Schools and Spheres

1 hour ago, polytope said:

Might it have been Fields of the Dead by Echon?

YES!

I searched my backup for FOTD and found it! The Read Me says:

The primary aim of this mod is to correct as many aspects of the game as possible according to AD&D 2E rules. This affects the NPCs, creatures, items, spells and rules of the game. 

Recommended Installation order:

Baldur's Gate
Tales of the Sword Coast
TotSC Patch 5512
Baldurdash (optional)
Dudleyville (optional)
Ease of use (optional)
The Fields of the Dead
Other WeiDU mods (optional) 

YAY!

PLEASE tell me he also did it for BG2!  😁

Do I have to start a new game if I do this?

1 hour ago, polytope said:

In my experience neither at the BG1-ToTSC XP cap, nor the SoA cap, nor even the ToB XP cap. 161k xp split between two classes still doesn't get you 5th circle druidic spells and 2.95M xp is just short of being able to cast those of 7th circle.

Well, there are videos of playthroughs where she gets that high. I played a dual classed human Fighter 9/Druid 10 once and got to 3 million XP. But that was without the XP for the new EE DLC.

Also, I found BG Tutu images of the world map. Which EE mods do this?

image.thumb.jpeg.3f691849fd5eff83b7a94f120597ad6a.jpeg

Thank you SO much!  😁

Edited by Shadowblade
On 8/30/2022 at 3:56 PM, Shadowblade said:

Also, I found BG Tutu images of the world map. Which EE mods do this?

None. that's the original BG1(+TotSC) map. That Tutu probably just replaced it's worldmap with. 😆

On 8/30/2022 at 3:56 PM, Shadowblade said:

I played a dual classed human Fighter 9/Druid 10 once and got to 3 million XP.

That's entirely possible if you sleep/cheat in the BG1 story, as you get well enough amounts of xp via rest interruptions, or just summon demons or the like.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola
1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

None. that's the original BG1(+TotSC) map. That Tutu probably just replaced it's worldmap with. 😆

Then why is the map in BG1 EE a horrible parchment and ink drawing, in sepia, black and white? I had this saved as something like BG1TutuMap.jpg. I made it with multiple screenshots. The map in BG1 EE is not even scaled the same, the distance from High Hedge to the coastal area below Candlekeep is like two or three times the distance, making it look like there are areas missing.

I joined this site in 2007, and I must admit I never played without things like TutuFix, Dudleyville, Field of the Dread and so on. At least, I don't remember playing without them. So my memory might be hazy, but in BG1 EE, it's barely possible to even see if you've been to an area. The only thing that changes is the colour of the area label, and most of the areas are unlabelled!

1 hour ago, Jarno Mikkola said:

That's entirely possible if you sleep/cheat in the BG1 story, as you get well enough amounts of xp via rest interruptions, or just summon demons or the like.

I meant that I exported the Fighter to BG2 and dual-classed to Druid when he reached Fighter 9, and then he got to at least 3 million XP as Druid.  I could have dual-classed in BG1 at Fighter 8, but I wanted the extra weapon proficiency slot, THAC0 -1 and so on. I think he got to 6 million, but it's been a while.

I DID used to clear every map, and sometimes walk around in a spiral so monsters would respawn. It was a good way to get more XP and item drops to sell for gold! 😁 But I certainly did not do that enough to get 3 million XP!

And sometimes we'd get attacked while sleeping in the wilderness, but I didn't "cheat" it. I didn't know I could!  😀

Cheers!

The original BG1 map is also a sepia parchment, lacking colors. It's actually this one:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/baldursgategame/images/a/a7/Swordcoast.gif/revision/latest?cb=20120109153451

The EE map is clearly designed after it.

That map is thirdparty. I also never played witth TuTu so I can easily believe someone from the Tutu team put that together.

6 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

The original BG1 map is also a sepia parchment, lacking colors.

So what did the other guy mean?

Just that no BG EE mods make a map like this?

Thanks for that link. I've always really loved Baldur's Gate and have played it a zillion times with many different races and classes. The only thing about it I didn't like was the non-cannon spheres and schools. I hated them so much, it was almost a deal breaker for me.

But not quite!  😁

EET has a map that seems to be adapted from that one mentioned as being from tutu. It covers both BG1 and BG2 areas very nicely. I don’t know if there is a BGEE-only version… maybe? I do agree that the vanilla BGEE map is really bad - especially so on an iPad, where mouse hover and right-clicks and other GUI mechanisms are missing. Playing the BG1 campaign with the EET map in my current game has been really nice. 

18 hours ago, Shadowblade said:

Sadly, that link doesn't work.

Cheers!

It works if you remove the /revision... part and everything after of course.
Hmm... I have played a game with a map like the above, and I swear it wasn't with Tutu... must be memory problems from old age.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola