BG1NPC Bugthread

jastey

23 minutes ago, jastey said:

please point out what the typo is.

Jaheira's last line reads:

No, neither you nor your vile comrades have the strength to do so, and ï3½t is a lesson you are about to learn.

(that isn't exact, I don't recognise the character after the ï)

@jastey, I've got this error trying to install the latest version:

[D:\Games\00783\setup-bg1npc.exe] WeiDU version 24600
Using Language [English]
Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk
Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks] [v24.7]
Creating 1 directory
Copying and patching 1 file ...
loading 1 tra file
loading 1 tra file
Copying 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Extending game scripts ...
Compiling 1 script ...
ERROR: error loading [bg1npc/romances/COROM/dlg/p#coftb.baf]
ERROR: compiling [bg1npc/romances/COROM/dlg/p#coftb.baf]!
Stopping installation because of error.
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  40 files for [BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2] component 40.
Uninstalled     40 files for [BG1NPC/BG1NPC.TP2] component 40.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "bg1npc/romances/COROM/dlg/p#coftb.baf")
Please make a backup of the file: SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG and look for support at: The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45
Automatically Skipping [The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 331919 string entries
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content) -> Speed: 1 hour real time (standard) minimum between LoveTalks

Previous version installed without errors.

Guest Nazrel

Hey, I have a bug with Branwen's romance. She keeps spamming this banter non stop. Tried every answers, killing her, removing her from the group, nothing work. She keeps spamming it every 2 seconds. f7fzkJo.jpg

I have tried Shar-Teel romance. I think that there are some bugs. First of all: the 11 charisma given by the guide is not enough. It should be 13 or maybe better. Moreover, the romance got stuck after romance talk 13 or something. I'm not sure about the number anymore.  I have read the romance source codes and do not find any variable (e.g. too low #sharkind or something like that), which could cause that. If I remember correct it got stuck just before Shar-Teel should get free draw upon holy might (it does not appear). 

The following line from Jaheira can fire while in the Friendly Arm Inn

@7    = ~Had Gorion ever shown you much of the forests and taught you about Nature? Feel free to ask me any questions you have about them, anytime you wish. Actually, when the party is going through the forests, I would rather you ask me for advice or let me lead.~

This should probably require the wilderness tag if BG1 has it.

Also, a couple of typo/grammar corrections:

@7    = ~Did Gorion ever show you much of the forests or teach you about Nature? Feel free to ask me any questions you might have about them at anytime. In fact, when we are traveling through the wilderness, I would prefer you pay close attention to my counsel or allow me to lead.~

17 hours ago, rangerjohn said:

I am unable to get the mod to work, with either easytutu or enhanced edition.

I am afraid you will need to provide more detail as to what is not working if you are looking for help and not just making a statement about whether or not you've been able to get the mod working.