BG1NPC Bugthread

jastey

On 11/13/2020 at 5:23 AM, Caedwyr said:

The following line from Jaheira can fire while in the Friendly Arm Inn

Alrthough I would not mind the dialogue to fire outside from nature areas, it would be weird if she'd say this before the group ever visited one. I'll add an OUTDOOR check.

On 11/13/2020 at 5:23 AM, Caedwyr said:

Also, a couple of typo/grammar corrections:

Thank you, integrated!

On 11/1/2020 at 11:09 AM, Guest Merlin said:

the 11 charisma given by the guide is not enough. It should be 13 or maybe better.

The script of Shar-Teel romance checks for CHA and STR greater than 10. The only instance where it checked for greater than 11 is in the case of a ranger/paladin PC who fell. Will be adjusted in the next version.

17 hours ago, jastey said:

A little more detail would be needed to answer that. What do you think he was supposed to do and what happened instead? Which version of the mod are you playing?

Well I finished the Dryad part to kill the two men but she left without Xzar doing anything or even saying anything. I have the most recent version

10 hours ago, Guest Ukown9 said:

I have the most recent version

Please post the entry from your weidu.log.

After killing the two wood cutters, with Xzar in party the Dryad should start a mod added dialogue if talked to afaik. If Xzar was in your party and able to talk when you talked to the Dryad after killing the men but no quest dialogue triggered, then something went wrong with the mod install maybe.

Hello,

I'm playing BGEE multiplayer with my friend and we have BG1 NPC Project installed. We experienced a some kind of a bug during a dream talks. I controlled Dynaheir and my friend has PC and Minsk. As below code shows, Minsk initiated a conversation with Dynaheir and I had a control over a dialog windows. After clicking "next" for Dynaheir respone (@24), dialog ended and nothing was happened, especially there was no resting. When we tried to sleep second time but game stucked in pause and we could not unpause. Of course when my friend went to sleep without me in the multiplayer game, everything was ok. Have you encountered such behaviour in the past? Is there any problem with BGEE engine, multiplayer game or modification itself?

// x#mincs.d

/* Dream Script */
/* Dynaheir banter - Princess Sunflower Seed */
CHAIN IF WEIGHT #-2 ~%BGT_VAR% Global("X#MIDY2","LOCALS",1)~ THEN ~%MINSC_JOINED%~ MIDY2
@23
DO ~SetGlobal("X#MIDY2","LOCALS",2)~
== ~%DYNAHEIR_BANTER%~ @24
== ~%MINSC_BANTER%~ @25
== ~%DYNAHEIR_BANTER%~ @26
== ~%MINSC_BANTER%~ @27
== ~%DYNAHEIR_BANTER%~ @28
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @29
== ~%MINSC_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @30
== ~%DYNAHEIR_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @31
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @32
== ~%DYNAHEIR_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @33
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @34
== ~%DYNAHEIR_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @35
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @36
== ~%DYNAHEIR_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @37
== ~%MINSC_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @38
== ~%IMOEN_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @39
== ~%MINSC_BANTER%~ IF ~InParty("%IMOEN_DV%") InMyArea("%IMOEN_DV%") !StateCheck("%IMOEN_DV%",CD_STATE_NOTVALID)~ THEN @5 
END
IF ~~ THEN DO ~RestParty()~ EXIT

Thanks for help.

Edited by Roberciiik
21 hours ago, Roberciiik said:

After clicking "next" for Dynaheir respone (@24), dialog ended and nothing was happened, especially there was no resting. When we tried to sleep second time but game stucked in pause and we could not unpause. Of course when my friend went to sleep without me in the multiplayer game, everything was ok. Have you encountered such behaviour in the past? Is there any problem with BGEE engine, multiplayer game or modification itself?

It seems the game couldn't move to Minsc's banter file after he started the banter with his joined dialogue file. I don't think this happens for single player mode. It's the first time I heard about this. I'd assume it has someting to do with multiplayer mode but I don't know.

Could you reproduce it?

39 minutes ago, jastey said:

Could you reproduce it?

Probably... To reproduce I need to play multiplayer on my friend's savefile before sleeping (we have quicksave file). Is there anything I can check, like variables or files? Let me know if you need my savefile or whole game installation folder.

52 minutes ago, jastey said:

game couldn't move to Minsc's banter file after he started the banter with his joined dialogue file.

It is weird as Mincs used some banters from this file before, for example when we reached Gnoll Stronghold.

@Roberciiik if you and your friend would try this again, that would be awsome. You can trigger the banter by setting Minsc's lokal variable Global("X#MIDY2","LOCALS",1) (to set a lokal variable, the cursor needs to hover over Minsc when you cheat the variable - just in case you aren't aware yet).

