SubtleMods: Will to Power, a 2E-inspired psionics mod

8 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Any mod that alters weapprof.2da will do that. How is that a problem?  The number of columns in each row is unchanged.

Yours is the only one that has done that, so far, and it made it so that, as a ranger, I could only train once in bows.  When I fixed it in NI, I could once again train properly.  I venture to guess, when things look up columns for which to use for each kit, it's off by one because the header is off by one.  ::shrug::  Not an expert.  Just know what I see and what happened to my character before and after.

But the header row is always off by one. It has one fewer column than the rest of the rows, and to make it nicely readable each column in that row gets pushed a bit to the right. It’s a quirk of that file, but the file still works. AFAIK that header row is useless anyway. I believe to check a kit’s proficiency limits, you cross-reference the column value found in kitlist.2da with the row number of this or that weapon. 

I’m not seeing any problems with proficiencies in my game... but I don’t have the “let clerics use sharp weapons” component installed. Do you? There could be some kind of bug there...

The header isn't off by one, the first is just an empty header and it's not unique in this.  All I know is this is the only kit mod that does this for me (granted, I only have 3) and my ranger can't train properly until I fix it.  Take from that what ya will. :)

EDIT: Train properly in the character creation screen, that is.  I didn't test otherwise...I think.  I've reset up stuff and rerolled and retesting so many thing so many times I can't say for certain when it affected training, just that it did.

Edited by Lauriel
4 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I’m not seeing any problems with proficiencies in my game... but I don’t have the “let clerics use sharp weapons” component installed. Do you? There could be some kind of bug there...

I don't think so.  Is this part of cdTweaks?  The table is thrown off by your mod though, for certain.  And once fixed, my issue goes away.

Edited by Lauriel
4 hours ago, Lauriel said:

I don't think so.  Is this party of cdTweaks?  The table is thrown off by your mod though, for certain.  And once fixed, my issue goes away.

I'm not sure I understand how you fixed it.  By just adding a space at the beginning of the row?  Unless I misunderstand things, I don't think .2da files work that way. 

As I say, I haven't seen this in my testing, but you might have some combination of mods or components that I didn't test.  Can you post your weidu.log (in spoiler tags)?

I'm really sorry but I just finished trashing it and am rebuilding my game again.  Your mod is sort of in the middle of my build, so don't want to complete the install without fixing the 2da file in case that's what's messing stuff up. (EDIT: "that"  meaning, having the table out of whack when other mods do their stuff).

As far as how I fix the table?  I just add spaces until the headers are aligned with the rest of the columns.  Improved Archer adds kits, Grey the Dog adds kits, Foundling also adds kits, and their resulting weapprof.2da file is just fine.  I think you must trim spaces before saving it?  I dunno - like I said, not an expert ...at all.

Edited by Lauriel

And I apologize for my mostly incoherent sentences that need to be edited a half dozen times to make any sense.  I had a grand total of about 3 hours sleep last night...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Edited by Lauriel
corrected my incoherent typing

Also, the conversation you see in that screen shot has the 1st assassin in Candlekeep prologue saying a line from the fallen paladins in Athkatla in BG2.  If I attack and only wound Carbos (the leftside assassin), he says the same thing.  According to this conversation here, it might be from this mod.  I'm using the mod in EET.  Is there a problem with me doing that, maybe?  I'm using the solar flash wild talent on them.  The line is strref 31786 in EET.  According to @jastey, that's blinded in BG1:EE, which makes sense since that's one of the side affects of the power.  She says, in EET, you need to add 200k to the BGEE strref.

Edited by Lauriel
4 hours ago, Lauriel said:

Have noticed this when using wild talent...I'm suddenly no longer using my equipped weapon.

This might not be from W2P.  I've noticed it twice but I can't duplicate it on purpose so something else might be intruding into the mix.

Yeah, Solar Flash was adapted from False Dawn - as most of these abilities began as that or that spell, which I then modified. Usually I remove any ‘Display String’ effects, because I would rather have the abilities function correctly and not have to worry about the different strings in the various versions of the game. Looks like I missed one here. 

My latest test gave me 2 abilities.  Is it a mistake because I imported the character?  I don't remember if the import already had an ability when I save it off or not...sorry.  Should I completely start from scratch each time?

And the answer is!  Yes, I guess I should make sure to export before getting a talent, but you may want to plug that exploit.  I have 4 of those bad boy now, and I'm pretty certain I could just keep going and going and going.  LOL

I'll try using one and see if it self corrects.  It didn't.  Not even after a rest.  I probably don't really have 90 PSPs, but ...sure does look like I do :)  As soon as I use one, they all show 12, like they're supposed to.

image.png.b5123423c50a47972ae40047ea8b2063.png

Edited by Lauriel

Is aura evaluation supposed to be an aggressive spell?  I just wanted to use up PSPs so cast it at a monk in Candlekeep and the entire place aggroed on me.  If it's aggressive, shouldn't it be colored red?  Oh wait...right...your colors mean something different.  Forgot...