Grey the dog: About the Mod

jastey

Just now, jastey said:

Ah! Here I was, thinking it's a companion like the mage's familiar, ahem.

Unfortunately, no.  That would have been way too cool. :)

Oh, I'm not starting over to fetch the dog.  Can I just 'create' him where I am and have him join me?  Will he level up?

I need this dog but I'm basically finished with BG1, testing out my between chapters changes and can't start over.  But I need this dog!  How do I make him follow the group?  If I 'create' him, bring him in, then bring back in who he replaced, he doesn't follow. 😂

2 minutes ago, jastey said:

@Lauriel You could also travel to the "Gorion's site" area after installing the mod. He should actually be there - basically where Imoen joined the group. Imoen needs to be in group while Grey joins the first time though, because of how the dialogue flows.

Ahh, ok.  Next time I'll do that.

4 minutes ago, jastey said:

Do you have the reply option to tell him to "stay close" or is the dialogue something completely different? Try setting "Global("C#GreyJoined","GLOBAL",1)" while he is in party.

Setting the global did the trick.  Thanks! :)

Not sure if this is a bug or just regular play. But when grey is in 7th party mode, he's passive except when attacked. Is there anyway to have him act according to his script, aka attack when seeing enemies? I'm probably misunderstanding the functionality, so feel free to correct me. But it looks like he defaults to the class script default.bcs when in 7th party mode, instead of the c#grey.bcs which contains the attack functions.

Yes, the class script is set to DEFAULT upon changing into the 7th party member mode. The setting of the fighting scripts is definitely something that could be improved and it's on my todo list. Just a note: the c#grey.bcs does not contain any fighting scripts, it's the script with all the mod added content (triggering of dialogues, changing into 7th party member etc.) and assigned to the OVERRIDE slot.

If you have suggestions as to which scripts would be more appropriate let me know.

In the Install Order section in the Readme, it suggests installing Grey the Dog last after all other NPC and interjection mods.  Would you suggest installing this before or after the NPC Flirtpacks, which have a similar recommendation?

Flirtpack and Grey do not conflict afaik. The reason for Grey's recommendation is so that his interjections are installed last (i.e. play first in game).

The recommendation for Flirt Pack is so that all mod added dialogues for the BioWare romance NPCs are there and the PIDs added by flirtpack will be last in the file (to prevent stutter bugs in case a dialogue has no WEIGHT).

So the install order Grey - Flirt Pack should be fine.