Grey the dog: About the Mod

jastey

@Endarire Yes, he should travel with the PC into BGII and seems I also already covered that he will be there for a new BGII game. And, on the promenade, there is a little questlike encounter which can be solved and some items at Ribald's normal store, and he will transition to ToB correctly (script change etc.). He won't be summonable at the fate spirit because he was either with the PC or sent back to Jondalar. But that's it for now.

On 5/19/2020 at 10:23 AM, jastey said:

Flirtpack and Grey do not conflict afaik. The reason for Grey's recommendation is so that his interjections are installed last (i.e. play first in game).

The recommendation for Flirt Pack is so that all mod added dialogues for the BioWare romance NPCs are there and the PIDs added by flirtpack will be last in the file (to prevent stutter bugs in case a dialogue has no WEIGHT).

So the install order Grey - Flirt Pack should be fine.

@jastey It is all about barking first :)

I am still digging in my EET install order.

- I feel stupid to ask the following question but it is just to be sure: should i also install "Crossmod Banter Pack for BG2" After "Grey the dog" ? (to apply the recommendation from the readme: Install this mod as late as possible after all other mods that add interjections, i.e. NPC mods or mods that add content to NPCs.)

I also came to an install order dilemna with "Grey the dog", "NPC Flirt Packs" and "Quest Pack by SimDing0":

•  "NPC Flirt Packs" should be installed After "Grey the dog"
  • From Quest Pack's readme: Quest Pack After NPC Flirt Packs to prevent flirts activating in the new Underdark area.

Quest Pack (a quest mod) is usually installed before NPC mods (like Grey the dog), at least this is the case in my install order, so it makes the above recommendations almost impossible to apply together. I was planning to post the question at PPG but i can't get access to my account.

Would you have any suggestion?

Edited by Mordekaie

@Mordekaie Grey mod and Banterpack shold be independent on each other. Install in any order.

Grey mod and the Flirtpack could become a recommendation towards Flirtpack after Grey mod in case there is "banter" between Grey and the Flirtpack NPCs for BGII (which so far are not included in the Grey mod because the BGII part is not finished.)

So, currently install order with regard to Grey mod is unimportant, chose whichever fits best for the other mods.

2 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

From Quest Pack's readme: Quest Pack After NPC Flirt Packs to prevent flirts activating in the new Underdark area.

This could maybe be added to Flirtpack, too so the install order recommendation can be reversed, since this is indeed a very unfortunate install order. I'll put it onto my list but I'm not sure when I'll have the time to update the Flirtpack.

If you have troubles with registering at PPG let me know and I can ping @jcompton via Discord.

12 hours ago, jastey said:

@Mordekaie Grey mod and Banterpack shold be independent on each other. Install in any order.

Grey mod and the Flirtpack could become a recommendation towards Flirtpack after Grey mod in case there is "banter" between Grey and the Flirtpack NPCs for BGII (which so far are not included in the Grey mod because the BGII part is not finished.)

So, currently install order with regard to Grey mod is unimportant, chose whichever fits best for the other mods.

This could maybe be added to Flirtpack, too so the install order recommendation can be reversed, since this is indeed a very unfortunate install order. I'll put it onto my list but I'm not sure when I'll have the time to update the Flirtpack.

If you have troubles with registering at PPG let me know and I can ping @jcompton via Discord.

@jastey Thanks for your answer. About PPG, i have an account but i forgot my password. I have been trying for a while to set a new password, but i never get any email from PPG to proceed...