Angel's SoD Yeslick Mod (split from "Take a First Stroll Around the Tower!")

6 minutes ago, jastey said:

Dang, guess I went into the trap! :D

Don't worry, I won't hold it against you if you are too busy.  But I am working on a Yeslick in SoD mod that I could use help with sometime.  Not right now though, I first want to deliver the stuff I promised for NTotSC.

18 minutes ago, jastey said:

@Angel You are aware of my SoD NPC tutorials? (Just checking). I always liked Yeslick in BG1, although he joins the group way too late.

Yes, and that I can implement.  I have a very rudimentary version where he joins in the Dwarves of Dumathoin quest, but I always struggle with writing dialog and stuff.

And yeah, another thing I want to do is make Yeslick available earlier in BG1, but his nominal story importance makes him trickier to do than Quayle or Tiax.  But I guess I don't need to tell you what story importance can do.  Kudos on the Imoen 4 Ever mod, playing BG2EE with it now. ^^

4 minutes ago, Angel said:

another thing I want to do is make Yeslick available earlier in BG1, but his nominal story importance makes him trickier to do than Quayle or Tiax.

I'm looking foreward to se what you come up with! Right now, I wouldn't know how to introduce him earlier.

4 minutes ago, Angel said:

Kudos on the Imoen 4 Ever mod, playing BG2EE with it now

Thanks! Let me know how it worked for you.

3 hours ago, Angel said:

Don't worry, I won't hold it against you if you are too busy.  But I am working on a Yeslick in SoD mod that I could use help with sometime.  Not right now though, I first want to deliver the stuff I promised for NTotSC.

Did anyone ever make Yeslick for BG2?

I wouldn't be that harsh. I think there are different kinds of mods. Some are to introduce weird adventures. Other add spicy scenes and romantic content. There are characters that introduce unusual motifs. Yeslick BG2 - as I see it - add stability and while it may not look as rich as some other mods, I wouldn't say it was ever to offer unique and unusual content. It was to offer a character that will be more like a shelter from all the bizarre things that happen around Bhaalspawn. Yeslick is a solid rock. Calm. Dependable. And I think it's there, in the mod, @Pixel Kaiser, so don't be so harsh about it :)

1 hour ago, Lava said:

I wouldn't be that harsh. I think there are different kinds of mods. Some are to introduce weird adventures. Other add spicy scenes and romantic content. There are characters that introduce unusual motifs. Yeslick BG2 - as I see it - add stability and while it may not look as rich as some other mods, I wouldn't say it was ever to offer unique and unusual content. It was to offer a character that will be more like a shelter from all the bizarre things that happen around Bhaalspawn. Yeslick is a solid rock. Calm. Dependable. And I think it's there, in the mod, @Pixel Kaiser, so don't be so harsh about it :)

Well, that was my intent, so thank you for the kind words.

I'm quite fond of the Yeslick for BG2 mod, my only complaint with it is that he starts at too low a level for BG2 (5/5), but that is easily enough fixed.  If I recall correctly I made a small contribution to it in the past in the form of a fixed .bam for his holy symbol.

Anyway, that mod was actually one of my inspirations for my attempt to get Yeslick in SoD.  I have it working at a *very* basic level now, he appears in the Dwarves of Dumathoin quest and can join the party, but nothing else.  There is no dialog or scripting for him at all.  First thing to do is to add the scripting @jastey in her readme.

If you want to check what I have and maybe contribute to it, it is here.  But remember, this is a pre-alpha, I wouldn't recommend installing it except for testing.

https://github.com/AngelGryph/Complete_Dwarf

I can send @jastey or @Gwendolyne the most recent version of Yeslick BG2 so one of them can upload the mod, but there was a change in consideration. I wonder if it should be updated first. 

@Angel - I would love to see him in SoD! I hope you'll succeed. I am a bit worse when it comes to SoD portions, as there is this moving between areas/camps thing and I find it annoying to code, but when it comes to other things, feel free to send me a message. Perhaps I'll help to test a bit... depends on many factors, but... anyway, just let me know.

Edited by Lava