Should I seek professional help?

2 hours ago, jastey said:

Prepare for the times where you know almost everything of the game(s) - but from reading the ressources, not from experiencing it while playing. Where you start thinking in internal file names when referring to game characters and ares. Where sentences like "Why is the install failing at all and not just printing the ~WARNING: could not find %textToReplace% in %SOURCE_FILESPEC%~ line in my first case?" seem completely normal to you!

Lol, so much this!  I don't even play the game except to test something.  Modding is just how I enjoy the game.  

Edited by Grammarsalad
23 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

Sad part is, I’m trying to actually play the game now, with my mods - SoD for the first time, finally! with a spontaneous-casting cleric, cool! - and I’m just not finding it very fun. My brain is like “yeah yeah, but what about that psionics mod you never finished...”

Seems you haven't been corrupted yet enough by moding to know, that playing the game is not where; the fun is/the dugs are. The makers of the game didn't make the game to play it, they made it not for proffit either, but to mod at it. And you are just showeling coals at their inferno of a world now. Yes, most of them have recovered... but not all.

When you fail to undestand the normal cry of agony, has turned into accelerated lust of more information and delectation. Aaaiiiiaaah.