Mod Order/Feedback request

These issues (wrong familiar in bag/not appearing out of bag, and familiars not working with EET) were fixed in Tome & Blood 2.5 years ago. (See linked post and the one immediately after it.) 

So I don’t know quite what the problem is here.  Probably some mod interaction undoes the fix for the disappearing familiar. At a guess it is unrelated to EET - the conflict there had different symptoms, and now TnB completely bypasses all of EET’s familiar changes since TnB familiars are not subject to any of the concerns that EET was addressing. (EET has you summon differently-powered familiars in each campaign, where TnB gives you the same familiar and automatically powers it up according to Charname’s level.)

EDIT - I just tested on my EET install, and familiar summoning is working there. So this has to be an interaction with one of your other mods. 

EDIT 2 - I’m super jealous that Drake and Tenya are working for you. I wonder why they don’t for me…

Edited by subtledoctor

I don't *know* that Drake or Tenya are working in this install, but I didn't have problems with them last time.  Fingers crossed.

On the other hand, there's another mod installed in EE before EET - a halfling in the Nashkel mines - who was missing.  So that doesn't bode well.

Anyhow, if there are any files you'd like me to change-log, to get data on the familiar thing, let me know.

As to sorcerers, I had just let Flara go, and I mostly rely on quicksaves, So I'm not seeing a backup with her.  But I'll go pick her or Valerie up once I've returned from Bone Hill and check that slot in the savegame.

3 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

Anyhow, if there are any files you'd like me to change-log, to get data on the familiar thing, let me know.

Try running change-log on famil1.dlg and famil3.dlg.

Also upload famil1.dlg from your override folder. This should be fixable without too much difficulty.

Day 29
Secret of Bone Hill, Part 1

The mod wasn't too hard to navigate without quests in the log (as opposed to showing up as journal entries).  But then I've played it before, not to mention the old P&P modules its based on.

The enemy randomizer does some cool stuff.  When a Kuo-Toan Wizard shows up in the abandoned Bone Hill castle, you just know there's gotta be a story there!

In BH1003, there's a container with an invisible, undroppable item.  Click on it and it will be stuck in your inventory and appears to prevent you putting anything else in your inventory.

Telvar (one of the 'big bads', in BH1003) was a pushover; it doesn't look like SCS modified him.  Can't say it was horrible to meet a mage who was a pushover for once!

BELT06 is now the Girdle of Beatification.  I think Tipun's IWD causes this.  I suspect when/if I get to Ribald's, he'll have one of these for sale.

Now resuming my regularly-scheduled Sword Coast wanderings.

XP:  19577/class (5/5/5)
Body Count:  768 (58% of total)
Gold:  8577

1 hour ago, Oloriniel said:

Famil1.dlg:
EET.TP2 0 0
Tome And Blood Choose Your own Familiar
TNT 0 0 Smarter Familiars
Klatu 0 2200 Familiar can sort magical scrolls

It sounds like one of TNT or Klatu messes with it. But... I looked at the file and I can't see a problem. If you talk to the pseudodragon, assuming it starts famil1.dlg, then regardless of your alignment, it has

GiveItemCreate("FAMPSD"

So I don't know why it is giving  you anything but a pseudodragon in your inventory...

56 minutes ago, Oloriniel said:

If I *talk* to the pseudo-dragon and ask him to get in my pack, I have a pseudo-dragon in my pack.

If my familiar flees to my pack of his own accord, if badly injured for instance, then I have a rabbit in my pack.

Ah! That’s interesting. I didn’t even know that was a thing that happens. Or maybe, probably, it’s from that TNT mod, which is why I wouldn’t know about it. So that script is using your alignment to create a backpack familiar, rather than going by which one you already have. (Defeating the purpose of letting mages of any alignment summon any familiar.)

You can manually fix the script if we could find out which script it is… but if that mod is installed after TnB, there’s nothing I can do to ensure compatibility. 

That is indeed TnT smarter familiars, but I am confused here - the coding implies to me that all familiars have their own scripting and the scripts should refer the correct familiar item (which should be matched 1:1 to the item). Unless TnB actually also use custom familiar cre names, like WTPFamiliars, because only WTP is handled there (https://github.com/BGforgeNet/bg2-tweaks-and-tricks/blob/master/tnt/lib/familiars.tpa builds a list for the familiars which is then used for familiar item filename assetion https://github.com/BGforgeNet/bg2-tweaks-and-tricks/blob/master/tnt/components/smarter_familiars/main.tpa#L129 and then compiled into scripts in https://github.com/BGforgeNet/bg2-tweaks-and-tricks/blob/master/tnt/components/smarter_familiars/g_fam.baf.tpa#L52).

