Mod Order/Feedback request

Also:  Met Celile, the moneylender from the Copper Coronet, in the foyer of the Vulgar Monkey.

When I clicked on him he attacked me, which, well, not exactly a rare occurrence.  I haven't single-handedly killed the equivalent of the population of a small city just because I felt like it.

But when I slew him, in self-defense, my reputation dropped from 20 to 10.  That seems a bit steep!  Especially in a lawless town like Brynnlaw....

Sounds like a standard "innocent" penalty. If you kill one of the random peasants or courtesans in Brynnlaw, that's the same hit. Higher reputation means more lost, and it'll always drop you to no more than 10 rep.

People who go hostile when you have a perfectly ordinary conversation with them shouldn't be innocents; provoking innocents should require extreme provocation, like telling Taris the gory details in Dorn's BG1 quest ("His skeleton LITERALLY leapt out of his body, and flesh went FLYING in every direction. It was quite a sight."). Either this guy shouldn't be an innocent, or he shouldn't have attacked you so easily.

Sure enough, Celile (D0LENDER.CRE) is flagged as 'innocent.'

I've submitted a bug report over at the PocketPlane forum, just in case it's still monitored.
Change-log shows the following modified the file:
MIH_EQ.TP2~ 0 0 // Revised Corporal Undeadv5.1
EET_Tweaks.TP2~ 0 2051 // XP for killing creatures Decrease to 75% 1.12
CDTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 3010 // Maximum HP Creatures [the bigg] for all creatures in game v15
Stratagems.TP2~ 0 6010 // Better calls for help 34.3
TNT.TP2~ 0 59 // Fair fights Also remove undroppable items granting unfair advantages from all enemies | power user component, consult readme v8.19

But none of these look like they'd modify a 'class' setting to 'innocent.'

Thanks for the suggestion, @jmerry!

Now if only the issues with the journal, and the vanishing companion NPCs, was as easily sorted....

On this one, I think the character was always intended to be innocent, and the dodgy part is how he got mad at you. Which might be connected to you "clicking on him", or might be something like hearing a call for help.

When calls for help or specific script/dialogue triggers aren't involved, it usually takes being "attacked" to make a neutral NPC go hostile. You either attack with a weapon, deal damage to them, tag them with a spell/ability flagged as hostile, or land one of a certain list of negative status effects (i.e. stun) on them.

Also ... Revised Corporal Undead? Is this moneylender undead for some reason?

Not that I know of; no reason in the plot for him to be so.

Though...I think when he had Moiya's daughter kidnapped, he had her stashed somewhere in the graveyard crypts (no idea where now, but not Bodhi's complex).

He was in the Copper Coronet, until he wasn't.  The kidnappings etc were done with/by flunkies.

EET adds removing script blocks to the BG1 NPCs in the BGII part of the game if they weren't in the party upon transition (or something).

These blocks are added to their BG1 script. The idea is, that BG1 NPCs with their BG1 script should not be around in BGII. If they ahve a BGII content their script should be changed to the BGII one. If the NPCs are BG1 only they should despawn in BGII.

In case that is what happens to you.

From Irenicus' "There is no battle, no heroics. Only sleep." (State 34, PPIRENI.DLG)
Response 76
     Flags
     (Trigger(1)Action(2)Terminates dialoge (3))
Response trigger 36
     OR(2)
!Global("Kachiko_Saved","GLOBAL",2)
Global("TT_Evil_Path","GLOBAL",3)
Action 32
SetGlobal("AsylumPlot","GLOBAL",20)
DisplayString(Myself,50707)
Spell(Myself,DO_NOTHING)
ActionOverride("A7Afaaq",RemoveFamiliar())
ChangeEnemyAlly("A7Afaaq",NEUTRAL)
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutSceneEx("Cut41g",FALSE)

Response 77
     Flags
Response trigger 37
     IsValidForPartyDialogue("Valygar")
Action 33
Spell(Myself,DO_NOTHING)
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutSceneEx("u!cut41g",FALSE)

Response 78
     Flags
Response trigger 38
     !IsValidForPartyDialogue("Valygar")
Action 34
Spell(Myself,DO_NOTHING)
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutSceneEx("Cut41g",FALSE)

Response 79
     Flags
Response trigger 39
Global("Kachiko_Saved","GLOBAL",2)
Action 34
Spell(Myself,DO_NOTHING)
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutSceneEx("vp41g",FALSE)

So, Global "Kachiko_Saved" is 2, Global "TT_Evil_Path" doesn't exist, and Valygar isn't in my party.

After changing global "Kachiko_Saved" to 0, the cutscene worked properly.

The confrontation with the spirit of Bhaal in the dream needed some careful management.  Sometimes he wouldn't enter the building, sometimes the cutscene never ended and I kept beating on him, but finally I had an attempt that worked properly.

And, this time, the cutscene with Bodhi moving me to the labyrinth worked properly as well.  So, onward we go!

The enemy randomizer may need some work to address which creatures in which locations are 'essential.'

I mean, it's one thing to walk into the mind flayer lair beneath Athkatla, and there's almost no mindflayers or thralls there.

But in the Spellhold labyrinth, there's a zone where the Apparition who transports you to the next stop doesn't appear until you've killed 2 each of types of Skeleton Warriors.  So if there aren't any skeleton warriors, you'll have to use the console.

Likewise, there's a machine in which you have to deposit the head of a troll.  I've got several in my bags, because I met this troll as far back as early BG1.  But if I didn't have one, I'd have had to use the console to get one, because the troll whose head you need isn't here.

Almost done with Chapter 4/16!

I'm in the Sahuagin city.  The guards sounded the alarm, the king went hostile, I killed him.  The prince showed up but is unresponsive.

I checked the conditions for his dialogue:
Global("RebelsAttack","AR2300",2)
Dead("Sahkng01")

My Global didn't advance from 1; changing it to 2 with the console did not change anything.

And not sure how to check or change the "Sahkng01" variable with the console.  Spawning a new one and killing it caused the Prince go become hostile.

(I can open savegames from other installs with NI, but not this one; and I don't trust EEKeeper)

Spoke too soon.  I couldn't talk to the Prince who showed up when I killed the king, but there was another prince standing by the pit to the Underdark, and I got the expected dialogue clicking him.

So, commencing Chapter 5/17:
Day 829
Companions:  Kivan, Branwen, Kova, Kiyone, Driz'zt, Afaaq, Grey, Brandock
XP: 3,516,976/class (21/20/21)
Body Count: 12,904
Gold:  535,802

On 10/27/2022 at 4:52 PM, Oloriniel said:

The enemy randomizer may need some work to address which creatures in which locations are 'essential.'

I mean, it's one thing to walk into the mind flayer lair beneath Athkatla, and there's almost no mindflayers or thralls there.

But in the Spellhold labyrinth, there's a zone where the Apparition who transports you to the next stop doesn't appear until you've killed 2 each of types of Skeleton Warriors.  So if there aren't any skeleton warriors, you'll have to use the console.

Likewise, there's a machine in which you have to deposit the head of a troll.  I've got several in my bags, because I met this troll as far back as early BG1.  But if I didn't have one, I'd have had to use the console to get one, because the troll whose head you need isn't here.

The enemy randomizer makes no attempt at keeping things lore-friendly. Maybe in a later release.

I've looked through the area files and don't see or remember any area in Spellhold that has Skeleton Warriors that you need to kill, can you provide some more info on this one?

I've fixed the issue with the troll that drops his head, it was an oversight with the EET component and had already been fixed in normal BG2