Mod Order/Feedback request

At some point after neither the rabbit nor pseudo-dragon items in my inventory was responsive, I tried again to summon a familiar, and got a new one.

This time I wasn't given the option to choose--I got a rabbit.

It's been working fine since.

Had an issue with Flara at the Sorcerous Sundries; her quest wouldn't complete.  I had to use the console to summon two missing NPC's - GV#MARI and GV#KRAK.  Then everything proceeded properly.

I've hit my first repeated hard crash.  From Coran's Extended Friendship mod, the "A couple of people have wished that I put myself into the lady's shoes...it's amusing, really."

No matter which response I choose at "It happened entirely by accident.  "Helg and I-".  According to NI, the next line should be "You might have heard about the carnivals, when the whole cities go mad with vigor, mask themselves and, more importantly, dress up sumptuously. While for the commons any bright rag and papier-m�ch� will do, the nobles order frocks with yards of expensive cloth, set with jewels, lace and exotic feathers."  But the game hangs rather than launching that response.

If you chose the 6th option as your 2nd response--"What's so amusing about it?" you can shut down the exchange before it reaches the crash.

Drake's quest in BG went smoothly.  Aura's ninjas have attacked me 3 or 4 times.  I've obtained Finch's books and set up her Nashkel library. 

But Rasaad's attackers in the docks are a no-show.  The Rasaad_Plot Global is 1, and I believe the prereq conversations have taken place, nothing happens when I try to talk to Rasaad.  I've looked through BG1200.bcs, but I don't see anything that looks relevant.

Can't complete the Firewine Bridge quest for Gandolar Luckyfoot; the ogre mage is missing.  I think the Enemy Randomizer moved it to who knows where.

It's kept things interesting when the spider house in Beregost has only 1 spider and a bunch of random enemies; or, the bank of Baldur's Gate has no ogre magi, but a couple trolls and some other things.  But occasionally, critters are moved that muck up a quest, or render dialogue inaccurate.  For example, I ran into the torturing ogre mage from the Cloakwood Mines in some random place long before I ever entered the Cloakwood.

Unrelated, but memorized Identify spells don't work.  Scrolls are fine, though.

5 hours ago, subtledoctor said:

You need to actually cast the spell. Identify goes from being a weird hard-coded inventory page hack, to an actual spell you cast in the main game screen.

Thanks!

For Emily's quest:  the Planar Hunter leader shows up in Tranzig's room and doesn't kill Rodwyn.  Talking to him starts the exchange that commences the battle, but since Rodwyn's still alive, if you talk to him again the encounter repeats.

For the Serpents of Abbathor, ACQKEY02 didn't drop, so I had to add it via console.
In location AC4402, two spawned mobs--a wolf, and a flesh golem--were unkillable, even via CTRL-Y.  

I had to use the console to move into Aldeth Sashenstar's guild house; when I tried to follow him in, the building had an unpickable lock.

Dave and Littlun, at least, give CHARNAME many of their items when leaving the party; in particular, "Thundercat," which is undroppable and appears to be a bonus familiar of some kind.  You can 'release' it and it appears in world (though is not responsive to communication attempts) but also remains in an inventory slot. 
Something in BG0900 (Wyrm's Crossing) spams chat every second or so with "CHARNAME: Spell Ineffective".

Day 234
City of Baldur's Gate, Xvart Village, Rocky Coast, Seawatcher, Firewine Bridge

