Mod Order/Feedback request

The option to give the Priest of Oghma a King's Tear and 5000 gold repeats. I couldn't remember whether I'd done this before or not, but the option remained available immediately after selecting it (for the second time, probably, as there was no journal update and no change to Brandock's PID dialogue menu

Day 642
Completed:  Investigate and destroy the Cult of the Eyeless, Gain the services of Sir Sarles for the Temple, Idle Hands in Imnesvale, Ranger-Protector of the Umar Hills, Ruling the De'Arnise keep and lands, Running the Five Flagons Playhouse, Madulf and the village make an arrangement, Cernd's child, the dueling families of Trademeet, Dealing with the Trademeet genies, Mazzy has challenged Gorf the Squisher, the murders in the Umar Hills have been stopped, Seek out and investigate the Fallen Paladins, Save Mazzy's sister, Pala, Edwin is being hunted by the Red Wizards?, Keldorn returns to his wife and family, Animal trouble in Trademeet, Paladin stronghold duties, Cleric stronghold, Lord Leoncourt's treasure chest, the Murder of Acton Balthis, the Cult of the Unseeing Eye: Bunger Wiesner, for the Love of a Troll, Moiya's debt problem, Siren's Silence, A Bump with the Past, Rulendo's Gauntlet, A Game of cat-and-mouse, Necklace of Talos

New or Ongoing:  Another mission for the temple, Solve the riddle in the Sewers (won't complete, did Lover's Ring instead),  Journey to the Windspear Hills, Collect the fee for Gaelen Bayle, Solve the "skinner" murders in the Bridge District, You can't escape the past (remnant, quest is complete but entry not cleared), the search for Moxen's ward, Some bloke I met down the pub, missing copper ring, Bridge's Block's Monster, Missing gloves in the Bridge's Block, Mr. Rat in the Bridge's Block, the Summoner from the Bridge's Block, an Ancient and Restless Spirit, In Pursuit of Moira's assassins (bugged, Anomen released), Imoen found a job, Pirate Legacy, the Golden Globe, The Lover's Ring (remnant, not cleared upon completion), To Be Heir, Kale's Father, A Matter of some Cabbages, Proving Kova's Innocence, Proving Kova's Innocence - Nobles' Murders, Proving Kova's Innocence - Enforcer murders, Berronar's Axe was stolen, Breagar's text fragments, Golem Construction Workshop, Brandock and his Half-Ogre twin, Brandock wants to restore his book, Increase Brandock's Lore Wisdom, To Aid the Needy

I finally levelled up!  Well above 3 million total XP.  But no high level abilities!  I guess I installed something that delayed them, and that could mean none at all for my F/M/T, depending how many XP above the cap all the implemented mods provide., with my 25% XP reduction from a mod.  Also, I don't think I got a new feat at level 12, and I definitely didn't get one at 15, which I just reached; nor have I been getting one at every other thief level.

Swapping NPC's around so much, none of them have even half my total.  Kivan and Keldorn are both about 1.7 million; Breagar and Vienxay have about a million each.

Starting to wrap up stronghold requirements, aside from the Planar Sphere.  I guess I'm holding off until I'm done being ambushed by Cowled Wizards for spellcasting in town; I don't want to accidentally get a license, which comes free with, I think, the expanded Mage stronghold mod.

Keldorn's quest is done, and he's up to LT38, so about halfway.  I read that Mazzy's romance doesn't begin until after the Underdark; we've beaten Gorf and killed her sister's poisoner, so she's benched until Chapter 6.  Vienxay, like Kale and Helga, appear to be bugged in this installation; her quest never started, and she keeps saying "Hello there" with no followthrough (but not, like Kale, every second or so). Emily was fine and I haven't tried Recorder yet.  Anomen, Haer'Dalis and Imoen have all been benched rather than completed due to bugs.  I'm not sure, now, where I parked Kiyone and Kova; they're not where I thought I left them, so I hope they didn't leave the game without seeing my main for an "are you sure?" dialogue.  Yoshimo and Kachiko are parked waiting for the Brynnlaw departure.  I'm saving Xan for my last mage; having set Edwin and Nalia aside, and letting Vienxay go shortly, I think I just have Minyae and Evandra to see first.

