Mod Order/Feedback request

2 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

Mods Affecting QD_MC#20.SPL

Sorry, that was a typo, I meant QD_MCF20.spl.  (The 'F' means it  affects fighter multiclasses.)

From the CLAB file I see these being applied to fighters (and thus to multiclass fighters as well) at 20th level:

• MO#APB01.spl (a Morpheus prefix - probably from the Skills and Abilities mod?)
  • C0FIG03.spl (an AionZ prefix - maybe from the Artisan Kitpack Fighter Overhaul?)

Both of those mods are full of tweaks that could, theoretically, affect fighter proficiencies. If it's not happening because of one of those two spells, then it must be something in QD_MCF20.spl.

Well, on top of everything else, I've managed to lose Brandock.

No idea where, but it was some time today.  I thought he survived the final battle with the Cowled Wizards, but there's a 4 day gap between the last save with him and the first without, and that's in the time frame.

I can open savegames from other installs with NI, but they still crash on this run, so I can't use that to narrow it down.  Is there a spawncode for party members not in the party?  It also means I won't be recovering my GrandMasteries, since I'm not sure I'm willing to risk using EEKeeper to do it; pretty sure that's why I'm not getting my feats.

Since I *have* dealt with the cowled wizards for the last time, I've gone ahead and summoned Uncle Donny for Ryberg, and can knock out that quest.  I've found the missing mage for "Unsanctioned Use of Magical Energy," but now I'm supposed to find and search the Cowled Wizards Apartments, and have no idea where those are.  

The Book Club in the Tangled Oak Isle had a tragic end :(  But the Gibbering Twelve are no more!

Lots of loose ends being tied up.

8 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

Since I *have* dealt with the cowled wizards for the last time, I've gone ahead and summoned Uncle Donny for Ryberg, and can knock out that quest.  I've found the missing mage for "Unsanctioned Use of Magical Energy," but now I'm supposed to find and search the Cowled Wizards Apartments, and have no idea where those are.

Which mod is this? I'm assuming The Cowled Menace.

EDIT: wait - you dealt with Cowled Wizards and Brandock went hiding? rofl Charachter design seems to go deeper than I could imagine!

No luck with that console command, alas:

C:Eval(MoveGlobalObject("C#Brandock",Player1))
[string "C:Eval(MoveGlobalObject(C#Brandock",Player1)..."]:1:attempt to call global 'MoveGlobalObject' (a nil value)

And not "The Cowled Menace."  I think that's only in play in giving the Cowled Wizards who harass me for casting arcane spells without a license some loot.

In vanilla content, Zallanora's one of the Cowled Wizards in that final assault (which I've just done).  But after facing them I visited the graveyard, where there's another Zallanora buffing and awaiting me (I think the Cowled Menace triggers this if you ask about her at the Government building).  That's the one from The Cowled Menace, I'm pretty sure.  Of course, it's entirely probable that a wizard as powerful as she is has set up clones and contingencies to survive death, and would want revenge!

As to finding the Cowled Wizards Apartments?  That's CtB.  Playing a female mage, after you complete the Planar Sphere stronghold quests,  CW at the govt' building wants you to find an unlicensed mage ("An Unsanctioned Use of Magical Energy."  After you do it, the mage who gave you the quest can be found at the Den of Seven Vales.  There he gives you some fetch quests--at the aforementioned apartments, which I can't find.  Or, alternatively, you can sleep with them, which yields the infamous uncurable STD.

1 hour ago, Oloriniel said:

which yields the infamous uncurable STD

I was like, "why only a female mage?" until I read that. Wow, now that's real honest non-pc content! lol

Thanks for the info, I'm always curious about content for the CW because of Brandock and it seems there is still a lot that I'm not aware of.

EDIT: Does anyone know which commands get executed in the Cheat console with EVAL?

On 7/15/2022 at 3:53 PM, Graion Dilach said:

Regarding weidu.conf, I'd add it to the static backup.

You see, I have a static backup of the games here locally, which are the current Steam releases of the games + NearInfinity + mod inis and this weidu.conf preplaced (it's all in a tar actually).

Every time I reinstall, I just rename my previous folders, untar my static backup to take over the previous paths, launch Project Infinity and drop in my install order to install, with optionally deleting the previous now-renamed folder(s) in parallel. (I chose tar, because untarring is faster than a copy operation - it involves less antivirus overheads, because the source is only one file). Having a preset backup is faster to set up the config afterall.

Regarding InfinityLoader - I think your antivirus program deleted the launcher.

Thanks for the indications. I was just deleting the gamefolder and paste a backup copy of the unmodded uncompressed gamefolder. It also does the job.

Is there a noticeable difference between a .zip or .7zip file over a .tar ?

How do you do with those mod inis ? I never investigate those files.

On 10/14/2022 at 8:12 AM, Oloriniel said:

No luck with that console command, alas:

C:Eval(MoveGlobalObject("C#Brandock",Player1))
[string "C:Eval(MoveGlobalObject(C#Brandock",Player1)..."]:1:attempt to call global 'MoveGlobalObject' (a nil value)

And not "The Cowled Menace."  I think that's only in play in giving the Cowled Wizards who harass me for casting arcane spells without a license some loot.

In vanilla content, Zallanora's one of the Cowled Wizards in that final assault (which I've just done).  But after facing them I visited the graveyard, where there's another Zallanora buffing and awaiting me (I think the Cowled Menace triggers this if you ask about her at the Government building).  That's the one from The Cowled Menace, I'm pretty sure.  Of course, it's entirely probable that a wizard as powerful as she is has set up clones and contingencies to survive death, and would want revenge!

As to finding the Cowled Wizards Apartments?  That's CtB.  Playing a female mage, after you complete the Planar Sphere stronghold quests,  CW at the govt' building wants you to find an unlicensed mage ("An Unsanctioned Use of Magical Energy."  After you do it, the mage who gave you the quest can be found at the Den of Seven Vales.  There he gives you some fetch quests--at the aforementioned apartments, which I can't find.  Or, alternatively, you can sleep with them, which yields the infamous uncurable STD.

So if I got this right, you killed Zallanora in the last wave of the Cowled Wizards right? Was that your first encounter with her?

I think something may have gone wrong here. What exactly is "CtB"? I wasn't aware that another mod was playing with Cowled Wizards stuff.

Edited by Daxtreme
3 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

So if I got this right, you killed Zallanora in the last wave of the Cowled Wizards right? Was that your first encounter with her?

I think something may have gone wrong here. What exactly is "CtB"? I wasn't aware that another mod was playing with Cowled Wizards stuff.

Yes, my first encounter with Zallanora was my final encounter with Cowled Enforcers, after casting spells in Athkatla without a license.

After this, I destroyed the Twisted Rune enclave in Athkatla.  After doing so, Laeral teleported in, and we had a second discussion.  I'm pretty sure "Zallanora" came up in the first discussion - in Baldur's Gate - because that's how I knew the name to enquire about her at the Government building.  But she came up again this time.

Zallanora had previously been in the Graveyard District - given away by her buffs - and I hadn't chosen to confront her yet.  But I did so now.

Both Zallanora's dropped an item that enables one to cast Time Stop once per day.  Not sure they both work; when I had both in my inventory, 1 had a little "1" by it to indicate 1 charge, the other did not.  So I'm guessing it doesn't matter how many copies you have in your inventory, it's effectively unique and you can use 1 of them, once per day.

As for "CtB", that's "Check the Bodies," a very old megamod.

Other stuff that tweaks the Cowled Wizards includes the Expanded Planar Sphere.

If it's once per day, then resting should recharge the one that doesn't show a charge. Charged items need to have their number of current charges specified in the creature/container file that has them or the effect that creates them; otherwise, they'll default to empty. This is an easy mistake for mods to make.

Or maybe one version of her used the item? That can happen even with generic scripts if it's in the right spot; the wizard in the "North Forest" area used his scroll of Time Stop because of a generic "use items in quicklots because they're probably potions" script in my last playthrough.

Though in this case, I suspect it's also a mistake that you have two of them instead of one.

All right.  I'm nearly done with content that can be completed in Chapter II (14).

Note to self:  There's content at the Talossian temple (rescuing a child's father for Xan, a Talossian priest along the way to find Dran Draggore for a quest from the Water Gardens).  If you've already killed Talossians as part of the war with the Lathandrites in the Cleric Stronghold quests, those don't appear to be completeable.

For the major mods--Selence wants me to get her money back, which means a visit to Brynnlaw, for SoS.
I need a scroll to cure maladies from the Umberlee Temple in Brynnlaw, for CtB.
I'll need to hunt down Jarlaxle and Artemis in the Deep Forest when I come back, for TDD.
I'll need to find Brother Martin in Brynnlaw, for RoT.
I need a vampire child's blood to continue FFT.

I've done virtually all of the quests in Lava's quest mods--I didn't get Foundling or Yvette (in fact I don't remember ever seeing the item that leads to finding her).
I knocked out the Tower of Deception, Ajoc's minimod...I may be missing something, but with a quick scroll through my weidu log, nothing's jumping out at me.

Except, BG1NPCSOA.  I've made my first visit to the Water Gardens.  Cleared the gladiator stuff.  Got Elminster's pipe, killed the Wizard for lady Goldsword.  The quill Volo wants is 10k platinum, which is 100k gold...I could sell enough stuff to do it, but I'm not sure it's worth it?

And, I'm supposed to find someone who can get a Talonite priest to talk to me about Dran Draggore.  Except that that priest is dead, killed during the war with the Lathandrites that's part of the Cleric Stronghold questline.  I consoled him in, but he's hostile, naturally...charming him doesn't give me useful dialogue options.

So, checking his dialogue file, I see options where he asks me if I've gotten a necklace he wants...but nothing in which he ever asks me to get said necklace.

