Mod Order/Feedback request

54 minutes ago, Graion Dilach said:

If you started the game up with the new desktop EET icon, yes, that won't work and you have an InfinityLoader executable you should shortcut to.

I see the 3 files below that say "InfinityLoader," but none of them launch the game...where else could it be/what other name?

image.thumb.png.c29033fdccfc0e81d3f4ee2548542518.png

Regarding weidu.conf, I'd add it to the static backup.

You see, I have a static backup of the games here locally, which are the current Steam releases of the games + NearInfinity + mod inis and this weidu.conf preplaced (it's all in a tar actually).

Every time I reinstall, I just rename my previous folders, untar my static backup to take over the previous paths, launch Project Infinity and drop in my install order to install, with optionally deleting the previous now-renamed folder(s) in parallel. (I chose tar, because untarring is faster than a copy operation - it involves less antivirus overheads, because the source is only one file). Having a preset backup is faster to set up the config afterall.

Regarding InfinityLoader - I think your antivirus program deleted the launcher.

Ah, OK.  "Static Backup" = the unmodded backups I use a copy of for each installation.

When I started my fresh install, I saw that 0 is now "German," and 1 is English.  So, I didn't notice the change for my initial install with PI 1.0.

2 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

Well, that sucks.  Nothing in my recycle bin, and I didn't get any alerts from my antivirus.  Not sure how to repair/replace.

Thank you!!

Had to pause my install at the Item Revisions.  It installed fine yesterday (I think), but that was before I downloaded Item Revisions Revised, unzipped it and put the contents in the IR folder.

It was first crashing because the Iconv folder wasn't in the languages folder in the game drive.  It was in the unzipped version in my downloaded mods file, so I copied it.  Then it was crashing due to the absence of a file in the components folder.  Comparing the drive, there were quite a few missing files, so I just copied over the entire folder.  Seems to be working now, but I think I'll check Spell Revisions just to make sure I don't have the same vulnerability there....

7 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

Regarding weidu.conf, I'd add it to the static backup.

You see, I have a static backup of the games here locally, which are the current Steam releases of the games + NearInfinity + mod inis and this weidu.conf preplaced (it's all in a tar actually).

Every time I reinstall, I just rename my previous folders, untar my static backup to take over the previous paths, launch Project Infinity and drop in my install order to install, with optionally deleting the previous now-renamed folder(s) in parallel. (I chose tar, because untarring is faster than a copy operation - it involves less antivirus overheads, because the source is only one file). Having a preset backup is faster to set up the config afterall.

Clever!

I was able to fix Item Revisions.  But not Spell Revisions.

Spoiler

ERROR: [CA#DASTR.CRE] -> [override/CA#DASTR.CRE] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub / Bytes.sub"))
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR Installing [Spell Revisions], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 7575 files for [spell_rev\setup-spell_rev.tp2] component 0.
Uninstalled    7575 files for [spell_rev\setup-spell_rev.tp2] component 0.
ERROR: Invalid_argument("String.sub / Bytes.sub")
Please make a backup of the file: Setup-spell_rev.debug and look for support at: Bartimaeus in the SR Revised thread at forums.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Spell Revisions] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 997623 string entries
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Spell Revisions

ERROR: [ca#plan.cre] -> [override/ca#plan.cre] Patching Failed (COPY) (Invalid_argument("String.sub / Bytes.sub"))
ERROR Installing [Deva and Planetar Animations], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall  47 files for [spell_rev\setup-spell_rev.tp2] component 10.
Uninstalled     47 files for [spell_rev\setup-spell_rev.tp2] component 10.
ERROR: Invalid_argument("String.sub / Bytes.sub")
Please make a backup of the file: Setup-spell_rev.debug and look for support at: Bartimaeus in the SR Revised thread at forums.gibberlings3.net
Automatically Skipping [Deva and Planetar Animations] because of error.
Using Language [English]
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Deva and Planetar Animations

And, the mod that gave me warnings about too many Kits, Faith and Powers, crashed at the"Install Ranger Kits" component, again warning that I need ToBEx or GemRB to support more than 256 kits.  I do have a dummy file named tobex.ini in the directory, but something else must be needed.

