Unearthed Arcana present Tome & Blood: more options for arcane casters

On 8/16/2023 at 7:24 PM, Endarire said:

Bug Report 2

I tried using OlvynSpells 2.5 with the latest EEex release (0.9.22) but the metamagics seemingly have no effect!  I tried consoling Imoen to Wizard level 23 and tested Mass Spell on stoneskin and mirror image.  Even with CHARNAME and Minsc close nearby, the caster was the only one to be affected by these effects.  (The character menu for Imoen showed stoneskin active, but not on other party members.)

I tried making a Shadow Magic Sor (Shadow Disciple) and normal Sor.  Metamagic seemingly had no effect.  With the Shadow Disciple's Mass Spell active, a small purple ball of light repeatedly pulsed from the caster to nearby allies as if to indicate a range.  It had no mechanical effect to my understanding aside from perhaps preventing saving while the graphic was displayed.

Note that on EET, I installed Shadow Magic then Tome & Blood then Spell Revisions then EEex then OlvynSpells then EET End.  I used the latest versions of each.

For another text, I tried removing Shadow Magic from the mix and used EET >> EEex >> Spell Revisions >> OlvynSpells >> Tome & Blood.  Metamagics still didn't work for the Sor and a Human Transmuter didn't even learn any metamagics to test!  In comparison, the mass cast spell cast by the Transmuter provided mass mirror image to the party just as expected!

To clarify, with just EEex/OlvynSpells & EET, metamagic worked as intended.

Sorry, I had missed this post. Just want to say, I can’t see what Tome & Blood has to do with any of this. Sounds like you have a problem with Olvyn Spells? TnB doesn’t change spells, unless you are using an Arcanist, Mana Sorcerer, or Multiclass Sorcerer. I have no idea how those EEex/Olvyn abilities work… you might want to find out. But TnB sorcerers  cast spells just like vanilla sorcerers, so other mods should work perfectly well with it. 

1 hour ago, Guest Shadow Ranger said:

Seem to have run in into a problem with the Choose Familiar component, there are none to choose from

I glanced at your weidu.log from the other thread, and I am fairly certain this is because you installed a UI overhaul at the end of your order. That likely overwrote several smaller UI-based tweaks, including this one. I have no idea how to go about fixing it, short of uninstalling LeUI. 

58 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

I glanced at your weidu.log from the other thread, and I am fairly certain this is because you installed a UI overhaul at the end of your order. That likely overwrote several smaller UI-based tweaks, including this one. I have no idea how to go about fixing it, short of uninstalling LeUI. 

Thanks - so I guess it's best to install UI mods at the very beginning, even before Quest mods?

Hello, was wondering if i could use the current release and drop the French traduction commit on top? Or wil it break thing? :)

And for the cantrip component, can i install lvl1 cantrip AND wand cantrip simultaneously? I really love the lvl1 cantrip idea, but i also love the idea of getting rid of sling. On a related note, for the wand cantrip, since it's an attack if i select my mage and click on a enemy to attack, it will use the wand by default?

On 8/23/2022 at 5:40 AM, subtledoctor said:

Bonus: if you use the tweak to change Sunfire into Missile Storm and you have Level 1 Cantrips installed, Missile Storm will recognize that MM was nerfed and cast three of them instead of two.

Although... generally SDRT will be installed before TnB... in which case it won't recognize it. So I have to add code to TnB to power up Missile Storm. Okay, I'll get on that soon.

Hey Doctor, did you ever get around to code this? Otherwise, I'm guessing placing that Sunfire tweak after the cantrips should be fine for now?

7 hours ago, Exal said:

Hello, was wondering if i could use the current release and drop the French traduction commit on top? Or wil it break thing? :)

Hi, I expect the "french" branch from the pull request to be terminally unadequate. It could maybe be mergeable but I don't expect it to be.

On the other hand, I think the https://github.com/mleduque/TomeAndBlood/tree/0.9.48-fr being much more recent may be useable (only missing new component names from 0.9.49, "Low-Level Spells Allowed" opposition schools.

Which would be easy to fix (it would break install beacuase of missing strings).

I don't remember how far I tested 0.9.48-fr though

EDIT: and actually https://github.com/mleduque/TomeAndBlood/tree/0.9.49-fr  may work)

Edited by mickabouille
13 hours ago, mickabouille said:

Hi, I expect the "french" branch from the pull request to be terminally unadequate. It could maybe be mergeable but I don't expect it to be.

On the other hand, I think the https://github.com/mleduque/TomeAndBlood/tree/0.9.48-fr being much more recent may be useable (only missing new component names from 0.9.49, "Low-Level Spells Allowed" opposition schools.

Which would be easy to fix (it would break install beacuase of missing strings).

I don't remember how far I tested 0.9.48-fr though

EDIT: and actually https://github.com/mleduque/TomeAndBlood/tree/0.9.49-fr  may work)

Thanks, i'll try 0.9.49. Since it's just for component cantrip lvl1 et wand cantrip i should be good.