Mod Order/Feedback request

Wow! I’m at a similar place (finished the Bandit Camp and most of the eastern map) and I’m on day 55 with 74,000 total XP (37,000 each for two classes). 

Did you do the extra dungeon under Firewine yet? I got through the undead at the entrance, but the spiders absolutely mauled my party. I’m leaving it for a bit later. That and the FAI basement, as well. 

2 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

Damn, that bandit camp is something, with SCS and on hardcore difficulty!

See, now I went into the Bandit Camp in the dumbest way possible: go undercover, with no pre-buffs, and then Kivan blew our cover and picked a fight with Tazok. And I have to say… it was all pretty ‘meh.’ A bunch of bandit came at me, but not that many, and they were handled by some basic crowd control. It was a bit of a let-down. Are you aware of anything in particular in your install that beefed it up? 

Incidentally, if you want to try out my BP-in-BG you are at the perfect level for it. It can be installed mid-game and played through if you haven’t met Baeloth yet, or if you have met him but he did not join your party and you told him to wait outside the FAI. Just have to be aware 1) if you play through the Pits, Baeloth will be prevented from joining you afterward, and 2) the mod overwrites BAELOTH.DLG and BDBAELOT.DLG. If you want, you can upload those two files (open in NI, click ‘edit’ tab, export as weidu file) and I’ll take a look and make sure installing the mod this late won’t mess anything up. EDIT - actually you can just grab them from your override folder. If they don't exists in your override folder - if they are still inside the biffed game files - then the mod should be safe to install.

Edited by subtledoctor

At 74k xp, the FAI basement shouldn't be hard.  But I'm avoiding Firewine until I get the mace of disruption from DSotSC.  Ulcaster I'm also saving; between the greater werewolf, the wraith spiders with level drain, the vampiric wolf lords, the necromancer from Recorder....

I didn't get recruited, so I didn't get to meet/kill Tazok.  Maybe that made a difference in the numbers; that and the BGEESpawn/BGSpawn may have generated more critters to respond to the alarms.  I don't see anything specific in MIH that would affect the camp, I think Butchery is just BG2 content, and I left out "The Horde" at @Graion Dilach's recommendation, even though I've used it before and got as far as SoD in that run without trouble.

I did meet Baeloth, and did send him off to the FAI rather than allowing him to join, so it may work.  I'm a little wary of loading anything once I've started a run, but I can give this a shot.

I'm juggling a ton of NPCs and I don't think Baeloth adds any quests, just banter, so I'm not worried about losing him in BG or SoD.  But he's still present in SoD, just no longer joinable?  If he's missing, we're probably losing the gnome shaman.

OK, found the link in the thread dedicated, downloaded.  File doesn't include a setup, so I took one and named it "Setup-BP_IN_BG".

I've got the BP_IN_BG-0.6 folder in my 00783 folder with all the other mods, on my E drive.  That folder does include the bp_in_bg.tp2 file, along with .gitattributes, .gitignore, and data, lang, and lib folders.

When I ran it, I got:
** ERROR ** [SETUP-BP_IN_BG.TP2] not found.
Make sure that you have unpacked the archive correctly and that you are not trying to run this file from inside an archive.

That's really weird. There must be something odd I'm not familiar with about G3's Git settings? It changed the folder name, and it failed to recognize the .exe file and the readme.

At any rate, it's a simple fix. What you want to do is:

• delete those .gitattributes and .gitignore files
  • change the name of the folder, removing the "-0.6" from it (so the folder is simply called "BP_in_BG")

Then it should run.

25 minutes ago, Oloriniel said:

woke up in the Black Pits, he delivered his spiel and told his djinn to take care of us...and the cutscene hangs.

