[Bug report] EE content bugs

jmerry

[BG2EE] Cowled Enforcers should not turn on themselves

The combat scripts of several cowled enforcers are set up to cast hostile spells on their own members. I have identified several script blocks which probably need an update.

COWENF01.BCS:

Spoiler
IF
  Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
  See(SecondNearest([ENEMY]))
  !StateCheck(LastSeenBy(Myself),STATE_STUNNED)
  HaveSpell(WIZARD_POWER_WORD_STUN)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_POWER_WORD_STUN)
END

IF
  See(SecondNearest([ENEMY]))
  HaveSpell(WIZARD_GREATER_MALISON)
  HaveSpell(WIZARD_CHAOS)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    DisplayString(Myself,31024)  // Magic Tattoo—Mirror Image
    Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_GREATER_MALISON)
    Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_CHAOS)
    ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_MIRROR_IMAGE)
END

COWENF02.BCS:

Spoiler
IF
  Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
  See([0.0.0.MAGE])
  HaveSpell(WIZARD_POWER_WORD_SILENCE)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_POWER_WORD_SILENCE)
END

IF
  Allegiance(Myself,ENEMY)
  See([ENEMY])
  HaveSpell(WIZARD_GREATER_MALISON)
  HaveSpell(WIZARD_CHAOS)
THEN
  RESPONSE #100
    DisplayString(Myself,31024)  // Magic Tattoo—Mirror Image
    ApplySpell(Myself,WIZARD_MIRROR_IMAGE)
    Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_GREATER_MALISON)
    Spell(LastSeenBy(Myself),WIZARD_CHAOS)
END

Edited by argent77
On 1/15/2024 at 12:16 PM, Morgoth said:

Already in.

// tbd, cam (from jmerry)
// npcs spawning/moving on impassable terrain (see also baerie.dlg, aeriej.dlg, ar1000.are)
COPY_EXISTING ~ar0800.are~ ~override~ // Graveyard District, Stein
  LPF ALTER_AREA_ACTOR INT_VAR y_coord=1071 STR_VAR actor_name=Stein END
  BUT_ONLY

On 2/7/2024 at 12:09 AM, jmerry said:

Already in.

// tbd, cam (from jmerry)
// npcs spawning/moving on impassable terrain (see also baerie.dlg, aeriej.dlg, ar1000.are)
COPY_EXISTING ~ar0800.are~ ~override~ // Graveyard District, Stein
  LPF ALTER_AREA_ACTOR INT_VAR y_coord=1071 STR_VAR actor_name=Stein END
  BUT_ONLY

Thanks.

1) In game, several characters (e.g., Cowled Enforcers, Conster, Mekrath, Rayic Gethras, Terminsel... etc.) are wearing special rings which cover them with a semi-permanent Stoneskin effect. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Infinity Engine, this Stoneskin effect could not be removed by the Breach spell. Would allowing the Breach spell to properly take down any Stoneskin effects which are applied by such items be a good idea? Same treatment should be appleid to Gargoyle Boots to allow enemy mages to take down its Stoneskin effect with the Breach spell.

2) Also shouldn't warrior innates be casted "instantly" and not being able to be interrupted, considering they are not spells?

3) What about the casting delay for innate druidic shapeshifting abilities? You can get the "Spell Disrupted" message while attempting to shapeshift as a Druid. Also Wild Magic and Dead Magic zones should probably not interfere with druidic shapeshifting abilities. Nor the natural weapons (claws) of the shapechange forms should be removed by Dispel Magic and Dead Magic Zones.

Edited by Morgoth
2 hours ago, Morgoth said:

1) In game, several characters (e.g., Cowled Enforcers, Conster, Mekrath, Rayic Gethras, Terminsel... etc.) are wearing special rings which cover them with a semi-permanent Stoneskin effect. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Infinity Engine, this Stoneskin effect could not be removed by the Breach spell. Would allowing the Breach spell to properly take down any Stoneskin effects which are applied by such items be a good idea? Same treatment should be appleid to Gargoyle Boots to allow enemy mages to take down its Stoneskin effect with the Breach spell.

Pretty sure that aTweaks has a component that enables for this to happen, so I can attest that this does work. If I remember correctly, what needs to be done is patch those items to cast a copy of the Stoneskin spell without the visual effects and spell name upon cast.

