EET playthrough with 200+ mods

16 hours ago, jastey said:

To be precise, it's probably the other way around, but yes: BG1900 is the EET syntax, so probably the converter changed the file name in the tp2 the installer is looking for, but the file still has the name ar1900.baf (Bandit Camp).

EET compatibility for BG1 mods is a bit more complicated than BGII, the EET converter is not an appropriate tool to asure EET compatibility of a mod.

It could be more successful to install the mod onto BG:SoD before the EET transformation and edit the EET/tbl/compatibility.tbl accordingly so the BG1 mod is detected as a resource.

Thank you! I did as you suggested and now it installed without issue. Let's hope he works as intended in game as well. While I was at it I did the same with another BG1 mod NPC I've been wanting to try out, Ayden. (who is also as of yet not explicitly EET-compatible)

On 10/18/2022 at 4:57 PM, Quester said:

don't suppose a natively EET compatible Bristlelick is in the cards any time soon?

I've edited the Bristlelick mod and gotten it to install properly on EET. A couple other mods too (Rose, Drake, Tenya, and The Vanishing of Skie Silvershield)

I haven't been able to get things onto my iPad for testing so I'm not 100% certain they are all working. But if you're interested you could try them out.

1 hour ago, subtledoctor said:

I've edited the Bristlelick mod and gotten it to install properly on EET. A couple other mods too (Rose, Drake, Tenya, and The Vanishing of Skie Silvershield)

I haven't been able to get things onto my iPad for testing so I'm not 100% certain they are all working. But if you're interested you could try them out.

I managed to install him onto the BG1 portion and then have the EET installation import him using jastey's recommendation above. No idea if he'll work right though.

So, I have started a new game. Updated the weidu.log in the first post.

For some reason I do not understand, Bastard Swords have become un-equipable in my game. I can only put them into quickslots. So they've been set as the wrong item type somehow.

The question I have is, can I correct this globally with NI? Or do I have to start a new game (yet again...)?

If you attach a bastard sword .itm file here, I can make a quick hotfix to change that. 

Might want to run weidu —change-log on one of them too, see what mods are doing. 

Perchance, did you install any of: 1) FnP item use changes; 2) IR/IRR; 3) CDTweaks proficiency changes or 2-handed bastard swords; and/or 4) Scales of Balance proficiency changes?

Yes, you can correct an item's type in NI and have it affect an ongoing game. Bastard swords should be of the type "large swords".

7 minutes ago, subtledoctor said:

Perchance, did you install any of: 1) FnP item use changes; 2) IR/IRR; 3) CDTweaks proficiency changes or 2-handed bastard swords; and/or 4) Scales of Balance proficiency changes?

Checking the log ... looks like #1, #3 (2H bastard swords), and #4.

2 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

@jmerry 4) there changes bastard swords to 69 aka... bastard swords, to prevent them being used in off-hand. Just FYI.

The SoB weapon styles (#124) does that... but weapons with type=69 should equip in weapon slots, not quickslots. More importantly, that bit of code only fires if the item types are unchanged, i.e. if bastard swords are type=20 ("large swords," a category shared with long swords, scimitars, two-handed swords, and possibly katanas). That shouldn't happen here, because the Faiths & Powers Item Use component gives each large sword proficiency group its own item type - in the case of bastard swords, it changes them to type=22 ("morning stars").

I just checked the CDTweaks code and I think it applies its changes based on proficiency (89), not item type. So that shouldn't be a problem. Hang on...

Okay I actually have an BG2EE install from last year with:

• Faiths & Powers Revised Cleric Weapon Use
  • Item Revisions
  • CDTweaks Two-Handed Bastard Swords
  • Scales of Balance Proficiency Overhaul and Revised Weapon Styles

...and the bastard swords there are perfectly fine. I played that game right through Throne of Bhaal, I was using Foebane at the end.