If you can reproduce this then the only thing I could try as a fix is to remain in MInsc's joined dialogue for the whole banter.

4 minutes ago, Roberciiik said:

It is weird as Mincs used some banters from this file before, for example when we reached Gnoll Stronghold.

I have a similar (I think) problem for my NPC in "7th party member mode": if they start a banter with their B.dlg the whole banter works. If the banter was started by the other NPC or via the J.dlg the banter ends abruptly.

I don't know whether it is the similar problem, but the Minsc-Dynaheir banter stopping after @24 would be exactly when Minsc is supposed to switch from J.dlg to B.dlg. This works in single player mode, but maybe it's not for multiplayer for whatever reasons.

Hi,

On 1/22/2021 at 9:46 PM, jastey said:

would be exactly when Minsc is supposed to switch from J.dlg to B.dlg.

Oh, now I see what you mean - @25 response is from MINSC_BANTER file, not from MINSC_JOINED. So yes, it looks like very similar problem.

We reproduced the issue today. However after setting the global variable dialog didn't start even when we typed in the console Eval with StartDialogNoSet.

Our results:

- Dynaheir is controlled by me, Minsc controlled by host: issue occurred.

- Mincs is controlled by me, Dynaheir controlled by host: issue NOT occured.

- Both Dynaheir and Minsc controlled by me: issue NOT occured.

- Both Dynaheir and Mincs controlled by host: issue NOT occurred.

I forgot to mention that first dream banter was also wrong (MIDY1).

Do you think it is a game engine bug?

Thanks for the tests!

9 hours ago, Roberciiik said:

- Dynaheir is controlled by me, Minsc controlled by host: issue occurred.

And the banter always ended after Dynaheir's line? I would have thought that if Minsc is controlled by the host the switch between dlgs should work..

I would believe it is an engine problem, yes. At least I don't have any other explanation. The only thing I see is to change the whole banter to use the same dlg for Minsc all the way. This does not only concern these two with Dynaheir, though. I think all banters in BG1NPC that are triggered by script switch to teh banter file after being started vir the joined dlg..

Yes, banter always ends after Dynaheir line (with @24) and before Minsc (@25). The issue probably is related only to "sleep talks" before party resting. We had also seen the problem with first (MIDY1) sleep talk, but after second occurance I posted issue here. We are still in the beginning of the game (Nashkel) so it is hard to tell if there are more situations related to this. Can we add some kind of "TODO" to move all the dialogues from banter file to joined filed? Why Minsc need to start with joined dlg file here and then switch? Is it possible to start script from banter file instead of switching?

4 hours ago, Roberciiik said:

Is it possible to start script from banter file instead of switching?

I'd rather keep the J.dlg after the banter started with it. The B.dlg is full of dialogues that trigger when the time is right - mixing this with timered talks is not a good idea. It's usually: the J.dlg is for timered and via script initiated dialogues, the B.dlg contains states that gets tiggered by the engine and have true triggers (for certain conditions).

Do you think we could test this somehow before someone starts changing all dialogues that are affected? I guess you want to finish your current runthrough before reinstalling mods on both of your games...

Yes, I think we can try to help with debugging and testing. As our gemaplay can last a year, we could rename "current" game folder to reinstall mods on clean setup. This way we can switch games by renaming directories. Let me know if you have any idea how to start with this issue. Maybe we should move discussion to new topic to not spam here on bugthread. 

Good mod. Some oddities:

1) When you meet Mutamin in the basilisk garden, Kivan makes a reference to Prism even if you never met him, by telling that Prism gave his life for his art. But I still didn't do Prism's quest nor met him. The banter should happen only in that case.

2) Ajantis asks the nereid in the lighthouse (AR3600) to restore the companion she kissed to life. This is not how it works in EE: there, the companion is put to 1 hp and sleeps.

3) Garrick comment on Ivanne – Blushing mermaid has a bad text error. Beginning of the statement is:
“a good tale is priceless, <charname>”.
https://postimg.cc/yDD7Qzkg

4) When I found Gorion letter, only one npc commented about my heritage, that is Ajantis, even if you are supposed to speak the letter loudly. Would you kindly think about disabling the banter that you are reciting the letter loudly? I mean, you talk about the fact that you are the

Bhaalspawn

and on a team of five (imoen, Ajantis, Branwen, Garrick, Kivan) only one reacted. Odd. Actually, best course of action would be Ajantis asking you privately about the letter (e.g: <charname>, is the content of the letter important?), so you can tell only him if you wish.