[IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 753 column 1-47
Near Text: ~%params_1%.2da~
    GLR parse error

[IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2]  ERROR at line 753 column 1-47
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

now i install BWP 19.2 with weidu 246

when I install IWDIFICATION v5 with weidu 246,i got the error message as follows:

In state 1402, I expected one of these tokens:
  [38] PLUS
  [64] LT
  [80] MINUS
  [107] BASR
  [136] RPAREN
  [138] GT
  [151] BXOR
  [162] DIVIDE
  [198] BLSR
  [223] BOR
  [229] BLSL
  [246] MODULO
  [250] QUESTION
  [253] TIMESTIMES
  [298] OR
  [319] AND
  [330] TIMES
  [338] EQUALSEQUALS
  [361] LTE
  [392] BAND
  [415] EQUALS
  [434] GTE
  [436] NOTEQUALS
Parse error (state 1402) at ~~

[IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2] PARSE ERROR at line 753 column 1-47
    GLR parse error

[IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2]  ERROR at line 753 column 1-47
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [IWDIFICATION/SETUP-IWDIFICATION.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

if i install with weidu 249 ,there isn't error message

can i install IWDIFICATION v5 with weidu 246,thank you so much

Merging these posts.

This error is caused by RESOURCE_CONTAINS, a new feature added in WeiDU v247--v246 errors out since it doesn't have this syntax. It will not install with v246 or earlier, and it's recommended to use the v249 it ships with.

Edited by CamDawg
4 minutes ago, CamDawg said:

Merging these posts.

This error is caused by RESOURCE_CONTAINS, a new feature added in WeiDU v247--v246 errors out since it doesn't have this syntax. It will not install with v246 or earlier, and it's recommended to use the v249 it ships with.

thank you so much

Reviving this thread as I'm trying to troubleshoot my install. Currently redoing my modlist and I've been running into some trouble with the spells from IWDification.

Among them is the error from this thread, thrown by the 246 installer for generalized_biffing. I need to use the 246 version as I'm also wanting to use Infinity Animations, which require that version according to documentation. Is there any way around this via install order, or am I at a wall here? I think I had a working version where Infinity Animations was installed after IWDification, but that means I don't get the updated models (such as Elementals on summoning spells) and I don't get the spells requiring IA such as Giant Insect.

You can use different WeiDU versions for different mods; the choice of WeiDU version is entirely local to the install process, and doesn't leave any marks on the finished product.

Also, I'm highly skeptical of any claims that a mod requires you not use a more recent WeiDU version. The development of WeiDU is a gradual accretion of features, which consistently has backwards compatibility.

I am aware of using different versions of WeiDU, but when using the 246 version for biffing it reports the same errors as in this thread, and it seems to jumble something (dialogue text ends up inside some spell/item descriptions). Uninstalling the biffing removes this issue (but tanks performance).

The issue with WeiDU versions was from this part of the Infinity Animations readme.

Image 280.png

47 minutes ago, DavidW said:

You should be able to

(1) install everything except generalized biffing using WEIDU v249

(2) copy WEIDU v246 over setup-generalized_biffing.exe and then run that.

There isn't a workaround to using the latest WEIDU with IWDification.

Afaik the legacy build of the latest WeiDU version should still correctly preserve filenames with non-ascii characters.

Download "WeiDU-Windows-*-x86-legacy.zip" from the latest WeiDU Release, unpack "weidu.exe" from the zip file and rename it to "setup-generalized_biffing.exe". Since it is the latest version it shouldn't be "fixed" by WeiDU's auto-update feature, so you don't even have to remove all the other setup executables.

Thank you @argent77, using the latest legacy version of WeiDU installs Generalized Biffing with Infinity Animations without errors or CTDs.

Since @DavidW is here anyway, is it possible to have the Green Icons for Summoning Spells available as a separate component of IWDification? I really like it for better UI readability and would like to install it as late as possible to make sure it overwrites. With my current install order it works for almost everything, but not for the Summon Monster series spells (overwritten by SR I assume).

Possibly. Will consider. (It would naturally live in Tweaks I suppose, so maybe you could ask CamDawg - though the way it's coded makes it a little tricky to extract from IWDSpells.)

EDIT: If @CamDawg did want to do this, the simplest implementation would just be to grab the recolored BAMs from the end of an IWDspells run and just copy them over, rather than trying to build them in situ.