As for 2), it's also implemented in a aTweaks component as well, same as the first one. They are the files 200-whatever and 201-whatever under atweaks/lib. Unsure how reusing that code for the fixpack would work, but in any case you can install those components on your game to temporarily fix this.

3) I could see about coding a solution, I think it might be pretty easy, just copy the appropriate Druid shapeshift spells and patch in the unnaffected by surges/dead magic zones spell flags.

Thanks CrevsDaak. I wonder if these are tweaks or bugs, though.

Tweaks and Tricks has the following component:

Multiple items in BG2 boast to grant the wielder "immunity to all poisons". Unfortunately, none really do. What they do provide is immunity to poison effect - so you can't get poisoned. But certain spells such as Cloudkill apply poison damage directly, and immunity is bypassed. 

It patches the following items accordingly: 

Ring of Gaxx
Periart of Proof against Poison
Protection from Poison scrolls

Should such tweaks be considered for fixpack?

Edited by Morgoth

Poison damage from any source, whether instant or ongoing, is zeroed out by 100% resistance. On top of that, most effects that deal poison damage have a clause (opcode 324) that grants full immunity to all of their effects when the target is 100% resistant. Cloudkill is one of those; if you're immune to poison, you don't take damage and you aren't subject to the Slay effects. A level 4 mage under the influence of a Protection From Poison scroll can stand in a Cloudkill and cast spells safely.

On 2/12/2024 at 9:11 AM, Morgoth said:

The Gargoyle Boots' ability has types TRANSMUTER and COMBATPROTECTIONS. Breach absolutely will take it down.

The STONSKIN item used by characters such as Rayic Gethras doesn't simply apply skins; it casts OHWI408. Which is a clone of Stoneskin, so Breach will take it down.

No action needed.

Nice to know. It would be cool if that component from Atweaks could be disabled from installing, provided it is not needed (I think that is probably for EE, not for the original BG)

Two more questions:

1) Should spider form ignore web ?

2) Andrea colombo miscellaneous tweak has the following component: 

DRAGON BREATH FIX

The implementation of dragons' breath weapons in BG2 is highly incosistent, as some are set as magical attacks and others aren't, and most qualify as spells of the "generalist" school, which means generalist mages and sorcers (and wild mages if you're using ToBEx AfterLife) get an unduly +2 bonus to saving throws against them. Blue dragons are a whole different chapter, as their breath weapon is a repurposed Chain Lightning spell so pretty much everything about it is wrong.

This component addresses all of these problems by assigning school: NONE and removing the "magical attack" flag from all breath weapons. It also fixes the casting sound and animation on the blue dragon's breath weapon.

The component will be pulled if/when this fix makes it into the BG2 Fixpack.

should it be added? 

Edited by Morgoth

Hello,

I hope this is not already reported.

Moon Dog Sight (SPIN696.SPL bg2ee @103003), from Cerebus (MOONDOG.CRE), from Moon Dog Figurine (MISC7T.ITM)

This ability states that it detects traps but it doesn't.

There, that's all for me. Thanks. :D

On 2/19/2024 at 6:12 AM, Morgoth said:

1) Should spider form ignore web ?

Both druids' sword spider form and mages' giant spider form have immunity to the "webtrav" projectile. They're already immune to Web - at least, all web traps and all variants of the Web spell. The single-target "Web Tangle" ability used by SoD's Gargantuan Spider uses the "WEB1P" projectile, which spiders (both shapeshift forms and real spiders) are not currently immune to. That might be worth a change.

Edited by jmerry
15 hours ago, jmerry said:

Both druids' sword spider form and mages' giant spider form have immunity to the "webtrav" projectile. They're already immune to Web - at least, all web traps and all variants of the Web spell. The single-target "Web Tangle" ability used by SoD's Gargantuan Spider uses the "WEB1P" projectile, which spiders (both shapeshift forms and real spiders) are not currently immune to. That might be worth a change.

Thanks. For the dragon breath, do you think it warrants fixing?

Another request: may sound stupid but I think it's cool.

When you do the riddles where you're supposed to put your hand inside the masks in Spellhold, once you've solved the riddle, you are put top, rather than in front of the mask you've chosen. Would it be possible to change this?