Baldur's Gate Install Order List Repository

2 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

@morpheus562 I was just looking at your EET install order. I have an old version of Bubb' Revert Pathfinding not working with 2.6.6. It seems you use a more recent version. Do you have a link ? Did you see any benefit using it ?

By the way, why putting SoD2BG2 IU so early in your install order ? (and not in the item section for example) ?

I don't use SoD2BG2 in my list. I'm guessing you are seeing DRAGONSPEAR_UI++ which is a UI mod and needs to be installed at the beginning.

For your pathfinding question, at the bottom of the thread in the attached link will have the updated version. It does appear to help prevent some of the issues that cropped up in v2.5.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/72639/comments-on-new-v2-5-pathfinding-it-is-bad-news/p2

2 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

It's from a post and yeah, I need to sit down and review what changed. Will be a bit busy, because turned out my camping starts on Wednesday and I wanted to do some other stuff beforehand, but I'll see what can I do.

Just for information : In one of your last Install order (probably after the one from the repository), i noticed

1/ That the following mods are installed before CtB/Ascension :

SoD to Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition Item Upgrade (i can't find out why so early ?)
sod2bg2_iu:0;Sod2BG2:EE Item Upgrade - SoD to BG2:EE Item upgrade by Daeros_Trollkiller
sod2bg2_iu:7;Sod2BG2:EE Item Upgrade - All importable items with randomized Voidhammer +3/Voidsword +3

Iwidification (i remenber one post where the arcane and divine spells from IWdification should be installed before CtB)
iwdification:30;IWDification - IWD Arcane Spell Pack
iwdification:40;IWDification - IWD Divine Spell Pack
iwdification:80;IWDification - Additional Portrait Icons
iwdification:10;IWDification - Icewind Dale Casting Graphics (Andyr)
iwdification:130;IWDification - Use IWD Damage Animations

ToLM-BG2EE (This one should be installed after "Dispel Magic Fix" from Spell Revision as stated in TotLM readme ; that is why i usually put TotLM in the spell section after SR and Iwdification)
A7-TotLM-BG2EE:0;Trials of the Luremaster for Baldur's Gate - Trials of the Luremaster for Baldur's Gate
A7-TotLM-BG2EE:31;Trials of the Luremaster for Baldur's Gate - Reduce by 50 percent

2/ One more question : why "encapsulating LeUI between two components of EEex ?

I am thinking to move EEex far away in my install order prbably before Skill&Abilities (as done by @morpheus562)

Edited by Mordekaie
On 7/17/2022 at 12:22 PM, morpheus562 said:

Those are internal to me and not something publicly available. 

I’ve been meaning to ask you about these House Rules as well. Totally respect your reserving some tweaks for your own personal use, but out of curiosity, can you elaborate on what they are? @Graion Dilach Same question to you, after also stalking through your Weidu logs! (And if this is too nosy, just say so.)

Most of my internal stuff are basically two Ranger/Cleric multikits generated dynamically (one as an Archer/Cleric of Tempus, another as a Stalker/Cleric of Tempus with grandmastery clubs for IWD) from the available classes and a bunch of hacks/fixes on top of the vanilla versions of mods. Excluding the balancewise broken kits, everything I'm doing is basically internal hacks to familiarize myself with the code/mod and/or betatesting before I try to get everything up for official code inclusion (although incase of Aurora's Shoes and Boots, I am definitely not updating that mod before Infinity Animations, because the IA5 setup drags it down a LOT and I am not that happy with some setups of Aurora, although I'm pretty sure some of my proposals will be hot for discussion).

SoD2BG2IU does a LOT of creature item replacements (not additions). I haven't really checked what other itempacks it overlaps with, but because most of the other ones add and not replace, I'm placing this above the others to ensure less chance of losing something important.

Yes, IWDification should come before CtB and SoS, although the newest/next version should cover the problem somewhat.

EEEx's first component is the engine patching, the other ones are UI tweaks. UI tweaks should come after UI revamps. Simple as that.

Edited by Graion Dilach
31 minutes ago, whodisseus said:

I’ve been meaning to ask you about these House Rules as well. Totally respect your reserving some tweaks for your own personal use, but out of curiosity, can you elaborate on what they are? @Graion Dilach Same question to you, after also stalking through your Weidu logs! (And if this is too nosy, just say so.)

