[Bug report] EE content bugs

jmerry

This thread is for bugs specifically related to content added by the EEs in BGEE and BG2EE that could plausibly be handled in this fixpack. I don't have SoD, so I won't be saying anything about that - and it probably deserves its own thread anyway.

Anyway, here are some I've noticed:

- BGEE/Black Pits: Characters exported from BP1 and imported to the main campaign retain the BPPLOT override script, which has unfortunate effects if the character ever drops to 1 HP.

- BGEE/Black Pits: Tier 2 and tier 3 jewelry shops BPXITH02 and BPXITH03 both have instances of the Sandthief's Ring (RING05). In the tier 2 shop, that's fully charged (8 charges). In the tier 3 shop, no charge number is specified and it defaults to one charge.

- BGEE/Black Pits: Tier 3 tailor shop BPELAN03 contains an Improved Cloak of Protection +2 (CLCK31). This cloak is not on the item exclusion list, so it can be worn with other protection items or enchanted armor.

- BGEE/Black Pits: The final normal foe Hogarl (BPGIAFIR) starts with potions of extra healing and fire breath. If he's hurt and has a potion of extra healing, he's scripted to use a potion of fire breath.

- BG2EE/Dorn: At one point in his quest, you can raise a "dead" druid Vernus to use as a sacrifice. This is done with a variable-setting effect on resurrection spells. The patch 2.6 update to resurrection spells broke this mechanism, moving the payload (including that effect) to a subspell and preventing that subspell from being cast on living targets such as Vernus.

- BG2EE/Hexxat: In her second tombwalk dungeon OH7200, there is a hidden chest. If you jump through the hoops to activate that chest, the block in the area script that activates it then plays repeatedly for as long as the area remains active. This effectively adds an overly loud ambient sound to the area, and prevents anything mods add to the end of the area script from running.

- BG2EE/Rasaad: At the end of his SoA quest, some dialogue choices cause him to leave. The action block contains both LeaveParty() and GivePartyAllEquipment() actions, causing it to duplicate any critical items Rasaad was carrying. 

IIRC, I had to add flame shortsword bams from BG2EE to BG1EE as they are missing and while it's not something you will see without mods, I suppose that's also something worth fixing for the sake of mods.

Another thing was a missing monk (the hooded one, like tutors in Candlekeep) paperdoll (for the inventory screen). Again, it's not crucial but it's in there and can be fixed for a sake of mods.

Oh, I already fix that in Shades of the Sword Coast, so those files can be just copied from there, but I think these fixes can be actually included on both mods, it's not going to break anything and the worst thing that can happen is that files will be copied twice and override eachother, but since they are exactly the same, it won't cause trouble.

(I hope that's the thread to report such things?)

How they are not related to EE-specific content? Flaming shortsword is EE-only and the fact the animation plays fine in main hand and does not play right in off-hand is a clear bug. But if we really need to make a seperate thread for that, then maybe @CamDawg will just divide it into 2 threads. 

Yes, already noted in my first post here. I even wrote a tweak for it, moving the variable-setting effect back to the main resurrection spells. And since I raised Vernus and sacrificed him in my current run with Dorn as the protagonist, I can say with certainty that it works.

1 hour ago, jmerry said:

Yes, already noted in my first post here. I even wrote a tweak for it, moving the variable-setting effect back to the main resurrection spells. And since I raised Vernus and sacrificed him in my current run with Dorn as the protagonist, I can say with certainty that it works.

Oh jeez, I even checked the list before posting and missed that. Cheers @jmerry!

Few small ones related to creatures:

• Ankhegs are listed as a 3 HD creature, but have the stats and hit points of an 8 HD one.  This erroneously makes them vulnerable to Sleep which as an 8 HD creature they should not be.
  • Poison Mists (mistpo01) are marked as a summoned creature but used as a wandering monster from spawn points.  No spell or effect summons them.

Small one for Balthasar: His "Solar Stance!" move is supposed to give him the flaming fists effect, but this doesn't trigger because an effect file, balth01b.eff, is missing.  (NB: Both Ascension's and UB's "Restored Bhaalspawn Powers" quietly fix this one.)

Some more minor BG2EE fixes I have laying around:

• The pries14a script can hang; it checks for the Confusion spell and then does nothing
  • On Legacy of Bhaal difficulty, the BP2 golem fight is virtually impossible. Basically, when the golems die they can potentially split into lesser golems based on level checks. With LoB's level boost the level checks no longer work properly and the golems endlessly split.
  • Six creatures added in the NPC quests use plat19 but should be using plat23. These plates are identical, but plat19 is the version you get through Wish and has zero lore, so it drops from enemies identified. 
  • The special stoneskin (melstone) used by dragons and Melissan lacks the correct secondary type so it cannot be breached.

Another quick one I just spotted now: the Priest of Tempus has incorrect starting equipment in ToB. The list includes entries "POTN4,2" instead of "POTN04,2" and "HAM07" instead of "HAMM07". And I'm pretty sure that means the game gives you nothing, not even a hunk of meat. (OHTEMPUS column in 25STWEAP.2DA. Should be the last nontrivial column.)

And ... wait, I've known about this one for ages. Wilson's strength boost (ohrbear6.spl) uses the wrong timing mode (1 instead of 9), so it stacks every time he leaves and rejoins the party.

Edited by jmerry
Another bug added
On 4/3/2022 at 11:03 PM, jmerry said:

Another quick one I just spotted now: the Priest of Tempus has incorrect starting equipment in ToB. The list includes entries "POTN4,2" instead of "POTN04,2" and "HAM07" instead of "HAMM07". And I'm pretty sure that means the game gives you nothing, not even a hunk of meat. (OHTEMPUS column in 25STWEAP.2DA. Should be the last nontrivial column.)

I blame whatever jerk made the kit. What an idiot!

The Carrion Summons spell description needs an update, emphasis mine:

There are two parts to this spell. First, a small portal opens and summons 1d2 carrion crawlers to a point designated by the wizard. Second, the magic mutates the carrion crawlers into larger, more vicious versions of themselves. The wizard now has control over these creature(s) until they are slain or the spell's duration expires. There is a 35% chance that two carrion crawlers will be summoned instead of one.

I'd change "1d2" to "one or two" or even just remove it. 1d2 indicates a 50/50 split, not the actual 65/35 split the spell uses.