The only difference I see is that in my game, I installed the secondary IR components - including the 'Weapon Changes' component - after Faiths & Powers. Glancing at the IR code, that doesn't seem like it should change anything. But it's the only difference. So if it's not that, then it must be some other mod getting involved. EDIT - see below... short version, your install order is correct in this regard, IR weapon changes should be installed before FnP item use changes.

Need to see an .itm file and/or the change-log to have more information.

Edited by subtledoctor

Hmm ... there might be something weird going on with that "bastard sword" item type. Most of the information on which slots item types can go in is hard-coded, but there's one aspect that isn't. That part is encoded in ITEMTYPE.2da; the "slot" column of that 2da, when it's not -1, specifies a slot that's the only place that item type can go. Armor (item category 2) can only go in slot 1 (armor), for example.

In the case of type 69 "bastard swords", their ITEMTYPE.2da entry lets them only go in slot 35. The problem is ... slot 35 has two entries in SLOTS.ids. It's both SLOT_WEAPON and SLOT_WEAPON0. I have no idea what the game makes of that given the restriction involved.

Or this problem could be something very different. We're only working off a few pieces of information here.

Not sure what the link to Scales of Balance is supposed to show. Yes the mod contemplates working with the other mod, but I just looked at the actual code, which shows this:

READ_SHORT 0x1c type
	READ_SHORT 0x22 anim
	READ_BYTE 0x31 prof
	READ_BYTE 0x18 handed
	PATCH_IF ((%handed% BOR 0b11111101) = 0b11111101) BEGIN 	//	1-handed
	  PATCH_IF (%type% = 20) BEGIN 								// type = large swords
		PATCH_IF (%anim% = 12371) BEGIN 						// bastard sword appearance
		  WRITE_SHORT 0x1c 69
		END
	  END
	END

This looks like a bug! The effect of which is, bastard swords work normally, with type=22, and lots of cleric kits are erroneously able to equip bastard swords. This is why I didn't notice anything in my last game. Because...

1 hour ago, jmerry said:

In the case of type 69 "bastard swords", their ITEMTYPE.2da entry lets them only go in slot 35. The problem is ... slot 35 has two entries in SLOTS.ids. It's both SLOT_WEAPON and SLOT_WEAPON0. I have no idea what the game makes of that given the restriction involved.

I didn't notice anything wrong because in my game bastard swords were left with type=22 by FnP, which works perfectly well in weapon slots. (Also, I'm fairly confident that specifying slot 35 lets you put the item in any mainhand weapon slot, so even if they were successfully changed to type=69, I think they would work perfectly well.)

However, I just looked at @Quester's bastard sword, and it is type=0 ("Miscellaneous"). Don't think that was any of my mods.

I just looked at my most recent, somewhat failed, install and... huh. In my case bastard swords have been turned into maces. That's not good...

Anyway I'm fairly confident that whatever problems I need to go deal with, they are distinct from this particular problem. So, at least one possibility has likely been eliminated.

@Quester If you want to check the CLAB table of the cleric of Talos (b_ctal.2da) you should see a d5_U### being applied. Find that spell, and look at the opcode 181 effects. Tell me if it has a 181 effect for type 22 and/or type 69. Then we can write a little hotfix to convert bastard swords to the proper item type.

EDIT - I just looked at my own change-log, and it looks like installing IR weapons changes after FnP cleric item use is in fact messing up my bastard swords. So in fact you did it right, I did it wrong. I'll go put that in the mod's .ini file...

EDIT 2 - in the newest versions of FnP (the 0.85 betas) there is an install config option to avoid changing item types and adding those op181 effects, and instead treat cleric weapon proficiency the way the old Ashes of Embers mod did (clerics can equip any weapon, but only gain proficiency with a select few). Again, I don't think that would have helped here since this seems unrelated. But just so everyone knows, it is (or will be) an option. I might make it an explicit subcomponent instead of a config option, haven't fully decided yet...

Edited by subtledoctor