Cleared:
A Bard's Request, A Child in the Lighthouse, A Contract Killing, Alatos and the Thieves' Guild, Algernon's Cloak, Ankheg Culling, Arcand the Mad, Arkion and Nemphre, Basilisk on the Loose, Brielbara's Baby, Eldoth and Skie, Farmer Brun's Missing Son, G'axir the Seer, Ghorak the Diseased, Ghostly Knights in Firewine, Gurke's Cloak, Half-Ogres Near Beregost, Investigating the Merchant's League Estate, Larceny at the Hall of Wonders, Marek and Lothander, Missing Citizens, Nadine and Euric, Narlen's Heist, Perdue's Short Sword, Petrine's Cat, Quinn's Friend, The Cloak of Balduran, the Firewine Ruins, the Great Book of Unknowing, the Helm of Balduran, the Seven Suns, the Captive Nymph, the Fisherman and the Priestess, Tremain's Son, Vai's Bounty, Dorn's Revenge, Rasaad's Enemies of my Friend, Deliver Letter to Aranor, Find the Lost Talisman, the Stone of Askavar, Rescue Rebecca, Solve Carneth's Puzzle, Acquire the Dragon's Heart Ruby, Chasing Shadows, Quietness in a Bustling City, Shilo Chen and the Ogre Magi, Cheating on the Entrance Exam, the Circle Quest, the Bone Collector, Kobolds Dream Too, the Midnight Dog, Big Appetite in Small Gullykin, Final Rest of Firewine's Soldiers, Bibliophilia, Snooping Around, the Cult of the Dragon, the Dungeon of the Carnal Challenges, Ordolaith's Candle, Bartus the Romantic, a Book for Thalantyr, Thalantyr's Chess Set, Babysitting in Nashkel, the Unknown Egg, a Warm Place for Noober, Captain Brage's Guilt, Cordyr and the Sirines, "So Be It!  At Least This Mess is Over Now!", Amelia, the Serpents of Abbathor, Finch's Quest to Start a Library in Nashkel, Aura's Quest, Kale of Gullykin, the Cloak, Emily's Tale, the Planar Hunters, Vienxay's Revenge, a Giant in the Cloudpeaks, Revianel had Disappeared, Weapons and Armor for Grey, Brokk's Forge, Brokk's Ankheg Shield, Brokk's Alicorn Spear, A Mercantile Legacy

Quest log doesn't account for "Slow Boat to Kara-Tur,," the demon Keldath sends me to kill in the Spider Woods, the shadow mage's apprentice, and probably a bunch of other stuff I'm not remembering at the moment.  (Note to self, don't let so much content pile up before doing one of these check-ins, you forget too much you meant to make note of)

Still Open, or New:
The Magnificent Karlini (Ch 1), Increase Brandock's Lore Wisdom (Ch 1), Ice and Ore (Ch 2), Kivan and Tazok (Ch3), Warded Dungeon Under Firewine Bridge (Ch3), A NOTICE (Ch3), Brandock's Half-Ogre Troubles (Ch3), Brandock wants to Restore His Book (Ch3), Brandock's Scroll Scribing Skills (Ch3, listed twice), Investigating the Iron Throne, Scar and the Iron Throne, the Tanar'ri in the Cloudpeaks, Rescue Magnad and Winorma's Children, Mourning Mom in front of the Flaming Fist Headquarters, Camryn and Tamah, the Fallen Paladin in the Temple of Helm, Breeding Gibberlings in Baldur's Gate, Candlekeep Catacombs.

Content Accessible but Not Done:  Ulcaster Ruins, Kahrk, any Ulgoth's Beard content, any DSotSC content, the Seatower, Oversight

NPC's Hanging Out at the Elfsong Tavern or Blushing Mermaid:
Imoen, Xzar, Montaron, Minsc, Dynaheir, Khalid, Edwin, Viconia, Coran, Safana, Branwen, Eldoth, Skie, Yeslick, Shar-Teel, Alora, Garrick, Dorn, Neera, Rasaad, Finch, Aura, Tenya, Kale, Vienxay, Helga, Emily, Flara, Vynd, Littlun, Dave.

Gavin won't stay, but goes back to the Temple.  Likewise Sirene.  Drake goes to the FAI, but I've picked him back up.  Isra leaves  if you don't take her before you clear the mines.  Kagain's back in his shop, I haven't talked to Faldorn, Tiax or Quayle.

Current Party:
Moidre, Drake, Ajantis, Kivan, Xan, Brandock, Grey

Firewine Bridge and Gullykin--given when G. Luckyfoot tells you about the secret door in the Temple basement--doesn't complete.