~HOUSERULES\SETUP-HOUSERULES.TP2~ #0 #3 // Give Sarevok a Proper Deathbringer Kit: v1.0

~HOUSERULES\SETUP-HOUSERULES.TP2~ #0 #14 // Allow Kensai to Use Bracers: v1.0

To get the same effects (more or less) you can use the following mods :

• The component "1060 - Kensai Can Wear Bracers" from Item Revisions.
  • The component "2800 - Give Sarevok a Proper Deathbringer Kit" fromNPC Kitpack.

NB: How can i just copy "normal hyperlink (looking like like Item Revisions) without getting those "window" links below.

Edited by Mordekaie

If you just drop a link into a post, it'll fancify it--in this case, note that a black bar appears at the bottom with "Your link has been automatically embedded.  Display as a link instead"   to make it a text link. If you instead highlight some text and use the link button, you'll get inline links.

52 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

If you just drop a link into a post, it'll fancify it--in this case, note that a black bar appears at the bottom with "Your link has been automatically embedded.  Display as a link instead"   to make it a text link. If you instead highlight some text and use the link button, you'll get inline links.

It works !!!

To go a litlle further, i usually "edite" an hyperlinks to modify the "visible" text. Is there a way to also do the same within G3 forum ? (I also found the Link button!)

I also notice that when i past an hyperlink with a modified text like Spell Revisions i just end up with the hyperlink text (but not the link behind the text). 

Edited by Mordekaie
2 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

EEEx's first component is the engine patching, the other ones are UI tweaks. UI tweaks should come after UI revamps. Simple as that.

So i could keep the beginning of the install  order as shown below :

Enhanced Edition Trilogy (EET) v13.4 *

• 1: EET Core (resource importation)

EEex v0.9.7 *

• 0 – EEex                    - Before GUI like LEUI.

lefreut’s enhanced UI (BG2EE Skin) v4.4.6 * (on an onother GUI like Dragonspear UI++)

• 0 - Core component
  • 1 - BG2 vanilla bams for spells                
  • 2 - BG2 vanilla fonts for descriptions

The UI Tweaks :

EEex v0.9.7 *

• 1 - Enable effect menu module - (LShift-on-hover to view spells affecting creature)
  • 2 - Enable timer module - (visual indicators for modal actions, contingency spells, and spell/item cooldowns)        

EEUITweaks User Interface Mods Collection v3.9 *

Bubb's Spell Menu Extended (EEex) v4.5 *

• 0 - Bubb's Spell Menu Extended

Bubb's Revert Pathfinding Tweak  (EEex) v1.1

• 0 - Bubb's v2.5.16.6+ Pathfinding Revert

Nb : i guess those UI Tweaks can go anywhere in the install order ? (or is it better to keep them here ?)

Edited by Mordekaie
22 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

those UI Tweaks can go anywhere in the install order ?

Generally speaking (and not touching the question of how UI tweaks should be ordered among themselves - see Graion's post above) UI tweaks should go early in the install order. Reason being: a number of pure UI tweaks of necessity overwrite files. Some use more selective patching. But there are some other mods that involve UI tweaks that come later, which are bound to their place in the install order because they are more than just UI mods. If you install some of these pure UI changes after those mixed 'UI + other changes' mods, it could undo some of the changes of those 'UI + other changes' mods.

I hope that was clear?

2 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

I hope that was clear?

It was clear! :) I am also getting a little bit more comfortable with modding Baldur's Gate.  I am also going forward with my EET guide,  in which i keep track of all those discussions.

Should i also consider Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options as a "pure UITweaks" or it belongs to an other group of mods ? From the readme, one component has to be installed after Tweak Anthology. All the other components could be intalled earlier.

Reveal Hidden Gameplay Options v3.0 (Optional)

(0) Not compatible with "1010 - Hidden Game Options" from EEUITweaks UI => Choose one.

(1) "38 - Add in-game options for Tweak Anthology's "Create Interval Saves"" :

• After Tweaks Anthology component "Create interval saves"

(2) 31. Add in-game option "Force Dialog Pause":

• This option forces the game to pause while conversations are active.
  • This option makes TA mod component "Force All Dialogue to Pause" redundant.

=> Prefered over TA version because you can enable or enable it at your convenance.

4 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

The pathfinding tweak is an engine hack and it directly changes the executable, which is why I have it above EEEx.

I really thought that Bubb's Revert Pathfinding needed EEex but there is no indication of such dependency.

So, considering this is an engine hack (which is different from an engine patch like EEex), Pathfinding goes before EEex. Would you then extend this to install manually Bubb's Pathfinding mod on vanilla BG2EE prio to even install EET core.

Edited by Mordekaie