Ascension - report bugs here

DavidW

4 hours ago, Guest Ascension Query said:

So just to be clear Longest Road and your Wheels of Prophecy have game breaking conflicts with Ascension as of right now.

...possibly. With WoP, there are a bunch of different reports; some people seem to be playing it fine, others run into problems. It's too messy for me to sort out without a fairly systematic recode (happening, but no ETA) so I can't recommend it.

With Longer Road, I have basically no idea.

Also I've never played Ascension and I was curious why there is no Tougher Sendai portion listed.

David Gaider thought the original Sendai was tough enough already.

Also a question since I'm out of the loop and  havn't played baldurs gate since 2014.    Is the Tactics mod ported to BG2EE yet and is it compatible. 

I don't know, sorry.

23 hours ago, DavidW said:

If an authenticated user (not a guest) is able to provide me with a set of .tra files for Russian (or any language) that they attest is 100% complete, I'm willing to use it directly and bypass the automated translator. It is not clear to me that it's being helpful in this case.

Done. Have a nice day.

russian.zip

On 8/27/2020 at 10:07 PM, Guest Ascension Russian said:

The problem with the missing partial Russian translation remained. I installed the Ascension-2.0.13 and saw that the same moments with the description of the form of the Slayer, or Sarevok`s sword remained in English. While all this was completely translated, but for some reason the game still displays in English. Similar problems exist in translations into other languages. https://ibb.co/pKBPPP1

On 8/27/2020 at 11:31 PM, DavidW said:

I have only a very limited ability to mess with the current automated translation system.

If an authenticated user (not a guest) is able to provide me with a set of .tra files for Russian (or any language) that they attest is 100% complete, I'm willing to use it directly and bypass the automated translator. It is not clear to me that it's being helpful in this case.

9 hours ago, prowler said:

Done. Have a nice day.

Hi @DavidW

It won't. Bypassing translation system won't help as there is nothing wrong with it or with translation itself. You can quickly verify this by looking at the mod files directly: here and here

Since the report indicate that the problem exist in other translations as well, this might be problem with Ascension mod code, another mod interfering or installation procedure problem.

Edited by AL|EN
typos
Guest Ascension Russian

In translation files there is no part of the lines about new units of the Five, why they remained with English names. On the other hand, the translation files have a description of the form of the Slayer, and the Sarevok sword, and the forces received in the final battle, all lines coincide with the English tra file, but the game is still the English version.

The only thing missing from the Russian translation is 8 lines with the unit names of the Five in the tougher.tra file, but this is the least of the problems.

Guest Ascension Russian

The files description.tra and ascension.tra are the ones with which problems arise. The strings of these files and their contents are the same as in the final tra files of the Russian translation. But with tougher.tra there is another problem, there are no additional lines at all (English tra has 11 lines and numbering from the beginning, and in other languages, and in Russian including, only 3 last).
For the example, in Polish and Italian, instead of describing the form of the Slayer, there is "Invalid" and a six-digit number in general. 

Done! Our teammate p_zombie finded errors in code and resolve problem with non appear russian trranslation. Now all is ok.

All% language% changed to% LANGUAGE%, cause weidu has case dependency. Added missed lines in russian .tra, ee.tra, encoded to win-1251 (old files was in UTF-8 and doesn't appear in game). Now translation is ok and text appear correctly.

And some notes:

ascension_main.tpa
line 129 possible error. dot instead of slash

WITH_TRA "% ascension_tra_loc% / english.epilogues.tra" "% ascension_tra_loc% /% LANGUAGE% / epilogues.tra" BEGIN
fixed:
WITH_TRA "% ascension_tra_loc% / english / epilogues.tra" "% ascension_tra_loc% /% LANGUAGE% / epilogues.tra" BEGIN

redeemable_balthazar.tpa

line 170 same
WITH_TRA "% ascension_tra_loc% / english.epilogues.tra" "% ascension_tra_loc% /% LANGUAGE% / epilogues.tra" BEGIN

Can't attach here so fixed files avilable here https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkA92b6JxTcfh2PMd_1LGlANOYNe?e=JxO9k4

Cheers

Edited by prowler