nae said:

I seem to be unable to learn spells as a new single kit sorcerer.

6 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

You installed Tweaks' spell table tweaks after Tome & Blood. The readme points out that's the wrong order. Probably related.

Actually no - well, that's not great, it means multiclass sorcerers won't get the benefit of the new spell table. But single-class/kitted sorcerers will.

Actually this is a bug introduced in v0.9.23... I tried to streamline one tiny little thing, and broke sorcerer spell-learning instead. :upside:

This will only happen if you install the Sorcerer Spell Switching component, I believe. In any event it is not hard to fix. If someone like Nae has a game with mods already installed, just install this hotfix and carry on. (Well, sorry - to clarify, you'll have to re-roll a sorcerer so that the CharGen script can apply the corrected spell. Or you can ApplySpell("d5xsor1") if you are adept with the console. I think it's more complicated than just typing that... I'm not an expert with using console commands.)

I've updated the mod to v0.9.24 as well to fix this.

Edited by subtledoctor
3 hours ago, Skraty said:

Is it possible to dual class the sorcerer woth this mod?

No, it’s only a multiclass kit. (Could you dual to mage and then use EEKeeper or an AddKit script to give yourself the kit? Sure... but I’ve never seen what happens if you give a multiclass kit to a dual-class character. It might be okay; it might be mostly okay but have screwy HLAs; or it might be screwy in all sorts of ways. I honestly have no clue what would happen.

Hi @subtledoctor,

It seems there's an issue when installing 0.9.25 component Sorcerer Spell Switching (any version, each level or every 3 levels).

ERROR Installing [Sorcerer Spell Switching -> Change spells once every three levels], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 195 files for [TomeAndBlood/TomeAndBlood.tp2] component 72.
Uninstalled    195 files for [TomeAndBlood/TomeAndBlood.tp2] component 72.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "stat", "tomeandblood/lib/semi_spont/xsorc.itm")
Please make a backup of the file: setup-TomeAndBlood.debug and look for support at: aquadrizzt

There's no xsorc.itm there, only a d5xsorc.itm, I think.

5 hours ago, mickabouille said:

there's an issue when installing 0.9.25 component Sorcerer Spell Switching (any version, each level or every 3 levels).

ERROR Installing [Sorcerer Spell Switching -> Change spells once every three levels], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 195 files for [TomeAndBlood/TomeAndBlood.tp2] component 72.
Uninstalled    195 files for [TomeAndBlood/TomeAndBlood.tp2] component 72.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(Unix.ENOENT, "stat", "tomeandblood/lib/semi_spont/xsorc.itm")
Please make a backup of the file: setup-TomeAndBlood.debug and look for support at: aquadrizzt

There's no xsorc.itm there, only a d5xsorc.itm, I think.

Whoops, small typo there. Fixed it now.

On 2/10/2022 at 8:53 PM, NooberKiller said:

If revised invisibility merges sanctuary and invisibility, does that mean cleric/thiefs can backstab from sanctuary?

Honestly not sure. I feel like the game is hard-coded to prevent you from backstabbing under sanctuary.

-----------------

In other news, I have updated the mod to v0.9.26. This makes the following changes.

-- The 5th options for modifying sequencers ("compatible with 5E casting/multi-sorcerers") is removed. Instead, this will be installed automatically if you install multiclass sorcerers, or the Arcanist kit, or 5E arcane spellcasting from other mods like 5E Casting or Might & Guile. Happily, this is now compatible with TnB's four options for innate sequencers. So now, your multiclass sorcerers and 5E casters can have spell sequencers and contingencies as 1x/day innate abilities.

-- Likewise, the revised Idenitfy spell is now installed automatically when multiclass sorcerers or any 5E casters are installed. (The component is still there, in case people want to use it who don't use the different spellcasting systems. It is cool.)

-- You now have three choices as to how bonus spell-slot items like the Ring of Wizardry are handled with multiclass sorcerers and 5E casting:

1. they only give bonus memorization slots (don't install anything)
  2. they give bonus memorization slots and bonus casting slots (the old option)
  3. they only give bonus casting slots (a new option)

-- The readme is updated.

Hi. Can't install multi-sorcerers component (80) because of this error:

ERROR: cannot convert %first_empty_row% or %%first_empty_row%% to an integer
ERROR: [luFM0.2da] -> [override/lud5_255.2da] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
Stopping installation because of error.

I googled the same error here with no answer

Installing it pretty late, after tweaks.
EET, TnB v0.9.26

I see a backup file only in OlvynSpells's folder (component 1001, add new spells)

Contents of LUFM0.2da in override

Spoiler

1   GA_SPCL900  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *
2   GA_SPCL901  *       *       1           99          20              GA_SPCL900      *               *
3   GA_SPCL902  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *
4   GA_SPCL903  *       *       1           99          20              GA_SPCL902      *               *
5   GA_SPCL904  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *
6   GA_SPCL906  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *
7   GA_SPCL905  *       *       1           99          20              GA_SPCL906      *               *
8   GA_SPCL909  *       *       1           99          1               GA_SPCL905      *               *
9   GA_SPCL908  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *
10  GA_SPCL907  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *
11  AP_SPCL928  *       *       1           99          1               *               *               *
12  AP_SPCL929  *       *       1           99          1               AP_SPCL928      *               *
13  AP_SPCL930  *       *       1           99          1               AP_SPCL929      *               *
14  GA_SPWI920  *       *       32          99          1               *               *               *
15  GA_SPWI921  *       *       32          99          1               *               *               *
16  GA_SPWI922  *       *       32          99          1               *               *               *
17  GA_SPWI923  *       *       32          99          1               *               GA_SPWI924      ALL_EVIL
18  GA_SPWI924  *       *       32          99          1               *               GA_SPWI923      ALL_GOOD
19  GA_SPWI925  *       *       32          99          1               *               *               *
20  AP_SPCL108  *       *       1           99          1               AP_SPCL930      *               *
21  GA_SPCL109  *       *       1           99          1               *               *               *
22  GA_SPCL110  *       *       1           99          1               *               *               *
23  GA_SPCL111  *       *       1           99          1               *               *               *
24  GA_SPCL112  *       *       1           99          1               *               *               *
25  GA_MEWI960  *       *       32          99          1               *               *               *
26  GA_MEWI964  *       *       32          99          1               *               *               *
27  GA_MEWI965  *       *       32          99          1               *               *               *
28  GA_MEWI967  *       *       32          99          1               *               *               *
29  AP_MEHL044  *       *       1           99          1               *               *               *
30  AP_MEHL001  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *
31  AP_MEHL002  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *
32  AP_MEHL003  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *
33  AP_MEHL004  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *
34  AP_MEHL005  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *
35  AP_MEHL006  *       *       1           99          20              *               *               *

Refinements has it's own LUFM0.2da, but it looks completely different, so i think it was not used during install