Suggestion

Guest Garanda

Guest Garanda

Hello Jastey,

First of all, I really like your mod, it fits perfectly in an EET when you want to make a full trilogy playthrough. It fills the little gap between BG1 and SoD really well.

Though, I wanted to suggest you the possibility to rest in the residence you're offered by the Dukes freely. Since it's your "home", it would be great to interact a bit more with it.

I don't know if it's possible to implement something like this

- The possibility to "talk" to your bed and "ask" for a rest. It's your bed after all, so why not using it ? 😁

- The possibility to spend time (like 2 - 4 - 6 hours), without the benefits of a rest. It is sometime annoying that in the game, you have to do some quests a night for example, but you can't "set" the time you want to be to do your nights quests (like the thief guild quests, the encounter with alora, or some quest from other mods).

What do you think of it ?

Thanks again for your great work !

Hi Garanda, thank you for the kind words!

I'm not sure advancing game time by a specific amount of hours is possible, what can be done for sure is advancing to a certain time of day (23 o'clock for example).

I think those are neat ideas but I will probably not implement them myself. If someone feels like making this an optional component I could imagine including it into the mod, though.

Mm, wouldn't be too hard.  Just place a servant or some other character there you can talk to, with the option to rest and/or wait until a certain time of day.  I just might do this one, but no guarantees.  I already have plenty of other stuff to do and my current game is now in Siege.

And while we're talking about suggestions, here's mine: An early cameo appearance of Yoshimo.  Word of god is that he specifically came to the Sword Coast to look for Tamoko (Unfinished Business explores this in BG2), so it would make sense for him to poke around in Baldur's Gate after Sarevok's defeat.

Edited by Angel
On 8/25/2021 at 10:49 PM, Angel said:

An early cameo appearance of Yoshimo.

Interesting. I like the idea, but I wouldn't know what content to give him without making the encounter completely boring. Or melodramatic: the PC could witness how he is being recruited by you know who.

On 8/25/2021 at 10:49 PM, Angel said:

Just place a servant or some other character there you can talk to

Just a note: EndlessBG1 introduces a servant who brings a line about the PC's chest and leaves. I would indeed prefer the actual bed having a "clickable" area where a rest could be triggered via dialogue for example. SoD introduces a trigger area above the bed which should have the same coordinates like for the AR0110 (I think).

Anyhow: it should be possible to rest inside the 3rd floor of the palace "normally" (i.e. via clicking the rest button).

On 8/23/2021 at 7:26 PM, Guest Garanda said:

The possibility to "talk" to your bed and "ask" for a rest.

I liked this idea so much this will be integrated in the upcoming v9. Thanks for the suggestion! @Angel tagging you so you are aware. Thanks for offering to write this. If you want to go further with your Yoshimo idea, let me know.

Guest Garanda

I'm so happy to hear this !
Gwendolyne asked the french community about new lines to translate in french yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that you added my suggestion !
I will update the french translation but i can't do it now.
If it's by me, it will be updated next week-end, or earlier by someone else.
Keep going with your mods, it's always a pleasure to discover new things in Baldur's Gate !

On 8/24/2021 at 2:23 AM, jastey said:

I'm not sure advancing game time by a specific amount of hours is possible, what can be done for sure is advancing to a certain time of day (23 o'clock for example).

A bit belated, but this certainly is possible. AdvanceTime(time) is a valid script action. See, for example, BANCUT01.bcs in BG1.

2 hours ago, jmerry said:

AdvanceTime(time) is a valid script action.

Oh, you are right! It is for the EEs. They even do AdvanceTime(FIVE_MINUTES) in one of the cutscenes (bdc116.d.bcs).

Still, I think knowing until what time of day the resting period will be is more helpful than having to calculate the needed hours oneself.

On 11/26/2021 at 6:52 PM, jastey said:

I liked this idea so much this will be integrated in the upcoming v9. Thanks for the suggestion! @Angel tagging you so you are aware. Thanks for offering to write this. If you want to go further with your Yoshimo idea, let me know.

I am unfortunately not a very good writer myself, but if something does happen to come to mind I will see what I can do.

While I think Transitions has a version, Have you ever considered an Endless SoA?  The start of ToB implies the passage of some time, so it'd be nice to see a broader interpretation for the time between your revival at the end of SoA and your journey to the speaking heads.

5 Sarevok's Sword
-----------------

This component adds a sword to Sarevok that he will drop upon his death.  The sword will not be usable. It is a story item only.

For BGT, the sword of Sarevok will be stolen at Labyrinth exit by someone the PC will meet again in BGII. (This is in accordance to what the Djinni tells about the sword in BGII.)

For EE games, Sarevok's sword can be handed to the Dukes. (This is in accordance to SoD where sources tell that the sword was stolen from the palace.) 

Note: If you install this component and "Put Sword of Chaos +2 in Sarevok's inventory" from BGT Tweaks, Sarevok will drop two swords.

Why not make Sarevok's Sword into Sword of Chaos +2?  i.e., That is the canon.

Make a new, restricted version of Sword of Chaos +2 that only Sarevok could wield.  The descriptions of  Sword of Chaos in BG2: "The sword itself defies identification, likely forged specifically for Sarevok, to best focus the infernal energy he hoped to control..."  So the sword is enchanted to be used only by Sarevok.

Of course, that enchantment would fade away as "... much of its power died with him," as in the descriptions.

Edited by ktchong