Mod Order/Feedback request

Unkillable critters in the Deepvein mine.

I thought they were random, but I actually found them when I looked at BD1100.ARE.  One is a wolf - PLYWOLF.CRE - and the other is a flesh golem - GOLEMF.  All the different flesh golems and wolves in the game, I'd never have been able to determine which ones.  Still not sure if/how to kill them...turning doesn't work on the dead wolf, fire doesn't work on either, these don't even fall over and get back up like trolls sometimes do.

4 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

I saw in a thread elsewhere you said he should spawn with that vairable at 6, so I set it to that, but he still didn't turn up

In bd0010, he should apswn for variable at 5, so that means the script block didn't run. 🤔

For variable at 6 he should spawn in front of the palace when the PC starts marching out with the FF, though (that's area code bd0101 then, a different area code than before). After that at every camp. So, if you set it at 6 he really should show up at some point.

Just to make sure: Global("C#Brandock_Gone","GLOBAL",0) is at 0/doesn't exist, yes?

No, that global doesn't exist.

Just activated the last menhir, Crommus turned up, and the cutscene hung when his girlfriend was supposed to show.

And, perhaps unrelated, but my last half dozen savegames all crash on loading, so I'm going to have to do the Coast Way Forest, and a good chunk of the crossing, all over again :(

Just recently, whenever I press the "Q" key to quicksave, Charname casts a spell that summons a djinn.  Apparently it's some version of "Leomund's Secret Chest," where I can store items and then retrieve them.  It's roughly coincided with reaching 11th level as a mage.

Is this normal and I just don't remember it from the relevant 'readme,' or is something amiss here?

8 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

Just recently, whenever I press the "Q" key to quicksave, Charname casts a spell that summons a djinn.  Apparently it's some version of "Leomund's Secret Chest," where I can store items and then retrieve them.  It's roughly coincided with reaching 11th level as a mage.

Is this normal and I just don't remember it from the relevant 'readme,' or is something amiss here?

No, it's a mod interaction. I've seen it before... but I don't remember where and I can't find it now. :(

Edited by subtledoctor

Game is crashing on attempting to rest, after killing the green dragon.

If I leave the cave, I get Drake's cooking pre-sleep banter, then crash.

If I go deeper into the cave, I fight a bunch of bugbears, attempt to rest, and crash.

Could this be caused by something in my inventory, that I got from the dragon?

Okay, it's not Drake's interaction.  I went back to a savegame from before killing the dragon, and attempted to rest.  Banter came and went just fine.

It's not Vienxay's quest, which should be popping up an interaction (since we already traded the emerald for the book); I booted her from the group but we still crashed.

It's not the location, as it happens in both BD7200 and BD7220.

Do you have any party members at less than full health when resting? If so, try manually healing everybody and then rest. There is a known source of crashes that can crop up when the game tries to automatically apply healing spells - my mind jumps to it every time I see mention of crashes when resting. Would be good to exclude that as the issue here.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:16 PM, Oloriniel said:

Weirdly, there was text after resting telling me that Grey is fatigued!

IIRC "7th-member" characters have their fatigue re-set about 15-30 seconds after you rest. So Grey was treated as awake for the 8 hours you slept, and evidently got fatigued. Then presumably the script kicked in a few rounds later and refreshed him.

On 8/22/2022 at 5:16 PM, Oloriniel said:

That was it!  I took a beating killing the dragon, and figured I'd rest instead of burning potions and spells.  Topping off everyone's health prior to trying to rest did the trick.

Might want to check a savegame - if you can open them, post one and I can look at it. The healing before resting thing suggests that one of your party members has more than 255 spells memorized... and that probably shouldn't be happening...

Edited by subtledoctor

Still having trouble opening baldur.gam files.  But Charname does have too many spells; while his spell selection tab has 46 slots (10 each for levels 1 to 3, 8 each for levels 4 and 5), when I click the icon to cast a spell, if I scroll through, after my 5th level spells, I appear to have 15 each of a large # of spells.

Day 465

Completed:
Recruitment Drive, the War at Home, Bar Fight, Meeting of the Minds, Days of Wine and Stealing, Shakedown in Shantytown, Refuge for the Refugees, All the Way to the Bank, Rabble Rousers, the Dry Crier, Corpse Disposal, the Sorcerous Sundries Caper, Thief among the Refugees, Halfling Treasures, Isabella and Ikros, the Vanished, the Dwarves of Dumathoin, Scout the South Way Crossing, Beetles and Spider, the Missing Patrol, Sarevok's Secret, the Eyeless Priestess, Friend Like no Other, the Elder Mage

Open/New:
My Missed Fortune, Skie's Grand Plan, Disturbing Implications, Zaviak's Vision Quest, Letter for Recorder, Ancient Menhirs, the Irregulars

Brandock was rumored to be hanging around the Keep, but I couldn't find him before the Expedition left Baldur's Gate.  Safana, Minsc and Dynaheir came, despite my having asked them to "wait here" at one point or another while recruiting others; Verr'Sza, on the other hand, disappeared.