Might set variables and continue anyway; perusing variables, it looks like the dude I'm looking for is in Windspear, as is the bad guy for the Maltese Artifact, plus I didn't kill  Firkraag...maybe I'll just move on to Chapter 3 and see how I feel when I'm back from the Underdark (spoiler--I may be eager to end the run and move on to a new CHARNAME, to see the new Gorgon's Eye and newly compatible Vanishing of Skie)

6 hours ago, Oloriniel said:

Yes, my first encounter with Zallanora was my final encounter with Cowled Enforcers, after casting spells in Athkatla without a license.

After this, I destroyed the Twisted Rune enclave in Athkatla.  After doing so, Laeral teleported in, and we had a second discussion.  I'm pretty sure "Zallanora" came up in the first discussion - in Baldur's Gate - because that's how I knew the name to enquire about her at the Government building.  But she came up again this time.

Zallanora had previously been in the Graveyard District - given away by her buffs - and I hadn't chosen to confront her yet.  But I did so now.

Both Zallanora's dropped an item that enables one to cast Time Stop once per day.  Not sure they both work; when I had both in my inventory, 1 had a little "1" by it to indicate 1 charge, the other did not.  So I'm guessing it doesn't matter how many copies you have in your inventory, it's effectively unique and you can use 1 of them, once per day.

As for "CtB", that's "Check the Bodies," a very old megamod.

Other stuff that tweaks the Cowled Wizards includes the Expanded Planar Sphere.

Yeah there definitely is a bug introduced by another mod.

First of all, you're not supposed to be able to actually kill her at the point you did, she's supposed to Time Stop and teleport away (like vanilla install Zallanora, except with dialogue and stuff). Even using the console KILL command dealing 9999 damage every 0.1 seconds I can't kill her, so that means another mod's script removed whatever was preventing her from dying (MinHP1 ring). You can kill her sometimes at that point, but it depends where you are in the story, and you weren't there yet.

You're also not supposed to be able to kill her in the Graveyard district, let alone see her in advance because of buffs (I blame SCS for that one)

I'm tempted to remove her from the Graveyard district entirely if SCS does that. It's meant as a hint for later.

You should normally have her wardstone in your inventory since you killed her, you can go finish the quest in the crypts below the Graveyard district (the Undead crypts side-area within Bodhi's Lair, not the Lair itself)

A shame because you'll be missing Throne of Bhaal content (easily the mod's hardest fight), but there's no way around that now as you've killed her already. Basically, she's supposed to come back with a vengeance during Throne of Bhaal.

Thanks for trying it out with so many mods haha. Will have to look into it but at this point it seems likely I may never find what caused this.

Edited by Daxtreme

She didn't drop a wardstone.

I ran a changelog on Mage18Z.CRE:
00000: /* created or unbiffed */ ~COWLEDMENACE\SETUP-COWLEDMENACE.TP2~ 0 1000 // Main Component0.2.1
00001:  ~COWLEDMENACE\SETUP-COWLEDMENACE.TP2~ 0 2100 // Appropriate Items for High-Level Spellcasters0.2.1
00002:  ~MIH_EQ\SETUP-MIH_EQ.TP2~ 0 0 // Revised Corporal Undeadv5.1
00003:  ~UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK\SETUP-UNOFFICIAL ITEM PACK.TP2~ 1 4 // New Items
00004:  ~TOMEANDBLOOD\TOMEANDBLOOD.TP2~ 0 16 // Improved Identify spell (usable by Arcanist/Multi Sorcerers)0.9.33
00005:  ~EET_TWEAKS\EET_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 2051 // XP for killing creaturesDecrease to 75%1.12
00006:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 3505 // Wider selection of random scrolls34.3
00007:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components)34.3
00008:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6030 // Smarter Mages34.3
00009:  ~STRATAGEMS\SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ 0 6100 // Potions for NPCs34.3
00010:  ~TNT\TNT.TP2~ 0 59 // Fair fightsAlso remove undroppable items granting unfair advantages from all enemies | POWER USER component, consult readmev8.19
00011:  ~METWEAKS\METWEAKS.TP2~ 0 3210 // Make Infravision actually do somethingBoth 1 and 2
00012:  ~MIH_TWEAKS\SETUP-MIH_TWEAKS.TP2~ 0 6 // Give Monsters Bonus HPv2
00013:  ~ZGTWEAKS\ZGTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 12 // Add random arcane spell scrolls to arcane casters up until their highest memorized level1.4
00014:  ~ZGTWEAKS\ZGTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 22 // Add random arcane spell scrolls to divine casters up until their highest memorized level1.4
00015:  ~ZGTWEAKS\ZGTWEAKS.TP2~ 0 10000 // Bag of Spilling (move bugged supposed-to-be-available items to a bag in the creature's inventory)1.4
00016:  ~SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES\SKILLS-AND-ABILITIES.TP2~ 0 312 // Overhaul Proficiency System - Add New Proficiencies and Weapon StylesAccelerated Proficiency Progressionv0.8.1-alpha
00017:  ~KLATU\SETUP-KLATU.TP2~ 0 1050 // Appropriate XP Rewards for Cowled Enforcers1.7

Maybe this will help. The TNT component stands out as something that might remove a min 1 hp item?