Should I seek professional help?

Well, the answer to that is probably 'yes', but seriously!  WTH?!  I'm not even finished with my first mod and I already have a list of 5 more that I 'just need!' to do.  I can't say I wasn't warned (thank you @jastey).  If you haven't started modding, run - just run.  Don't look back...  IT IS SO MUCH FUN!  It can be so frustrating to start a new development environment - but I've been at this for over 40 years...I've adapted...a few BAZILLION times.  I've never felt so STUPID in my life.  It is SO COOL!

Anyway, I just wanted to share my joy and frustration and warn off anyone sitting on the fence.  You've been warned.

3 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

Yeah, and you should prepare to make your own megamod compilation... been at it, and moding the last 14 years and haven't left SoA chapter 3 ever after.

OH NO!  I didn't even think of that!  I don't want to be stuck in SoD for the rest of my life.  It's my least favorite part!  Which is why I come up with more ideas to improve it, I suppose.  Good thing I have a couple things I want to change in SoA, too.  That would have been depressing!

Prepare for the times where you know almost everything of the game(s) - but from reading the ressources, not from experiencing it while playing. Where you start thinking in internal file names when referring to game characters and ares. Where sentences like "Why is the install failing at all and not just printing the ~WARNING: could not find %textToReplace% in %SOURCE_FILESPEC%~ line in my first case?" seem completely normal to you!

22 minutes ago, jastey said:

@ithildurnew Thank you and all players who play the mods, report about them, and even state they've enjoyed them!

I mean, how awkward would it be to have so much fun modding the games with noone actually playing the mods! 

It is more fun to know someone else might enjoy what you do, but I gotta admit, I'm doing this for me.  If other's have fun, that's icing on the cake. :)

1 hour ago, jastey said:

Prepare for the times where you know almost everything of the game(s) - but from reading the ressources, not from experiencing it while playing. Where you start thinking in internal file names when referring to game characters and ares. Where sentences like "Why is the install failing at all and not just printing the ~WARNING: could not find %textToReplace% in %SOURCE_FILESPEC%~ line in my first case?" seem completely normal to you!

I actually recognize that line!  LOL  So nerdy cool. :)

@Lauriel

1 minute ago, Lauriel said:

It is more fun to know someone else might enjoy what you do, but I gotta admit, I'm doing this for me.  If other's have fun, that's icing on the cake.

True, but I did not add 30% of Ajantis BGII content for reactions to evil PC behavior because I'd need it for myself..