NPC's in Camp:  Safana, Minsc, Dynaheir, Edwin, Viconia, Helga, Vienxay, Kale, Emily, Recorder, Drake, Sirene, Aura, Jaheira, Voghlin, Breagar, Baeloth, M'Khiin, Corwin, Glint, Rasaad.

Ancient Menhirs was buggy and could not be completed.

The Blood Red Ioun Stone can not be placed in a Bag of Holding. Nor the spider silk and spider leg.

We've reached Bridgefort, and secured a way into the Crusader Camp, but rather than breach either, we've gone back to camp and to check in.  And I'm going to let Brage take a rest, while I feel Edwin will be useful in dealing with the Crusader Camp.  It might be a kindness to bring Jaheira, so she can reunite with her husband...but I'm not prepared to part with any of my other companions just now.

It remains to be seen what use Vienxay will make of her new Shadow Tome.  Helga's quest is done; I'll need Recorder, Kale, and Emily in Chapter 10, at least briefly.
I don't know if, or where, Drake, Sirene, or Aura have quests/content.  Pretty sure Breagar, again, will have to be in the party at SoD's end to transition to BG2, but I don't think he has any quests.  Though maybe I should have had him in the party in the dwarven mine?

Enjoying the impact "Road to Discovery" is having so far.  Looking forward to seeing the changes Boarskyr Bridge, Another Fine Hell etc wreak!

XP:  601,148 / class (12/11/12)
Body Count:  6,723
Gold:  16,353

Day 485

Completed:
Edwin's Tale of Woe, the Creeping Darkness, the Fear, the Irregulars, Tender of the Dead, the Bridgefort Wardstone, Ghost Dragon Guardian, Troll Breakout, the Trial, Understanding the Crusade, the Call of the Wild Mage, M'kiin Grubdubbler, Entering Dragonspear Castle, On the Fence, Glint Gardnersonson, Morning Report, the Uncommon Cold, Memories of Battles Past, Helvdar's Lucky Charm, Den of Thieves, Anniversary Gift, Troop Train, the Traitor, the Wounded Zealot, Foehammer's Blessing, the Good Druids, the Myconid Tower, Murs and the Brigands, the Lost, Accessing the Warrens, the Dungeon Slug, the Wychlaran and the Berserker, Moving Crates, Strunk's Elementals, the Slime Sickness, the Cabal, Find Daeros, Gurgle and Floss, Blind Albino Wyrmlings, the Siege of Dragonspear, Skie's Gone Missing, the Problem with Pritchard, Mizhena's Amulet, Lilah

Open/New:
My Missed Fortune, Skie's Grand Plan, Disturbing Implications, Zaviak's Vision Quest, Letter for Recorder, Ancient Menhirs, Drow Runaways

If you give Neera all the items she needs, her quest completes, and if you bring her into the party later, there is no option to find the entrance to the Fugue Plane to deal with the lingering Adoy.

If you give Khalid all the items he needs, his quest completes, but I don't think Jaheira gets her present.

Sirene finally had a quest/encounter of her own!  We were attacked by an enemy of hers when we entered the Dead Man's Pass.  I'm guessing there won't be a follow-up until SoA.

Drake mentioned he'd asked the Order for help.  We later ran into a battle between knights and orogs between zones; later, we could talk to his brother at the coalition camp, and one of the knights gave us access to a new store with some nice gear.

Kale has a quest in the Dead Man's Pass.  Recorder allegedly has a quest in Chapter 10, but it never triggered for me.  My guess is I should have been able to give her Cindy's letter, and not being able to do so caused it to not launch.

Emily faked me out.  She kept talking about some friend/acquaintance she was traveling with, and I expected to meet them.  Instead, she had an interaction with Caelar that made it worth having brought her to that encounter.

No idea of Aura has content in SoD, save that she offers me some troll-killing arrows.

Met all of Glint's relatives, helped find Safana's traitor, Minsc and Dynaheir got to meet their countrymen, Edwin got his revenge, M'kiin got her gear and we stood up for her when she needed it, Corwin saw her ex, and Viconia got to meet an old acquaintance.  Given the drow the response "with an attitude like that, good luck finding who you're looking for without my help" still put the quest to find them in my inventory.  With a subsequent dialogue leading to conflict, and a chat with one of their targets in the Ogre village (the other wasn't there), it looks like it will be impossible to close "Drow Runaways."

I thought I messed something up, when De Lancie didn't give me the option to get the keg of Bwoosh! on my first visit to the coalition camp.  Turns out it was simply rescheduled, and the ask comes after the parley.  Except after the parley, I've already been through the Underground River, confronted Hephernaan in the basement, and had the whistle blown on me during my withdrawal.  And, when I get back to camp, it's under attack, and Phossey Dugdeep is nowhere to be found.  So this looks more like a bug than a rearranging.

So proceeding to Castle Dragonspear, Phossy's now trying to knock a hole down in the wall.  We take out the archers who have the sappers pinned down....and, looks like this is where the fun begins....

XP:   662,673 / class (12/11/12)
Body Count: 7,054
Gold:  25,787