Mod Order/Feedback request

4 minutes ago, argent77 said:

A single entry per companion is enough, as long as the script names are identical.

Great to know, thank you!

I'm not sure ctrl R won't break some of the effects I put on the 7th party member?

Grey is slower than the humanoid NPCs, that's a known problem on the EEs. It should be better upon levelling up.

Turning the autohaste on and off seems to have helped a bit; he's no longer regularly dropping so far behind he falls out of my field of vision.  Granted, that field of vision has been larger since I put the Circlet of Distant Shores on Garrick.  New item to me, but it's real nice to see bad guys with a little extra distance for spellcasters and archers!

Day 294
Brandock’s next step in restoring his book is the Temple of Oghma in Athkatla.

Day 295
We found and dealt with Tazok, who somehow survived our encounter with Sarevok, and also cleared out a zombie infestation on a nearby farm. We also found Winnski.  We arrested Tamoko, who committed suicide rather than face trial.

Day 296
Brandock’s had a breakthrough over his scroll-scribing phobia, and no longer needs the crutch of Firebead’s desk. Mendas of Waterdeep wants us to take ship to find the wreck of Balduran’s ship.And there’s a tour of Baldur’s Gate being organized in Ulgoth’s Beard.

Day 299
We gave a researcher in Nashkel the magic ice he needed, having found some on the Ice Island.

Day 301
Scar has been resurrected.

Day 302

We helped make Olivia’s dream come true, and dealt with the sirines and salamanders troubling a fishing village on the Northern Coast.

Day 303
We save Pandris, Reedrig, and several children from the orcs of the Fields of the Dead

Day 305

We rescued Keelor the Dwarf from gnolls. Koldar who warns us of the orcs gathered in the orcish sanctuary in the woods.

Day 310
After bringing him the bow he asked for, Haeball attacked us, seeking the Great Book of Unknowing.

Day 312
The Demons in the Cloudpeaks attacked us after we gave them the bow they asked for.  We killed them.  (Note--completion of this quest does not appear to leave an entry among the completed quests)

Day 313
We let Nadalin know he could safely return home to his village. He’s offered us the use of his fishing boat.

Day 314
We let his wife know that Pandris was safe, and gave the Lighthouse Spirit in Ulgoth’s Beard peace

Day 315
We’ve given the tanner two of the liqueurs he wants.

Open or New:
Increase Brandock's Lore Wisdom (Ch1; what finishes this?  His lore is up to 103!), Kivan and Tazok (Ch3 - looks like I missed my chance to close this one), A NOTICE (Ch3-I went back to the Belching Dragon with Flara and nothing happened, so not sure how this one closes either), Brandock Wants to Restore His Book (Ch3, part 1), the Locked Altar of Helm (Ch5), , Ingredients for the Seatower Mage (Ch5, still need the belladonna), Liqueur for the Tanner (Ch5, still need an item in Durlag's Tower), Notifying of Kin (Ch5, can't complete, the Harmons don't recognize Recorder's presence in the group), Brandock and his Half-Ogre Twin (Ch5), Brandock's Half-Ogre Troubles, (Ch5), Sarevok's Minions (still need Korlasz), Brandock Wants to Restore His Book (part 2), Durlag's Tower, the Reclusive Scholar, the Cult of the Black Hand, the Symbol of Helm, the Fields of the Dead.

*Now* I'm going to take that trip to Icewind Dale.  What else left before moving on to SoD?
The Grey Clan
Oversight/Section (from Dark Horizons)
The Twisted Rune in Baldur's Gate (from the Cowled Menace)
Balduran's Isle and Durlag's Tower
The portions of NTotSC that must be done after Durlag's Tower
The Driz'zt Saga, which I'm saving for the very last

And, if I can get them to work, the portions of Bone Hill and the Vault that are incompatible with Framed.  If I were a modder, I'd look at having Fabio show up, not just outside the exit from the Candlekeep Catacombs, but in the Flaming Fist prison (the Hooded Man's comings and goings would seem to indicate it's not warded against teleportation magic).  Instead of having to rely on Neb the child-killer to get out, he'll jailbreak you but you have to go back to Lendore Isle with him to solve the Baron's murder).

As for the Vault, the thief is looking not for the book Eltan gives you to get into Candlekeep, but something else in your possession.  The Great Book of the Unknowing comes to mind, but that's mod-added and I wouldn't want to create a dependency on something that isn't vanilla.

I'm aware that neither of these are officially EET compatible.  They've worked for me, mostly, but I'm not sure what I've got, probably Roxane's bootlegs.  But at some point, someone might want to overhaul them.

XP: 268,599/class (10/9/10)
Body Count: 4,356 (77% of current party total)
Current Party:  Xan, Ajantis, Kivan, Garrick, Drake, Brandock, Grey

Gold: 77,711

I don't think @tipun posts or comments here often; and I don't think many people here are particularly interested in or conversant with his adaptations of IWD.  Nonetheless, I'm going to record some comments and observations here, if only to make a record for my own memory and perhaps posterity.