Spoiler

Adding D5RBARB Kit ...
ERROR Installing [Install Ranger kits], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 698 files for [faiths_and_powers\Faiths_and_Powers.tp2] component 37.
Uninstalled    698 files for [faiths_and_powers\Faiths_and_Powers.tp2] component 37.
ERROR: Failure("The game requires ToBEx or GemRB to support more than 256 kits.")
Please make a backup of the file: Setup-Faiths_and_Powers.debug and look for support at: SubtleD and Grammarsalad
Automatically Skipping [Install Ranger kits] because of error.
Using Language [English]
[.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 1001640 string entries
NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Install Ranger kits

Actually, cutscenes in general might be broken; the one with Gorion doesn't work either.  He leaves me standing at the doors to the library, I see the text of his speech near the gate, and then....nothing.

So the install took about 36 hours.  Looks like I'll be deleting and starting over, but before I do, any idea what might be messing with cutscenes?

The cutscene after joining the party and fighting illusions is "cutobe."

Here's the cutobe.bcs file from a different install:

Spoiler

IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CutSceneId(Player1)
        ActionOverride("Obe",ForceSpell(Player1,DRYAD_TELEPORT))  // SPWI995.SPL (Dimension Door)
        Wait(3)
        FadeToColor([20.0],0)
        Wait(1)
        ActionOverride("Osprey",LeaveParty())
        ActionOverride("Canderous",LeaveParty())
        ActionOverride("Mordaine",LeaveParty())
        ActionOverride("Arkanis",LeaveParty())
        ActionOverride("Deeder",LeaveParty())
        ActionOverride("Osprey",DestroySelf())
        ActionOverride("Canderous",DestroySelf())
        ActionOverride("Mordaine",DestroySelf())
        ActionOverride("Arkanis",DestroySelf())
        ActionOverride("Deeder",DestroySelf())
        MoveToObject(Myself)
        LeaveAreaLUAPanic("BG2600","",[3127.2983],E)  // Candlekeep
        LeaveAreaLUA("BG2600","",[3127.2983],E)  // Candlekeep
        CreateVisualEffectObject("spdimndr",Player1)
        Wait(1)
        FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
        Wait(2)
        EndCutSceneMode()
END

And, here it is from this install, in which it hangs:

Spoiler

IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        DisplayStringHead(Myself,898331)  // Running block 1 of CUTOBE.BCS
        CutSceneId(Player1)
        ActionOverride("Obe",ForceSpell(Player1,DRYAD_TELEPORT))  // SPWI995.SPL (Dimension Door)
        WaitSync(3)
        FadeToColor([20.0],0)
        WaitSync(1)
        ActionOverride("Osprey",LeaveParty())
        ActionOverride("Canderous",LeaveParty())
        ActionOverride("Mordaine",LeaveParty())
        ActionOverride("Arkanis",LeaveParty())
        ActionOverride("Deeder",LeaveParty())
        ActionOverride("Osprey",DestroySelf())
        ActionOverride("Canderous",DestroySelf())
        ActionOverride("Mordaine",DestroySelf())
        ActionOverride("Arkanis",DestroySelf())
        ActionOverride("Deeder",DestroySelf())
        MoveToObject(Myself)
        LeaveAreaLUAPanic("BG2600","",[3127.2983],E)  // Candlekeep
        LeaveAreaLUA("BG2600","",[3127.2983],E)  // Candlekeep
        CreateVisualEffectObject("spdimndr",Player1)
        Wait(1)
        FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
        Wait(2)
        EndCutSceneMode()
END

The differences, then, are the first line in the new install (DisplayStringHead(Myself,898331)  // Running block 1 of CUTOBE.BCS), and two instances of "WaitSync" instead of "Wait".  Unless I'm missing something like an open bracket.

Now, that top line doesn't prevent the dimension door effect from appearing.  But it looks like that's all that's happening, the 'wait' never ends.  That new line, if I understand, is just making a line of text visible on the screen.  But what's it tied to?  @Jastey, I'm wondering if this is something to do with the stutterdebug tool?

Thank you!

(man, it's been decades since I had to remember how to change directories at the command prompt :) )

This is the current install:

image.thumb.png.487a95934e61282d9d011c3218bce9f4.png

And this is my prior install:
image.thumb.png.14b1c499cc5dac9f6d1b18eb1dfe4b64.png

So, it looks like it's either "Stutterdebug" or the higher framerates support.  My guess is Higher Framerates, but I don't have any knowledge to back up that opinion.  But I'm going to remove both; Stutterdebug adds a LOT of clutter to the text window, so I guess if I need it I can add and then remove it when necessary.

As for the higher framerate support, I don't suppose I actually need that.