This wouldn't work with EET either afterall.

Edited by Graion Dilach

Day 56
High Hedge, Red Canyons, Wilderness Lake, Ancient Ruins, Fire Leaf Forest, Dryad Falls

Cleared:  Albert and his Dog, Bassilus the Murderer, Drienne's Cat, Dryad of the Cloudpeaks, Jared and the Bear, Rescuing Dynaheir, the Gibberling Hordes, Vial of Mysterious Liquid, Stronghold and its Shadows, Beetles Dreams and an Old Man, Shandraha, Pregnant Wolf, Man and His Hatchet, Magic Barrel, Traveling Librarians, Dynaheir's Missing Journal, a Failed Picnic, of Wolves and Men, The Ogre King, Weapons and Armor for Grey.  Restored Melicamp, met Driz'zt.

New: Kobolds Dream Too, Snooping Around, Warded Dungeon under Firewine Bridge, Ordolaith and his Candle, Captain Brage's Guilt, 

Companions:
Traded Xan and Branwen for Garrick and Drake.  Traded Drake for Helga.  Released Garrick for Minsc.  Released Breagar for Littlun.  Let Sirene go to have room for Dynaheir.

Current party:
Charname, Moidre, Helga, Minsc, Dynaheir, Littleun, Brandock, Grey.

Breagar's quests never popped, but I'll want him to join me again before I attack the Iron Throne, so maybe the Silver Dwarf will appear shortly after I pick him back up.
To my knowledge, the Ogres in Bear River are Helga's only quest.  I may go ahead and swap her for Tenya, Gavin, or Dave; that is, unless I'm ready to head for the Cloakwood and to pick Jaheira back up.
I don't know if Littlun has a quest after the Gnoll Fortress, but I'm not quite ready to cut them loose.
We've got Dynaheir's journal back.  Does Winnski come gunning for her if I'm not romancing her?  If so, is it just a timer, or gated by chapter/zone?
I will pick Drake back up in Chapter 5, but I'm probably done with Garrick.

I think I'm ready to pick up Kivan and then hit the Spider Woods/Larswood/Peldvale on my way to the Bandit Camp.  Saving the coastal zones with the sirines, the basilisk plains, Ulcaster and Gullykin/Firewine for later.  To gain Kivan probably means losing Minsc, which means I also need a replacement for Dynaheir, so it's probably time to get Neera.

XP: 34,910/class (6/6/6)
Body Count: 1403 (65%)
Gold: 24,818

On 7/23/2022 at 7:43 PM, subtledoctor said:

What is - who is - Flara? What class is she? I’ll take a look at your weidu.log, it sounds like something is conflicting with TnB sorcerers. If you can look at your save file, check the character and see if they have something in their Ammo3 slot. (Notwithstanding the label, that is the 4th, invisible, ammo slot.)

Quiver4 is D5XSORC.ITM (Arcane Spell Knowledge) for Neera, who is a Chaos Sorceress in this game.

Day 76
Spider Wood, Larswood, Peldvale, Bandit Camp, Sharp Teeth Plain, Adoy's Enclave, Ormyrr's Peak, Mountain Cemetery

Cleared: Fahrington's Scroll, the Inactive Golem, Magreb and Rilsa, Disrespected Flowers, Ormyrr's Peak, Doggy Life Doggy Death, The Missing Persons of Beregost, Mutamin the Basilisk Tamer

Companions:
As planned, I swapped Helga, Minsc and Dynaheir for Gavin, Kivan and Neera.  Gavin had two quests; Keldath mentioned having already done a third, so I'm guessing it was something in content I cleared before picking him up.  And Neera's request to visit Adoy popped in a reasonable time.

Rilsa's body couldn't be interacted with; I had to set a global and add the ring to my inventory to clear the quest.

Damn, that bandit camp is something, with SCS and on hardcore difficulty!

Had Thalantyr make me a new robe and a powerful belt.  Thorengrim improved a bow.

The Ioun Stone of Darklings (L#GNOIO) can't be placed in a container.  Nor the Invisiblity Purge scroll (SCRL6K).

Still have Kivan, but I've swapped Neera and Gavin for the return of Jaheira and Khalid, and am en route to the Cloakwood!

XP: 57,913/class (7/7/7)
Body Count:  1,835 (64%)
Gold: 7,369