Thieving Skills for Bards

3 hours ago, Endarire said:

Thanks.

What about letting Bards equip the Night’s Gift and Shadow Armor?

Both of those armors disable spellcasting, and Night's Gift should already allow bards to wear it. I don't think it would be appropriate or beneficial to change the settings on either of those armors.

Edited by morpheus562
4 minutes ago, morpheus562 said:

Both of those armors disable spellcasting, and Night's Gift should already allow bards to wear it. I don't think it would be appropriate or beneficial to change the settings on either of those armors.

Still they are thief armors... meaning that if a thief wanted to use them, they would. Also you might recognice the fact that people can use other mods to remove the disabling spell casting effect, while it likely won't effect usability as those armors, as they are already available for thief/mages etc. Also they might come with spell failure effect which offsets the restrictions... but they won't touch the usability as it's in a complete different offset point, and there was previously no point in toggeling it.

I have gone ahead and allowed Bards to use Shadow Armor. Are there any other items/potions that people will want to see Bards be able to use now?

I have also corrected a bug for those who are installing on BG2EE (non-EET) since Narlen doesn't exist in that game. This will be corrected once v1.2 gets published.

I'm at work now and can't tell for certain, but based on the descriptions of items from the BGII Unofficial Item Pack, Nimblefinger Gloves and Stalker Gauntlets may need a Bard usability flag from Thieving Skills for Bards.  There are likely other mod-added items not so clearly announced on web pages that would benefit from a Bard usability flag.

How does this mod interact with Warlocks who are a kit of the Bard class?

Thankee!

Edited by Endarire
31 minutes ago, Endarire said:

I'm at work now and can't tell for certain, but based on the descriptions of items from the BGII Unofficial Item Pack, Nimblefinger Gloves and Stalker Gauntlets may need a Bard usability flag from Thieving Skills for Bards.  There are likely other mod-added items not so clearly announced on web pages that would benefit from a Bard usability flag.

How does this mod interact with Warlocks who are a kit of the Bard class?

Thankee!

Nimblefinger Gloves are already usable by Bards; however, it is race restricted to only shorty races. Stalker Gauntlets increase hide and backstab which are not skills Bards have. My mod only adds Pick Locks and Find/Detect Traps to the existing Pick Pockets ability. Do you have specifics for other items that would be Bard appropriate that need to be added?

Warlocks should work since this mod alters ALL Bard kits.

Edited by morpheus562
On 12/7/2021 at 11:34 PM, Jarno Mikkola said:

I would argue against these bits. Erhm, could a mod be made to tackle also those classes ? As Rangers have hide, and Shamans have detect illusion, and Monks could do somethings.

Yes, this is off topic, unless you want to take a holistic approach and bring in more classess.

If I understand you correctly, @Jarno Mikkola, yes, other classes can get a similar treatment as this mod (some even without EEex). With eeex, you could give just about any skill and skill functionality to any kit or class. Like, you could give monks the remove trap button, for example or (IDK) you could create a custom cleric of Mask with move silently and pick lock, or give the Kensai detect trap or whatever.

Previous versions of eeex (with pre 2.6 versions of the game) even allowed the creation of custom skills. I don't know how far Bubb is in reimplementing all earlier eeex functionality but it may be possible to basically still do this now (actually, I should look into this.) My memory of the details is fuzzy, but I believe the new opcodes, the ability to display new and old stats on the char sheet, and the ability to extend stats.ids are key. Edit: also, the ability to extend all of the skill based 2das.

Edited by Grammarsalad
1 hour ago, Grammarsalad said:

. Like, you could give monks the remove trap button,

There's no "Remove traps"" button, like shown earlier, it's called "Thieving", and without EEex it's just pickpocketing for any other class than a Thief. With it, now Bard belongs to a class that allows them to also disable traps, and open locks. I don't know either of not, any other class- that has access to the button(via a kit spell effect) -is able to do the same when targeting a object, probably... because this is not the case without the EEex.

1 hour ago, Grammarsalad said:

earlier eeex

Erhm, it's not eEex, or eeex, sex, or tOBeX, it's "EEex", or Enhanced Edition (ex)tender. Just like the ToBEx was Throne of Bhall (Ex)tender, although, that wasn't consistent either. Looking at you TobEx. Yes, there's a difference, it's the yelling part. 😋

3 minutes ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

There's no "Remove traps"" button, like shown earlier, it's called "Thieving", and without EEex it's just pickpocketing for any other class than a Thief. With it, now Bard belongs to a class that allows them to also disable traps, and open locks. I don't know either of not, any other class- that has access to the button(via a kit spell effect) -is able to do the same when targeting a object, probably... because this is not the case without the EEex.

Erm, it's not just pickpocketing for any other class than a thief. That's just a bard thing. The bard is hardcoded to only use it for pickpocketing but when you add the button on any other class, it functions the same as the thief (yes yes, pick locks or pockets).

Lol, so I take it this isn't really something you are interested in. Lol, I have no idea what you meant earlier, but that's ok.