Baldur's Gate Install Order List Repository

@Graion Dilach @morpheus562I have been checking your EET Weidu log repositories  about Alternatives and Quest Pack installl order.

Both of your Weidu log install Alternatives before Quest Pack by SimDing0 (especcialy component "5: Additional Shadow Thieves Content";  which is, in my opinion, the only component from this mod that could "interfere" with Alternatives ?).

There is probably a reason for this specific order, beside the fact that the Readme from Alternatives strongly recommands the opposite : "...if both mods are used (recommended), Quest Pack should be installed first." (but readme recommandations become outdated sometimes).

What would be your recommandation about the install order ?

Edited by Mordekaie
On 10/21/2022 at 9:31 PM, ahungry said:

@MordekaieI did a reinstall and now recall (with a note to self) why bg1npc is pre-eet.

Garrick Tales of a Troubador requires bg1npc to be installed first, however garrick-tt will ONLY work pre-eet itself.

Luckily bg1npc seems to work just fine whether it's done pre-eet or post-eet.

https://mirandir.baldursgateworld.fr/garrick-tt/

Instead, get the Native EET patch for GTotT v1.26 by @K4thos and install the patched Garrick: Tales of a Troubadour mod after EET_core along with other expansions for NPCs.

Well, it didn't quite work out as well as I had hoped.

I moved bg1npc and garrick-tt post EET, along with bg1ub which I had a note that it needed installation after bg1npc for some xmod - however bg1ub does not install post-eet.

I don't really see any benefit of moving any of my original pre-eet items into post-eet, since any new installation tends to be a wipe + full reinstall, as uninstall isn't 100% reliable in deterministic backtracking.

Edited by ahungry
3 hours ago, ahungry said:

I moved bg1npc and garrick-tt post EET, along with bg1ub which I had a note that it needed installation after bg1npc for some xmod - however bg1ub does not install post-eet.

Do you remind where did you get this  recommandation to install bg1ub after bg1npc and for what reasons ?

Maybe you refer to https://www.gibberlings3.net/forums/topic/27859-bg1-unfinished-business-and-bg1npc-project/. Most (or maybe all) of the bg1ub components  listed in that thread are skipped during installation (because already included within EE games). In my opinion, there is no more reason to install bg1UB after bg1npc project.

It was also recommanded to install bg1UB after bg1npc project because If you install BG1UB after BG1NPC, it will detect BG1NPC and skip the components that conflict (the opposite is not true due to the way bg1npc project is coded). For the same reason as above, it is not needed anymore.

It was just my opinion. For confirmation you can ask to Jastey who maintains both mods.

Edited by Mordekaie

The BG1UB-BG1NPC order can be in any order and both should work AFAIK. Although I'd put BG1NPC as the later one.

Regarding the Quest Pack vs Alternatives issue, I'll doublecheck. I honestly don't remember why I did this the way I did but I am pretty sure I went through that at one point.

On 10/24/2022 at 6:20 AM, ahungry said:

I don't really see any benefit of moving any of my original pre-eet items into post-eet, since any new installation tends to be a wipe + full reinstall, as uninstall isn't 100% reliable in deterministic backtracking.

If the mod has native EET compatibility, then one has better control over it's install order selection. Post-EET mods can't have exact checks against pre-EET mods (unless they check against assets or write a custom function to also parse weidu-bgee.log). This is an issue with Sirene-BG1's crossmod content being unable to be installed, for example.

Just now, heeb said:
  1. I want to try a variation of https://raw.githubusercontent.com/morpheus562/Baldurs-Gate-Install-Order-List-Repository/main/user-submitted-weidu-logs/totor/WeiDU-BGT-2023-10-20.log, but can't find respective mods for components tooltipfix and gui_720

@TotoR would you be able to provide assistance to @heeb where these components are located?