What does mean the expression: "A pearl to you"?

From BG2:EE

@14409  = ~Oh, excuse me. A pearl to you and a good day.~

@16044  = ~Well met, <GABBER>, and a pearl to you. Feel free to peruse my goods and ask questions, naturally.~

@22409  = ~Well met, <GABBER>, and a pearl to you. My poor business likely has little to offer you, but you are free to look around, if you wish.~

@38848  = ~Greetings, good customer. A pearl to you.~ [FEMER01]

@45151  = ~Very well. A pearl to you, <SIRMAAM>.~

@61435  = ~Greetings. A pearl to you, <LADYLORD> <GABBER>.~

@61679  = ~A pearl to you.~ [PEASF302]

What does it mean exactly? I'm unable to find any explanation with google so I need some help. 

In every context it sounds like a "welcome" or "good luck". "I wish you fortune", perhaps?

Thanks. :)

Edited by Jazira

In this context also, it seems that this is repeated as a gimmick for the character speaking, being super cordial and almost oily.
Like, the character is trying to be charming but this is too much, at least that's how I see it.

I can't put my finger on a French equivalent proper, so I would probably go with an expression that can also be repeated as a gimmick, is also cordial and upper class.

Maybe : "Que les Dieux vous gardent" ?

Something like that.

It's in-universe.

From the Lands of Intrigue boxed set, book #2 "Amn", page 6, "Adages & Aphorisms":

"I found the pearl!" or "Lost the pearl, did you?"
Euphemisms for good or bad luck, respectively.  Pearls are so strongly identified with luck in Amn that clerics of Tymora use coins and pearl (preferably black) as their goddess' symbols; Tymorian clerics elsewhere regard this practice as bordering on heresy.

In that context, "a pearl to you" is wishing someone good luck or good fortune.

That's what I thought. Wishing something good to someone else. :)

2 hours ago, Angel said:

It's in-universe.

From the Lands of Intrigue boxed set, book #2 "Amn", page 6, "Adages & Aphorisms":

In that context, "a pearl to you" is wishing someone good luck or good fortune.

Nice find. The in-universe part explain the fact I can't find anything elsewhere.

Thanks a lot.

That's so cool that it's in universe. Being the nerd I am, I've taken to saying this as "good luck" IRL. No wonder no one knew what I meant! Not only is it unique to Faerun, but Amn. Heck, even if I went to Waterdeep there's a good chance they wouldn't know what I meant!