Brandock the Mage NPC Mod (Kerzenburgforum)

Hmm. The only ones I know are Breagar, Brandock, Grey, Brage. Brage and Brandock leave early in SoD and are not finished in BGII. Grey has no kickout dialogue. All of them also consider BGT, and whether the player started a new game or is playing a continuous one etc. which complicates the scripts.

I'd say scan the mods, make an NPC for BG1, add SoD content, add BGII content, use the same scriptname / death variable for all and ask about how to move them to the SoD and BGII areas if you need help with that.

There is an issue with Garrick times of Troubadour. Garrick learns a drunkard's dirty song which causes party members to go drunk  while receiving CON bonus +1. Between each pop up in dialogue window 'Garrick: Singing Bard Song' there will one or two dialogue pop ups from Barndock complaining he's getting too drunk. The cause of it seems to be the need for gtt#s1a.spl spell to remove its effects and reapply them again after few seconds.

Reference files:

gtt#s1a.spl

gtt#s1b.spl

Brandock updates to v1.5!

Changelog:

- Compatibility fix with cave of "Black Hearts" added.
- Brandock's comment about the ongoings in Candlekeep Catakombs should not interrupt his Halfogre quesz´t encounter.
- Brandock's comment on Ice Island should not skip a line.
- Streamlines the install order in the .ini. Added METADATA ~AFTER install order syntax to tp2. Updated info in readme regarding install order with other mods.
- (BGT) Corrected MOS for c#br02.are.
- Crossmod with Valerie removed.

I have three suggestion regarding Brandock and his spellbook farming from other dead npcs:

-Brandock does not farm spellbook from Vay-ya in Low Lantern

-Brandock comments on Yago spellbook but does not mention Yago's book of curses before starting Birabella's quest

-this one is more of request which can be disregarded - % chance for brandock to learn a spell when he plagiarizes others' spellbooks

3 hours ago, zelazko said:

-Brandock comments on Yago spellbook but does not mention Yago's book of curses before starting Birabella's quest

Brandock reacts to "BOOK70", that is Yago's book of curses. (@1501 = ~Could I have a look at that book? Oh... oh, yes. This is... nothing I will make use of myself, thank you very much.~ [c#ablank]).

-Brandock does not farm spellbook from Vay-ya in Low Lantern

Indeed. Thanks for hint.

-this one is more of request which can be disregarded - % chance for brandock to learn a spell when he plagiarizes others' spellbooks

I see where this is coming from (it would make much more sense if Brandock would learn more spells from other mages' spellbooks), but implementing this would be a nightmare. - The Lore increase was the compromise I came up with so I wouldn't have to deal with this.