Grey the dog: About the Mod

jastey

Hi! I like this mod a lot, Grey is fun and works pretty well. I noticed one thing: the 'fall unconciuos when near death' mechanic requires party AI turned on, am I right? Beacuse I put Grey in front of a werewolf when party AI was off, and it just refused to go down like Rocky; then with the AI on he gave the warning and fell. Asking this because if it's a bug, it could be seriously exploited.

Hmm, it shouldn't, because all relevant script blocks are in Grey's override script. Or I didn't get how scripts for familiars are executed and all their scripts only work if AI is on? That would be a bummer.

Thanks for reporting, I fear there is not much I can do. The 7th party member mode is fickle anyway. You can also exploit that he is always levelling up to the PC's XP upon rejoining.

And thanks for the kind words.

@jastey

A small thing that is becoming increasingly annoying: in my game Grey is slower than the rest of the party. I have the Tweaks Anthology component that increases movement speed by 150% outside of combat, and I have to wait for him at every area transition. Doesn't matter if he's in party mode, or 7h member.

Looking at the .gam file in Near Infinity, there are 3 opcodes 176 active: one from the same TA component, and the other 2 from some other spells with type - increment and value - 1. Doesn't matter, Grey always walks at the same speed.

I tried adding another opcode 176 to Grey's collar, copying the values from the paws of the cheetah but with a smaller percentage, and still nothing. Is there a better way to increase movement speed so he can keep up?

I can't answer your last question, I am afraid. I know I need to have a look at the walking speeds, which are different for old engine and EE. They should increse with levelling up, but Grey definitely needs a compatibility component with TA as it seems. Why he isn't faster if full party member I don't know unfortunately.

On 2/1/2022 at 7:34 AM, jastey said:

They should increse with levelling up, but Grey definitely needs a compatibility component with TA as it seems. Why he isn't faster if full party member I don't know unfortunately.

Allright, so I leveled him up - no changes. Leveled him up even more by just giving XP,  same as before. Interestingly, in combat he is even slower: we're talking about ochre jelly movement speed here. It appears that the TA opcode 176 is applied correctly, he is just super slow and adding another opcode 176 to his items (as I did) is not enough.

In SoD, where is Grey initially?

I tested this briefly on EET and noticed Grey was in SoA in Chateau Irenicus!  How finished is his BGII content?  Can we Fate Spirit summon him?

Is Grey continuous on EET?

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire