EET playthrough with 200+ mods

On 5/12/2022 at 4:53 PM, Frenzgyn said:

I noticed myself :D.

There could be possibly a problem with:

Bristlelick:0;Bristlelick BG1EE NPC - Bristlelick—the gnoll companion for BGEE

Try to install it before of other NPCs, particularly Aura (In my list it's just after Afaaq, Djinni companion) or remove it. Could you check if in your BG2 EET folder there are any files of mods that shouldn't? For odd reasons in my first attempt they got copied there from BGEE folder.

Why do you recommand to install Bristlelick before other "new" NPCs (particularly Aura) ?

Bristlelick isn't explicitly EET compatible, but if you use the EET auto converter, he'll likely work.

(To use this, put EET Converter in your BGEE or BG2EE directory.  In EET Converter, make a directory called Input.  Place your files to convert into the converter.  Run setup-EET_ModConverter, and apply the GAME_IS patcher.  Let it finish, then go to the Output directory in EET_Converter and move the files from there to your input directory, overwriting all files.  Run EET Converter again and choose the first option, converting from BGEE to EET.  Again move the Output files to the Input directory and overwrite.  Now, move the Bristlelick directory to its final destination in BG2EE or Project Infinity mod folder or somesuch and install it.)

On 10/12/2022 at 3:15 AM, jmerry said:

Scroll prices ... the elemental protection scrolls have a base price of 750 in the standard game (both BG1 and BG2). If that's still in place, 4050 means an effective store markup of 540% of base price. Standard stores in the BG1 campaign have a sell markup of 150, which means that you'd need a charisma/reputation adjustment of +260%. You can get +100% prices at rep 3, or +900% at rep 2, and charisma is either no change or a small (0-25%) price reduction. So +260% is impossible. Looks like something in your mod stack either changed the prices of those scrolls or gave that particular merchant a different store markup.

I haven't actually done any proper observations of scroll prices with other merchants. This specific one was in the Nashkel Carnival.

l'm guessing it has to do with the Low Magic component:

~LOW_MAGIC\LOW_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #402 // Increase Scroll Prices -> Increase Based on Spell Level: v0.5

However "normal" arcane spells scrolls weren't priced extremely, just these protection scrolls.

1 hour ago, Quester said:

I haven't actually done any proper observations of scroll prices with other merchants. This specific one was in the Nashkel Carnival.

l'm guessing it has to do with the Low Magic component:

~LOW_MAGIC\LOW_MAGIC.TP2~ #0 #402 // Increase Scroll Prices -> Increase Based on Spell Level: v0.5

However "normal" arcane spells scrolls weren't priced extremely, just these protection scrolls

That component sets scrolls prices to increase exponentially as the spell level goes up, so most low-level scrolls should be fairly reasonable, while 8th/9th-level spells should be quite expensive.

However, it only changes arcane spell scrolls, i.e. scrolls that contain an  op147 effect to allow spells to be learned. The green protection scrolls are untouched by the Low Magic mod, it must be something else.

On 10/13/2022 at 7:44 AM, Endarire said:

Bristlelick isn't explicitly EET compatible, but if you use the EET auto converter, he'll likely work.

(To use this, put EET Converter in your BGEE or BG2EE directory.  In EET Converter, make a directory called Input.  Place your files to convert into the converter.  Run setup-EET_ModConverter, and apply the GAME_IS patcher.  Let it finish, then go to the Output directory in EET_Converter and move the files from there to your input directory, overwriting all files.  Run EET Converter again and choose the first option, converting from BGEE to EET.  Again move the Output files to the Input directory and overwrite.  Now, move the Bristlelick directory to its final destination in BG2EE or Project Infinity mod folder or somesuch and install it.)

Well I did that whole procedure. Thanks. Let's hope he works as intended.

5 hours ago, Endarire said:

@Quester
By default, Bristlelick isn't on the legacy mods for BG1EE list for EET, meaning it requires some conversion or change to work.

I realized that. However, I have been able to install him previously along with other NPCs in my install list. Not sure if there were issues as I never got far enough to pick him up in game.

Now that I did the EET Converter process that you outlined above, Bristlelick actually failed to even install. So either I did something wrong, or there is some additional step needed.

Weirdly, Vienxay also failed to install this time, whereas earlier she would install just fine. Haven't done anything with that mod.

@LavaI don't suppose a natively EET compatible Bristlelick is in the cards any time soon? I know you're busy with other projects and all.

@Quester
Put your setup-EET_modConverter.exe and EET_modConverter directory in your BG1EE or BG2EE directory.  In EET_modConverter, make a directory called Input if it doesn't already exist.  Put the mod files to convert to EET in there.  Run setup-EET_modConverter and choose the first option since it's a BG1EE mod.  If any files are changed, go to EET_modConverter\Output and move the files from there to EET_modConverter\Input and overwrite all files.  Run setup-EET_modConverter again for the game patcher, and choose BG1EE.  Again, if any files changed, move them from Output to Input and overwrite.  Finally, put these files where you want them, like in your BG2EE directory or Project Infinity mods directory so you can install them.

Edited by Endarire

Yes, I did all of that. This is the error message I got when trying to install the changed version:

Spoiler

[G:\games\ProjectInfinity\Tools\WeiDU\249.00\weidu.exe] WeiDU version 24900
Using Language [English]
Using .\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk
Installing [Bristlelick—the gnoll companion for BGEE] [2.0]
Appending to files ...
Set Baeloth's banter file (BBAELOTH)
Appending to files ...
Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying and patching 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Copying 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Adding L#GNLKT Kit ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files column-wise ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Copying 1 file ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Copying and patching 2 files ...
Copying and patching 2 files ...
Added L#GNLKT Kit
Doing EE-type kit extensions for kit L#GNLKT
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Appending to files ...
Compiling 1 script ...
Extending game scripts ...
ERROR: error loading [bristlelick/scripts/BG1900.baf]
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [Bristlelick—the gnoll companion for BGEE], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 101 files for [Bristlelick\Bristlelick.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled    101 files for [Bristlelick\Bristlelick.tp2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "bristlelick/scripts/BG1900.baf")
Please make a backup of the file: Setup-Bristlelick.debug and look for support at: Lava Del'Vortel
Automatically Skipping [Bristlelick—the gnoll companion for BGEE] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 364765 string entries
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Bristlelick—the gnoll companion for BGEE

As you can see, it wants to load BG1900.baf for some part of the installation. The problem if I understand correctly is that EET Converter has changed that file's name to AR1900.baf, to match the EET naming conventions. So the installation can't find the file and it bugs out.

I lack the know-how to fix this, though.

5 hours ago, Quester said:

The problem if I understand correctly is that EET Converter has changed that file's name to AR1900.baf, to match the EET naming conventions.

To be precise, it's probably the other way around, but yes: BG1900 is the EET syntax, so probably the converter changed the file name in the tp2 the installer is looking for, but the file still has the name ar1900.baf (Bandit Camp).

EET compatibility for BG1 mods is a bit more complicated than BGII, the EET converter is not an appropriate tool to asure EET compatibility of a mod.

It could be more successful to install the mod onto BG:SoD before the EET transformation and edit the EET/tbl/compatibility.tbl accordingly so the BG1 mod is detected as a resource.

8 hours ago, Quester said:

I don't suppose a natively EET compatible Bristlelick is in the cards any time soon? I know you're busy with other projects and all.

I am working on something else now. It is possible it's going to happen this year, but I can't promise that.

It's exactly like @jastey said: it's more complex and it's not like everything can be done with the tool. And there's also a matter of not losing BG1EE compatibility when making the mod EET compatible.