Skills and Abilities Mod

1 hour ago, mickabouille said:

> Tireless (4 slots): The character does not become fatigued to include after using rage or frenzy.

Does this have any use for non-barbarian, non-berserker characters, except giving access to the 5 slots version ? Most of the time the ranks give some bonus by themselves, that doesn't seem to be the case there.

Courteous magocracy seems a bit tame. I thought about giving a bonus to spell learning, that would work , but would not be useful for sorcerers

EDIT: well, 10 points lore is actually not that tame.

Tireless is something I'm debating regarding usefulness, but it would allow a character to continue without rest while others would become fatigued. It would also allow the character to become hasted an infinite number of times without fatigue. How useful is that in the grand scheme of things? Honestly not sure. My biggest concern is actually how would this have downstream impacts to other mods that check character fatigue and track off it.

Courteous Magocracy was my way of taming down 1 pip in spellcraft too allow all characters to invest 1 pip in it. I went this approach so dual classes can continue to invest pips into spellcraft even after they regain their inactive class. Prior to the change, it would prevent a fighter/thief->mage from continuing to invest in spellcraft once they got their original class back.

Just now, Endarire said:

I like the idea of conditioning.

Blessong of the Faithful just seemed boring and out of place for a 5 point investment for divine casters.  Quicken Spell is more appropriate.

They do get divine channeling at 3 pips which decreases spellcasting time by 1.

Quite a few interesting and new features in this mod which I found only today. But is there a specific reason thieves are excluded from using (light) crossbows:

MISSILE WEAPONS: This weapon class allows the character to use Slings, Darts, and Crossbows. Mages, Druids, and Thieves can choose this proficiency but are restricted to Slings and Darts. Clerics can choose this proficiency but are restricted to Slings alone.

or is it just a typo as they are able to use it even in old, original BG:TOS from where are most of these WP modeled?

1 minute ago, Greenhorn said:

Quite a few interesting and new features in this mod which I found only today. But is there a specific reason thieves are excluded from using (light) crossbows:

or is it just a typo as they are able to use it even in old, original BG:TOS from where are most of these WP modeled?

Very good catch, I didn't alter of the individual weapon useability, so light crossbows should still work with thieves. I'll update the description accordingly.

Some NPC mods also need to check for fatigue=0. This is EE-only, right? If you’re doing it as a repeating effect, use opcode 326 to check for fatigue > 1, to cast a spell that sets fatigue to 1. AFAIK this would have the same effect (you will never be fatigued) while allowing other mods to still detect resting.

Official pre-release for version 0.5-Alpha which brings the following enhancements:

• Added Conditioning proficiency.
  • Modified Epic Damage Reduction, Elemental Resistance, and Magic Damage Resistance HLAs.
  • Added Epic Prowess, Armor Skin, Epic Weapon Focus, Epic Weapon Specialization, Great Charisma, Great Constitution, Great Dexterity, Great Intelligence, Great Strength, and Great Wisdom HLAs.
Edited by morpheus562
6 hours ago, Mordekaie said:

Bravo ! I really appreciate. It is going to be part of my must have mods for my next EET install. Any recommandation about install order ?

I am thinking to put it right at the end after SCS/aTwkeaks/npc_ee/dual to kits ?

I would install this mod AFTER SCS and aTweaks but BEFORE NPC_EE. I am not familiar with Dual to Kits, and there may be compatibility issues since it does some work with proficiencies. Looking at Dual to Kits, that should be installed after NPC_EE.

Just to report and check if i my assumptions are relevant.

I have been testing your mods and i had an "esthetic annoying issue" with the "Enable timer module" component of EEex. Playing a Paladin was making the timer to be permanent ? I guess there are some contingency interval routines on the background related to the paladin abilities ?

We end up with a most probably permanent green vertical bar next to the NPC portrait going up and down in cycles of around 10s.

In my case the temporary solution should be to remove this component.

Annoying.PNG

@MordekaieSkills and Abilities applies many different, recurring checks for the new proficiencies and class updates. These occur every round, and there is really no way around it to make the implementation work. I see same thing on my playthrough and know exactly what you're talking about. If it's something that bothers you, then I would recommend un-enabling that EEex component. I personally keep it up, but that just comes down to personal preference.

Edited by morpheus562