I thought I could do the BG1NPC romances (Xan, Coran, Ajantis) sequentially, but that's not actually an option.  Guess I'll be checking them out in separate runs, then.

Lots of running around, back and forth.  Probably could have done it much more efficiently.

XP:  159.223/class (9/8/9)
Body Count: 3,346 (61%)
Gold:  62,058

Edited by Oloriniel
forgot to mention something

Endless loop in Candlekeep with Drake.

Theoden: "Farewell, charname!"
Drake:  "Oh, I am going to make a shiny copper out of this tale, I'm sure...ha!"
Charname:  "Don't you dare!" OR "Just make sure you give me a cut of the profits."
Drake: A different response depending on Charname's line above
Theoden:  "Cute as a bug, you were.  Go play with your friends now.  "Go on."
Drake "Oh, I am going to make a shiny copper out of this tale, I'm sure...ha!"
rinse and repeat

Hit a snag with Recorder, attempting to return Sir Mark's sword to his family.

Arnold uses his default dialogue,  Cindy's dialogue assumes these conditions:
  !IsValidForPartyDialogue("X3Rec")
GlobalLT("X3RecSecQuest","GLOBAL",5)

To progress the quest, her triggers are:
  IsValidForPartyDialogue("X3Rec")
Global("X3ReBaldurQuest","GLOBAL",2)

So I'm guessing that "X3Rec" needs to be in the party for the latter, and if she is not in the party, we'll get the former.

Unfortunately, I've got Recorder in the party, Recorder's the one trying to launch the conversation, but I'm still getting a response of "I Don't know you, and I didn't invite you into my home.  Show yourself the door, please."

Now, if I advance X#RecSecQuest to 5, I get:
"Please, leave me alone."
  Global("X3RecSecQuest","GLOBAL",5)

I'm guessing what messed things up was my entry into this house prior to recruiting Recorder.  I don't recall if I talked to anyone, I don't think I did.  I don't think the avatars in the house even had names at that point (just, "Commoner."

Day 282
Ulcaster, Candlekeep Catacombs, Northern Citadel, Balduran's Seatower

Cleared:  
A Ring for a Lady, Laerta and Louise, Ulcaster's Ghost, Eight Legged Mystery, Unusual Shards, Skeletal Mother, Gillian Ghastkill's Baby, Dragon Hunt, Jet'Laya's missing sister, Otho's missing nephew, Mystery at the Northern Citadel, Warded Dungeon under Firewine Bridge, the Messenger, Mourning Mom in front of the Flaming Fist Headquarters, the Fallen Paladin in the Temple of Helm, the Fletcher's Feathers, Halfslinger's Ale, the Tanner's Troubles, the Stolen Ilmater's Arms, Help Shuck's Brother, the Dark Power in the Seatower Catacombs, an  Orphan in the Seatower, Cage the Rabbits, Strange Happenings in Room 3.4, Rats in the Seatower in, Missing Monk in the Seatower, the Prisoner in the Seatower Prison, Confront the Slavers in Baldur's Gate, Myconids in the Seatower Prison, Doppelgangers inside the Seatower, Breach in the Seatower Prison, the Dead Adjutant, Fire Elemental in the Seatower Storeroom, Fire Proof Barrel for the Seatower Armorer, Sea Troll's Sebaceous Gland for the Seatower Winchman, the Magnificent Karlini, Breeding Gibberlings in Baldur's Gate, Candlekeep Catacombs, Camryn and Tamah, Mr. Turquoise and the Monster, the Madwoman of Firewine Bridge

Open or New:   Increase Brandock's Lore Wisdom (Ch 1), Ice and Ore (Ch 2), Kivan and Tazok (Ch3), A NOTICE (Ch3), , Brandock wants to Restore His Book (Ch3), Brandock's Scroll Scribing Skills (Ch3, listed twice), Investigating the Iron Throne, Scar and the Iron Throne, the Tanar'ri in the Cloudpeaks, Rescue Magnad and Winorma's Children, the Locked Altar of Helm, Ingredients for the Seatower Mage, Liqueur for the Tanner, Notifying of Kin, Grothir wants the Contracts, Brandock's Half-Ogre Troubles, Brandock and his Half-Ogre Twin, Brandock's Scroll Scribing Skills (3rd Entry).