Weird, I just installed it and it all works for me:

• go with baeloth
  • get teleported into the arena with three tasloi
  • kill the tasloi, Najim appears and says "YOU HAVE QUALIFIED"
  • teleport to OH9360, Baeloth spiels, then Najim talks, then the cut-scene ends and I can walk around and talk to vendors

The OH9360 area script ("BPHUB.bcs") starts a cut scene "CUTBP01.bcs." That cut scene script has:

CutSceneId("BPBAELOT")  // Baeloth
  FadeToColor([1.0],0)
  LockScroll()
  PlaySound("EFF_M13")
  Wait(2)
  FadeFromColor([160.0],0)
  Wait(5)
  EndCutSceneMode()
  StartDialogueNoSet(Player1)

So if I understand it right, it should end the cut scene as Baeloth's spiel starts?

The thing is, the mod does not touch BPHUB.bcs or CUTBP01.bcs. And I don't see anything in those scripts where ending the cut scene is dependent on some variable, or something like that. It's really weird.

Sorry it's not working for you!

Edited by subtledoctor

Keep in mind that a LOT of the mods are not tested on the Black Pits. It is highly likely that something aimed for the main series of the games interacts badly with BP.

We need to review the whole campaign in terms of a megamod + EET run. I'd like to do that next month, but until then, keep your debuggers around.

More familiar trouble.  Now when I release the pseudo-dragon from my inventory, it does not appear in world.  And, I can CreateCreature("FAMPSD") and talk to/interact with them, but they are not responsive to 'move' commands, they just stay where they spawned.

Is there a variable I can change that sets my familiar to the rabbit?  Then it might work properly, without the alignment dichotomy.

Littlun's encounter with her supposedly-dead father is a blast!  Completely out of nowhere, if I'd not kept her in the party I'd have had no idea.  Follow-up is in Baldur's Gate city.

Unfortunately, she bails on me when the crazy dryad attacks and I'm forced to kill it.  My company's not worth keeping if I kill the 'innocent dryad' who attacked me, there being no option in the dialogue tree to prevent her from attacking me.

A reload fixed, but it looks like I'm heading back to swap Littlun for Coran.

There is definitely a conflict between TnB Choose Your Own Familiar and that Smarter Familiars mod. Not sure if it can be easily debugged… :(

3 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

Fade from black opens on me picking myself up off the ground as Baeloth is saying, essentially, "wake up you sluggards."

If a party member dies in the arena Baeloth appears and says something like “no sleeping on the job” and then I also get a hung cut scene. I think it has to do with party members not having that BP override script. The odd part for you is triggering that line without someone dying. As Graion says, it’s definitely not something most modders ate testing against. 

But it works in my install, and not in yours! So at least there’s two points of reference from which to narrow it down. :goodwork:

Day 99
Cloakwook, Cloakwood Mines

Cleared:
Aldeth Sashenstar, Spiders in the Cloakwood, Fungal Friendship, Cloakwood Lovers, Shadows in Cloakwood, Flooding the Cloakwood Mine, Coran the Wyvern Hunter, Circles of Interest, Apex Predator, the Quest for Perwell

New:  Dead or Deadbeat?

And, with clearing the Cloakwood Mines, my reputation finally reached 16!  Sure does take a while when you cut the growth rate by 75%!  Only dropped XP by 25% - as an FMT, I expected to be starving for it, esp. since I'm not sure how much the Scales of Balance tables slow it down later in the game---but I'm still racking it up at a good pace.  And, I forget who suggested the mod that drastically limits gold, but that's made a difference too.

My usual style of play is to go straight into DSotSC content after the Cloakwood.  But in this case, I think I will take advantage of access to Baldur's Gate.  There's a bunch of NPC's with quests there; I can cycle through them and have some idea which ones I want to keep for the rest of BG once I'm not just clearing their content.

@Graion Dilach's fix worked like a charm--Davaeorn dropped his key, plus a bag with 2 items in it.  First time I've seen one of those bags drop, by the way.

XP: 88,570/class (8/7/8)
Body Count:  2,223 (66%)
Gold: 14,437

Even though Littlun wasn't in the party when I was attacked by crazy dryads and defended myself, she's still mortally offended.  As soon as she rejoins the group, she bails.

The trigger is "Global("GV#LITTDryad","GLOBAL",1).  I've tried deleting that global, to no avail.  How do I check to see what's setting that?