Mod Order/Feedback request

Exiting the "Bridges' Block," someone named "Andrei" says, "Alas, we must part ways.  Until next time, then."

I have the options to tell them to wait here, to rejoin, or go to the Copper Coronet.  I've chosen the last.  Just mentioning this because I'm pretty sure this is not working as intended :)

I may have to let Adrian go early.  Twice he's started a conversation, something about "I take it you've only recently started studying magic," with an immediate crash to desktop.  Wasn't able to spot the line in his dialogue file, waiting for it to recur so I can get the exact quote and search for the string.

Party presently consists of Jaheira, Adrian, Driz'zt, Kivan, and Imoen, plus Grey.  I sent Wulfgar to the Copper Coronet, which didn't please Driz'zt, but his genie hasn't come up so I'm not ready to go off on his tangents.  Instead, Ribald sent me to the Southern Edge and I think I've completed that content, and paid for the license for Grey, declining for now Tolgerias' offer.  What a surprise to see Dreppin and his cow again.

Found it.  This time it didn't cause a crash, just no response.

BRH#ADR

State 51:  I take it you only recently started practicing magic?
Response 69: (no text)
     State 52: You lack the...theoretical bent I'd have expected of a lifelong practitioner.
          Response 72: (no text [BIMOEN2.dlg)
               state 494 (broken reference, state entry not exist in bimoen2.dlg)
Response 70: (no text [BIMOEN2.dlg)
     state 493 (broken reference, state entry not exist in bimoen2.dlg)
Response 71: (no text [BIMOEN2.dlg)
     state 492 (broken reference, state entry not exist in bimoen2.dlg)

There are a number of "Bridges' Block" quests that are scavenger hunts, so probably no progress until I'm exploring vanilla areas more broadly.

Took Renfeld to the Harpers and dealt with Xzar.  Freed Skie's soul from the Soultaker.  Went to Arlax and rescued Regis, then to the Umar Hills, where I dodged all the vanilla questgivers (not the woman who wanted her son in Trollford found, though), met the drow who told me to find Bruenor in Westchar.  Ambushed by a large pack of werewolves, wolfweres, winter wolves, etc, camped and then ambushed by Ertof Dand and his merry band.  

On to Westchar, where I did rescue Bruenor, sent him to the Copper Coronet, then teleported Driz'zt to enjoy a vacation until I'm ready to leave for Brynnlaw (or wait until I'm ready to make contact with Brother Martin and then TP him back).

Really liking Kivan's BG2 content. 

Adrian, it seems, doesn't romance elves.  Turns out you need to rest at an inn after escaping Irenicus' dungeon, so a quick trip to the Seven Vales kick-started his banters.

I hoped I'd see Brandock at the Temple of Oghma.  Alas, no :(

23 minutes ago, Oloriniel said:

I hoped I'd see Brandock at the Temple of Oghma.  Alas, no

He would be in a house left to the Sphere in the slums. It's not a visible door. Since Global("C#BrandockSpawn","GLOBAL") was greater than 4 in your case (?) he should be inside.

He was indeed!  And *that* is what that spellbook is for!

We talked to Tolgerias, but I'm not ready to take on that quest.  We went by the Temple of Helm, but there was no one to whom I could talk about funeral arrangements.  And then by the Temple of Oghma, but there was no one we could talk to about restoring his book.

And while I think about it, there's no one to whom to present my letter from the Dukes of Baldur's Gate, right?  The quest to close the portal is not yet implemented?

Jaheira's quest is rolling along.  Already I've had the confrontation with Galvarey, and both Revianne and Dermin have come to pay a visit.  Adrian's quest should be 'popping any time, I think.  And I've picked up Anomen, so I can start roling through his content.

7 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

And while I think about it, there's no one to whom to present my letter from the Dukes of Baldur's Gate, right?  The quest to close the portal is not yet implemented?

Yes, that's why AfH is still in beta and states that the BGII part is not finished.

7 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

We talked to Tolgerias, but I'm not ready to take on that quest.  We went by the Temple of Helm, but there was no one to whom I could talk about funeral arrangements.  And then by the Temple of Oghma, but there was no one we could talk to about restoring his book.

Valygar: Just a spoiler, Brandock will be more loyal to the PC than it might seem in this regard; regarding his book, try talking to him via PID (clicktalk) - he had time to do it on his own (spoiler - he didn't); and regarding the funeral arrangements I think I assumed wrongly when and where Oisig can be found in the temple of Helm if the PC does not qualify for the temple of Helm regarding the eyeless cult.

I did find the PID option re: the book.  The monks offered to take the gem and money before they'd made me the offer--looks like the game checks to see if I have the ingredients but doesn't check that the offer's been made yet.  Not a big deal, but just thought I'd mention.

As for Oisig, once I ventured deeper into the District and witnessed Gaal's speech, Oisig turned up, and he did talk with Brandock about the funeral arrangements.

Jaheria and I have killed Dermin Courtierdale and his pals.  Her questline has progressed as quickly and smoothly as I've ever seen it.

Anomen's gotten his knighthood.  I think there's a mod that expands his plotline?

I'm really enjoying the Kivan expansion.  Though it's not really compatible with "Imoen Forever."

While Jaheira was absent and we'd been summoned to visit Anomen's father, Isra's sister was attacked.  I know she has another quest, but I'm not ready to take it on yet, so Isra's hanging out with the Jysstevs for now.  And Driz'zt is stashed in my old apartments in the Palace in Baldur's Gate.  If I've stuck anywhere else somewhere they haven't had a chance to complain about being kicked, I've already forgotten....

And I to get Wilson before closing out Neera's quests, I stashed Neera in Trademeet, filled her spot with Rasaad, left Rasaad at the Temple to have space for Wilson, took Wilson to the hideout, then picked up Neera again.

Next step is Neera's quest; by that time, I think I'll have finished Jaheira and Anomen's content as well.  So the question will be whether to pick up Viconia, and get Dorn and Hexxat out of the way, or recruit Aerie (and retrieve Minsc, and rescue Haer'Dalis).

Sure enough, we were heading for the Red Wizard enclave when someone gave us a tip about a witness to Moira's murder.  I've followed that thread to a Captain Alwesk who is supposed to be at the garrison at the docks.  But there's no one there (AR0332) but a "guard captain" (who isn't Alwesk, and just tells us to get out), a barracks guard, and an Amnian soldier.

Is this the wrong time of day, wrong place, something else?  I checked and Global ("WAMoirQ") is set to 4.

Okay, I tried spawning Alwesk, and successfully got him to appear in the barracks.

He sent me off to collect two of his guardsmen from Delosar.

When I came back, he was gone, so I respawned him again.  This time, he sent me off to the house above the lich in the Bridge District, where I fought two bone golems, a bunch of skeletons, and the two murderers, and recovered from them a document linking Saerk to the Shadow Thieves.

Went back to Alwesk, who this time was still there, and he promises justice will be done.

At which point Terl (?) shows up and tells Anomen that his father's gone after Saerk with murderous intent.  Anomen promptly leaves the group.

I follow to Saerk's estate.  The downstairs door is locked and unpickable.  I can get in upstairs, but if I want to avoid killing guards, I need to turn invisible (and, fight some Cowled Wizards).  We slip by, head downstairs, and find Anomen standing around.  When I speak to him, he wants to rejoin the group.  Okay.  At which point, a guard sees him and combat begins.

The good news--I figured out the problem I was having at Saerk's.  I left the barracks after Anomen without talking to the Captain first.  Having done so, when I get to Saerk's the front door is open and I arrive mid-confrontation between the families   Also upon entry, there's messages in the chatbox that 6 or so guards have died.

The bad news--when Saerk's son Yusuf summons the guards and starts a cutscene, said cutscene hangs.

The end of the dialogue tree is:
Yusuf:  State 6:  "Enough!  Time for action.  Men - show this filth, where their place is - with the trash!
Response 17: (no text)
Flags(Action(2) Terminates dialogue(3))
Action 7
SetGlobal("WAMoirQ","Global",11)
ClearAllActions()
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutSceneEx("WASGuard",FALSE)

And the script for WASGuard is:

IF
    True()
THEN
    RESPONSE #100
        CutSceneId(Player1)
        CreateCreatureOffScreen("wasguar1",SSW)  // Hired thug
        CreateCreatureOffScreen("wasguar2",SSW)  // Hired thug
        CreateCreatureOffScreen("wasguar3",SSW)  // Hired thug
        CreateCreatureOffScreen("wasguar4",SSW)  // Hired thug
        CreateCreatureOffScreen("wasguar5",SSW)  // Hired thug
        CreateCreatureOffScreen("wasguar6",SSW)  // Hired thug
        ActionOverride("wasguar1",MoveToObject(Player1))
        ActionOverride("wasguar2",MoveToObject(Player1))
        ActionOverride("wasguar3",MoveToObject(Player1))
        ActionOverride("wasguar4",MoveToObject(Player1))
        ActionOverride("wasguar5",MoveToObject(Player1))
        ActionOverride("wasguar6",MoveToObject(Player1))
        Wait(2)
        EndCutSceneMode()
END

Any suggestions for how I might jump-start it?  Otherwise, looks like Anomen and I part company here.

Shelved Anomen, picked up Dorn.  Then Jaheira for Hexxat, and Neera for Viconia.  I've rolled through Dorn's and Hexxat's quests, and Viconia's romance has advanced through her telling me of her brother's fate and fears of Lolth's retribution.

Bernard gave me the note to meet the assassin broker, Lynn, at the Five Flagons.  My reputation is usually too high for this content, but my recent actions have dropped mine from 20 to 8, so now's my chance to do this...and, early enough in the game that my rep can recover, once I start doing vanilla content.

But after the milk run to the Sea's Bounty, my first target doesn't turn up.  I talked to Pugney at the Mithrest Inn and got directions to where he should be, when he should be there, but there's no sign of him.  Per his DLG file the variable Global("O#CrLynnQuestSpawn1","GLOBAL",2) is the trigger; for me this value was 0, so not sure where it should have set but didn't.

Setting the variable, and then spawning Lord Melyin, everything works as intended.

Oh, and I'm not sure if anyone is maintaining Ruad, but Jaheira can't wear her improved Harper pin.

Huh.  In Trademeet, to fullfill my contract on Qyr.  Need rest, so I slept at the inn.

Now is when Dorn propositions me (not for the first time, but for the first time after completing his quests and losing his Blackguard status).  I took him up on his offer, and in the morning, Imoen was gone.

Guess that was her last straw.  Time to reload...

This time, I turned him down.  But in the morning, Imoen is still gone.

I started Chapter 13 on day 519, and today is day 578.  Is there a timer after which Imoen get kidnapped?  I thought she'd be with me until we got to Brynnlaw.

In the Windspear Hills, the enemy randomizer chainged the gnolls that the werewolves (in human form) were fighting.

The dialogue that leads to them changing to werewolves and attacking won't fire unless NumDeadGT("aegnoll",5)

As for Firkraag himself, it looks like SuperFirkraag is not compatible with the Ajantis mod; as soon as he was within eyesight, he went hostile.  I'm not ready to take him on, so I ran away and will see if I can summon Conster and figure out the variables to fight him and get the key, and come back later...maybe much later!

Fatal crash with Isra's banter with Imoen:
State 99: First <CHARNAME>, and now you as well. "Tis...baffling, to say the least.
Response 99: (no text) [BIMOEN2.dlg]
State 358: <Broken Reference, state entry not exist in BIMOEN2.DLG>

This is the same issue I had with Adrian; I presume it's an installation weirdness rather than a true bug in the mod.

But it looks like it's about time to say goodbye to Isra for this run.

So; now to recruit Aerie and then get Minsc back?  Or, pick up Kiyone and see the "Beyond the Law" content--at least, what there is in chapters 2/3?  Or Kiara and Zaiya?  Curious about both those pairs, I've never used either mod so I'm not sure how playable they are.