I am finally beginning Chapter 6, truncated due to being able to do the Candlekeep trip early.  This probably means losing the quest that involves recovering a stolen book that leads to Drow in the Nashkel mines, and I know it throws a monkeywrench in the return to Lendore Isle (SoBH).  I'm still holding off on Ulgoth's Beard content, and I've done very little of NTotSC (nor the Zombie Farm on the Chionthar River).  Nor Section/Oversight (from Dark Horizons), nor the Twisted Rune enclave in Baldur's Gate.

Brandock's in a 7th member slot, so I can't double-check right now, but I'm not sure what's up with his scroll scribing quest, given the 3 entries, 2 in Chapter 3.  And his lore has got to be pushing 100, if not exceeding it, so I'm not sure how or if that quest closes.

My heavy armor wearers are still marching around in drow full plate; it looks like a mod may have changed them to remove the sunlight destruction.

The enemy randomizer continues to mess with me; there were no vampires in the warded dungeon under Firewine, but there was a cornugon.  And at the top of the Daerthmac tower, instead of a vampire I met a Fire Giant mage, complete with time stop!  But now that I've got 3 spellcasters with Breach, mages aren't quite the terror they've been.

Current Party:  Moidre, Drake, Xan, Ajantis, Breagar, Brandock, Grey.  Probably dropping Breagar and picking up Shar-Teel to meet Angelo after I clear the Iron Throne HQ.

XP: 230,123/class (9/9/9)
Body Count: 4144 (57%)
Gold: 131,904

If you say three entries for Brandock's scroll scribing quest, do you mean they are not listed under the same (one) title but all separately?

And, this quest would only close in BGII. I should change the solved/unsolved entries if it's not an EET game.

On 7/15/2022 at 11:49 AM, Graion Dilach said:

That Aurora build with EET compatibility doesn't work. It might install, but a few things will end up corrupted (doesn't install Madae and Isair art for it's BG2 fiends nor uses the EE art index, uses the BGT area filenames for the BG1 additional areas, breaking them on exit, doesn't copy the tis and the audio files, just to name a few)  - it took me a weekend of debugging to get it to a state where it works but it's a messy hackjob and I wouldn't advise others to follow.

I'd outright even say that Aurora should only be recoded after Infinity Animations v6 arrives which it should depend on.

Good afternoon! This "messy hackjob" was made by me, and I am very surprised to read such rude words about my work.
My goal was to make the "Aurora Shoes" mod compatible with the EE version of BG2, since no one else has done this for many years. I spent a lot of time on this and I did this not for myself, but in order to give people the opportunity to play this mod. And, as you can see, all NPCs, quests, dialogues and animations now work on BG2EE, and installation of Infinity Animations is no longer required. So, the version of "Aurora Shoes" 5.3 is fully compatible with BG2EE and has been personally tested by me.

But with EET-compatibility is somewhat more complicated. I made sure the mod installed on EET without error and our testers said it works on EET. I did not have the opportunity to go through both parts of the game myself, and my experience is not enough to take into account all the possible nuances - so I trusted the words of the testers.

At the same time, I am always open to constructive criticism and am ready to make changes and improvements to the Aurora mod. And earlier I expressed the hope that Gwendolyne or someone else will check this version and improve it if necessary. As I wrote on the SHS,

"Perhaps my way of coding is bad and it could have been done more correctly, but I did the best I can. The installation is successful, everything works correctly in the game, I did not find any bugs".

You are critical of my work, not appreciating the fact that the mod has become fully compatible with the BG2EE version and the problem is only on the EET, while you have done nothing to help solve the problem. You write that you fixed the mod on EET, but do not attach the corrected files so that I or the SHS admins can update the mod.
I am always glad of any help, but if it is aimed at improving the mod, and not insulting someone else's work. I consider your attitude to be wrong.

P.S. I apologize for my English - I do not speak this language and I write through an online translator.

Edited by Austin