Do I need to have Breagar with me in the Underdark for his gems to be found, or can I pick him up upon my return?

I started "Fishing For Trouble," but it's gated (there's a part early in the mod that requires a vampire in Bodhi's lair, so it has to wait until that's unlocked).  Aside from Riativin and Tapanascar, I've done the TDD content that can be done before the last part.  I've met Selence and had to drop the letters so I didn't meet the Soubar emissaries early; I don't think I"ve done any of CtB yet (the drow library in the Umar cave was inaccessible).

Amazing thread Oloriniel, documenting everything!

I have to ask, how did the Twisted Rune enclave fight in BG go, as far as difficulty goes? Really curious as you also had SCS installed. Technically it's designed to be too hard for a typical BG1 party, and you come back to it once you're in BG2 (somebody opens the bridge for you). But you were quite high level for BG1 that's for sure.

I am eagerly anticipating more progression :D Looking especially at the skinner murder quest 👀

Edited by Daxtreme

The Twisted Rune?  It was too hard the first time I tried it, right after killing Sarevok. 

So I came back and tried again after Durlag's Tower and the Driz'zt Saga, it might have been the very last thing I didbefore moving on to SoD; by that time my main was 11/11/11, so the rest of the party was probably in the L 11-13 range.

Drake had an item or two that increased his Turning level, so the mummy went kaboom at the start of the fight.  Enough Breach scrolls had dropped from random loot that Brandock and Xan and I all had it.  And I put "protection from magic" scrolls on everyone before going in.

13 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

The Twisted Rune?  It was too hard the first time I tried it, right after killing Sarevok. 

So I came back and tried again after Durlag's Tower and the Driz'zt Saga, it might have been the very last thing I didbefore moving on to SoD; by that time my main was 11/11/11, so the rest of the party was probably in the L 11-13 range.

Drake had an item or two that increased his Turning level, so the mummy went kaboom at the start of the fight.  Enough Breach scrolls had dropped from random loot that Brandock and Xan and I all had it.  And I put "protection from magic" scrolls on everyone before going in.

Thanks for the report, the mummy shouldn't have gone kaboom, that was an oversight I will fix  (it should be a level 15+ cleric)

Tranzig is supposed to be added to the Sewers as part of the Branwen BG1NPCSOA mod, but I didn't spot him anywhere.

I think I will come back to her for my cleric once I've rotated through everyone, but for now I'm going to rotate her out for either Gavin, Yeslick or Nephele.

Keldorn's romance appears to be stuck at 41.

Breagar's staying with me rather than going off to be married, and we've got 2 pieces of his book.  I think the 3rd is at Pimlico's, which I don't have a reason to visit without Korgan.

Working my way through Lava's mods presently; Bridge's Block, Southern District and White Queen are done, and I'm making my way through ISNF now.

The only "crash on loading" bug I've encountered involved shapeshifting - but that was fixed in 2.6. (Two sources of changed animations, with a two-handed weapon and something in the off hand - crash.) Those crashing saves could probably use a look in NI so the source of the problem can be discovered.

Unfortunately I haven't got them; they were 'autosaves' and 'interval saves' and are overwritten now.  I do have the debug reports, though.

I somehow friendzoned Keldorn when talking about my foster-father, so I've reset the variable.

Sgt. Aegisfield upbraided me as a vigilante and took a point of rep.  Worse, he respawned and when I clicked him he did it again!  He doesn't have any idea what fate I spared him....

Going to the Tower of Astinus, some drow gear I've had since BG1 finally turned to dust!

I picked up Korgan and did his quest, so I found the fragment at Pimlico.  I thought I had all 3, but it seems I'm still missing the 3rd.  Don't remember where it should be, now.

And, does Breagar have to come to the Underdark for his gems to drop?

Cool.

As for the Luxley brothers, that was one of them that came up to me as if I was kicking him out of the party, the first time I entered the bridge.  And his brother, Sebastian, appears to be a cat.  Now that I finally let Andrei into the party, he's unresponsive.  So it looks like these are bugged.  A quick check of their SHS forum didn't yield any solutions, so I think I'm going to just leave them be for this run.