Back for another playthrough

Something I just realized -- I got the dialog where the Duke wants me to explore the Northern Citadel.  This is usually where he takes the Candlekeep Work Order back with just Framed installed but I don't recall this happening.  The scripting thinks I did the early quest and that's why the chapter is advanced.

Edited by Axatax

@Axatax just so you know, I identified the problem with the chapter change in your game. It was Framed mod, and Framed alone. Thanks for pointing this out, I'd would have taken me a while to find this.

This also means that NTotSC had nothing to do with it. There isn't even a compatibility problem with Duke Eltan taking back the work note. It worked all fine for me with the current mod versions.

The chapter change bug is an oversight in Framed where the mod assumes that the PC does not return to the Iron Throne after doing Candlekeep the normal way. The chapter change is triggered any time the party returns to the Head Quarters after being in Candlekeep. Will be fixed in a future version.

I can only repeat that in a multi-mod install, without digging through the code it is never clear which mod introduced a bug, even if it might seem like it. Be careful about putting the blame, and always report bugs so we can identify and fix it.

On 6/5/2023 at 7:59 AM, jastey said:

@Axatax just so you know, I identified the problem with the chapter change in your game. It was Framed mod, and Framed alone. Thanks for pointing this out, I'd would have taken me a while to find this.

This also means that NTotSC had nothing to do with it. There isn't even a compatibility problem with Duke Eltan taking back the work note. It worked all fine for me with the current mod versions.

The chapter change bug is an oversight in Framed where the mod assumes that the PC does not return to the Iron Throne after doing Candlekeep the normal way. The chapter change is triggered any time the party returns to the Head Quarters after being in Candlekeep. Will be fixed in a future version.

I can only repeat that in a multi-mod install, without digging through the code it is never clear which mod introduced a bug, even if it might seem like it. Be careful about putting the blame, and always report bugs so we can identify and fix it.

Thank you for looking into this and I didn't mean to come off with that attitude.