First, as noted above, the mod is not compatible with the BG-BGT worldmap.  This may or may not be a real issue; I don't know what other items are still dependent on it, and it may no longer be in general use, despite its presence on the EET Compatibility list.

Second, when I downloaded these folders most recently in May, they did not appear to have been updated in a long time, so any feedback here may be redundant and have already been addressed.  It may also be intentional; for example,@tipun may have decided that an item was overpowered and he did not intend that it should be available.

The character in Ulgoth's Beard who should send you to Easthaven is missing.  This may have been in a separate mod; there was another item in the directory with the IWD and IWD2 downloads, but the link did not work for me.  I used the console to move to Easthaven; this likely means I will have to console back at the conclusion of the mod.

In my game, BELT06 is a Girdle of Beatification.  But by default in BG2/EET, it should be the Girdle of Hill Giant Strength.  Suspect your mod is overwriting it?

Yeti pelts can not be placed in a bag of holding.
Spell Diver (item code "DIVER"), found in a chest on Yxunomei's level of Dragon's Eye, is undroppable.

After killing Yxunomei, I found Arundel's impersonator as normal.  But when I went upstairs, instead of the real Arundel, I met the impersonator again as if for the first time (note, I've played this before without this happening).

37 minutes ago, Oloriniel said:

First, as noted above, the mod is not compatible with the BG-BGT worldmap.  This may or may not be a real issue; I don't know what other items are still dependent on it, and it may no longer be in general use, despite its presence on the EET Compatibility list.

Google translate on the ArcaneCoast starting post says the following:

"when using the Worldmap mod, install setup-worldmap_iwd_eet - a patch for the Worldmap mod (you need to install it, respectively, after the Worldmap mod)"

So... yes, this is intended and was even documented (although it shouldn't really be, since it coulda just adapt all the other mod's methodology of extending the Worldmap folder's contents for BP-BGT Worldmap to parse in, unless there's something more there which I'm overlooking).

Edited by Graion Dilach

Thanks, @Graion Dilach.  Found it, installed it, no effect.  I suppose I'd have had to install it prior to going to Easthaven, so it doesn't show in a saved game with the IWD content already in progress?

With Arundel, I was never able to spawn a version of him that was dying.

State 81: (wounded, dying) At last...I feared I could not hold any longer...th-the last of my life has almost left my body, and...soon I shall be restored to the balance.
State trigger 1
     GlobalGT("Sprite_is_deadYxunomei","Global",0)
Global("Dying_Arundel","LOCALS",1)

State 87:  Thank Silvanus you have returned!  Evil is afoot in Kuladahar.  Strange orcs prowl through town, killing our townspeople!
State trigger 0
     GlobalGT("Sprite_is_deadYxunomei","Global",0)
Global("Dying_Arundel","LOCALS",0)

So the only difference was that Dying_Arundel variable, but whether 0 or 1 I got State 87.  Again, this hasn't happened in prior runs.

In the Severed Hand, I was not able to access Lehland's shop.  And when talking to the librarian, he did not actually give me copies of the books I asked for.  These are issues I haven't had in prior runs either.

In Upper Dorn's Deep, Saablic Tan has the appearance of a demon wearing armor that looks (to me) Japanese and wield two scimitars.  I think, but am not sure, this is one of the endbosses of IWD2 (I don't remember that game well, having not played it in about 20 years).  This is a repeating issue every time I have played this mod (I think this is my 4th time through), and it actually affects *every* IWD umber hulk.

In Upper Dorn's Deep, the Celebrant's Blade, obtained with the Key at the Forge once the lich is dead, is undroppable.

After Clearing Wyrm's Tooth, I went back to Kuldahar, talked to Hjollder, and went off to Lonelywood.

On the Burial Isle, in one of the containers, Svian's Club ("SVIAN") is undroppable.

After unmasking "Wylfdene," I took Hobart up on his challenge and was whisked away to the Trials of the Luremaster.
I don't remember so many beholders!  But that may be a function of playing at the "Hardcore" setting.

The Storming Shield ("USHLD3B") from a container in TotLM is undroppable.

The names and descriptions of the rings of wizardry - Kontik's and Edion's--are both borked. I didn't try them on to see if they worked properly or not.

The mayor and his wife aren't killed by the assassin.

FInished up at Castle Luremaster, on my way back to Lonelywood and from there to the Sea of Moving Ice.

I am repeatedly crashing as I approach the tower; I never get to the deep gnome girl who has the key.

As I approach, the game pauses and I get a warning that there's a trap nearby.  It's not actually a detectable/removable trap.  Tried hiding in shadows/turning invisible, but those didn't help.  There may be a line of dialogue, something like "why don't you come try to assault the tower, moron!" or "hey stupid, get out of there!"

If I enter the area, the game crashes.  I'm guessing the culprit is one of the TNT components that affects trap detection/removal.