I4E v5(Beta) with SoD content and new optional components structure!

jastey

Imoen4Ever updates to v5! Because of the new content and the changed components structure with more optional choices the mod package will have a beta tag until I get more feedback and bug reports.

Version 5 comes with SoD content: Imoen will rejoin the group at the first camp after marching out against the crusade. Just leave the camp via the road in northeast direction and Imoen will appear and ask to be taken back into the group. After that, she will be available as a normal joinable NPC until after the PC's fall at the end of teh game where the original game content will kick in again.

The changes to her dialogue after the poison attack was moved into an optional component, as well.

New content is also the possibility to chose Imoen's BG1 or SoD portraits in SoD, make her a continuous NPC in all of SoD (including the end), and seeing the "Imoen trains with Duke Jannath" scene from the scrying pool as a separate cutscene when the PC sets out against the crusade.

Version 5 also comes with non-destructive disabling of Imoen-related reply options. Thank you very much to @argent77 for the coding help!

The mod has now 12 components, 5 for BGII and 7 for SoD. For detailed descriptions, please refer to the readme directly:

1. I4E in BGII: Imoen Returns after Talking to Gaelan in Chapter 2 (required for BGII content)
  2. I4E in BGII: Give Imoen Dialogue Content in SoA
  3. I4E in BGII: Yoshimo Comes to Brynnlaw
  4. I4E in BGII: Give Imoen Protection Spell in Chapters 2 & 3
  5. I4E in BGII: Compatibility with Alternatives and Saerileth (note: this component should be installed after the Alternatives and/or Saerileth mods.)
  6. I4E in SoD: Imoen Remains in Group in Korlasz' Dungeon (this or component 7 is required for other SoD content)
  7. I4E in SoD: Imoen Returns to PC in First Coalition Camp (bd1000) (this or component 6 is required for other SoD content)
  8. I4E in SoD: Imoen Gives Better Reason to Stay Behind in Palace
  9. I4E in SoD: Play Cutscene With Imoen and Duke Jannath
  10. I4E in SoD: Give Imoen Dialogue Content in SoD Chapters 8-12
  11. I4E in SoD: Imoen at the End of the Game Should be the One that Was in Party (SoD Only)
  12. I4E in SoD: Unify Imoen's Portrait:
    1. Use Imoen's SoD Portrait after Korlasz' Crypt
    2. Use Imoen's BG1 Portrait in all of SoD

I don't know if this has been caught, but in bd1000.bcs the following block references the non-existent dialogue file "BDIMOENP".  You probably fixed it already and I'm using an old version (v5 pre) but thought I should mention it anyway just in case.

Spoiler

IF
	Global("C#IM_ImoenRejoinsbd1000","GLOBAL",4)
	!Dead("IMOEN2")  // Imoen
	!InPartyAllowDead("IMOEN2")  // Imoen
THEN
	RESPONSE #100
		SetGlobal("C#IM_ImoenRejoinsbd1000","GLOBAL",5)
		MoveGlobal("bd1000","IMOEN2",[470.3737])  // Imoen
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",Face(N))
		ReallyForceSpellDeadRES("bdrejuve","IMOEN2")  // No such index
		ChangeEnemyAlly("IMOEN2",NEUTRAL)  // Imoen
		ChangeSpecifics("IMOEN2",ALLIES)  // Imoen
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",SetGlobal("bd_joined","locals",0))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",SetGlobal("bd_retreat","locals",0))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",SaveObjectLocation("LOCALS","bd_default_loc",Myself))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",ChangeAIScript("BDIMOENS",OVERRIDE))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",ChangeAIScript("bdasc3",CLASS))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",ChangeAIScript("BDSHOUT",RACE))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",ChangeAIScript("",GENERAL))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",ChangeAIScript("",DEFAULT))
		ActionOverride("IMOEN2",SetDialog("BDIMOENP"))
		Continue()
END

I've noticed a couple of issues in version 5 beta 3 (EET game, SoD campaign):

At the Coalition Camp after the attack of Caelar's troups, Ophyllis arrives with news about your money. At the end of the conversation Imoen interjects, and right after that Imoen dies in place of Ophyllis.

Line @5530 (~I said I'd follow you anywhere, <CHARNAME>! Do you need any more proof? We are in *hell*!~) is endlessly repeated by Imoen when you reach hell. Looks like an incorrectly set script variable. Moreover, the way how this script block is coded it blocks the chapter screen from showing up and interferes with scripting of the crusaders fighting the devils. I solved it locally by moving the block from the top to the bottom of the script.

I'm not sure if this is also caused by this mod: At the end of SoD when you flee Baldur's Gate, you meet Imoen again. However, her dialog was very generic ("Heya, how are things going?") with the option to have her join you, and then nothing else. To trigger the expected dialog, I had to manually initiate a PID with Imoen which led to the expected plot sequence. I don't think this is the expected behavior. (I came up with the PID idea only later. Without it, all you can do is triggering generic talk with the canon NPCs, and when you try to leave the area the worldmap shows up without a single valid destination.)

There is a typo in game.tra, line @5540: "Such a huge dragon skelleton! ..." -> "Such a huge dragon skeleton! ..."

I can post the WeiDU.logs if you need them.

On 11/15/2020 at 7:06 PM, argent77 said:

I've noticed a couple of issues in version 5 beta 3 (EET game, SoD campaign):

At the Coalition Camp after the attack of Caelar's troups, Ophyllis arrives with news about your money. At the end of the conversation Imoen interjects, and right after that Imoen dies in place of Ophyllis.

Line @5530 (~I said I'd follow you anywhere, <CHARNAME>! Do you need any more proof? We are in *hell*!~) is endlessly repeated by Imoen when you reach hell. Looks like an incorrectly set script variable. Moreover, the way how this script block is coded it blocks the chapter screen from showing up and interferes with scripting of the crusaders fighting the devils. I solved it locally by moving the block from the top to the bottom of the script.

I'm not sure if this is also caused by this mod: At the end of SoD when you flee Baldur's Gate, you meet Imoen again. However, her dialog was very generic ("Heya, how are things going?") with the option to have her join you, and then nothing else. To trigger the expected dialog, I had to manually initiate a PID with Imoen which led to the expected plot sequence. I don't think this is the expected behavior. (I came up with the PID idea only later. Without it, all you can do is triggering generic talk with the canon NPCs, and when you try to leave the area the worldmap shows up without a single valid destination.)

There is a typo in game.tra, line @5540: "Such a huge dragon skelleton! ..." -> "Such a huge dragon skeleton! ..."

Will all be fixed in v6. Thank you again for the reports!