Problems with Big Karlini quest from Ascalon's questpack

After I delivered Karlini's book to Bombastus he was supposed to spawn in Lion's way area near the site of Gorion's murder. He is not there and when I summoned  him with console he just repeats his FAI dialogue. Is there any way to change state of his dialogue to NumTimesTalkedToGT(1) with console?

1 hour ago, Graion Dilach said:

You triggered the Xzar loop bug. The best fix is to open the area script (AR2700.bcs/BG2700.bcs) with NI, find the Xzar block in it and apply a Continue() at the end of it.

I edited AR2700 area script, summoned Bombastus, gave him the book, left the area and returned back, again he is missing and when summoned same old FAI talk. Game is 2.6.6 BGEE:SoD, mod version 4.3. 

Edited by Greenhorn
Guest Graion@Work

If you applied the Continue() to the end of the Xzar block - the same way the Montaron block looks like nearby - then you shouldn't have needed to manually summon Ygnatz and he should've appeared on his own after the next map visit. I might have been confusing on this, but this depends on the 6 sec ticks the game runs the area scripts with - Ygnatz's block gets evaulated on the first time Xzar's loop allow to get past on itself with a Continue().

3 hours ago, Guest Graion@Work said:

If you applied the Continue() to the end of the Xzar block - the same way the Montaron block looks like nearby - then you shouldn't have needed to manually summon Ygnatz and he should've appeared on his own after the next map visit. I might have been confusing on this, but this depends on the 6 sec ticks the game runs the area scripts with - Ygnatz's block gets evaulated on the first time Xzar's loop allow to get past on itself with a Continue().

Strange that I didn't see this when I replied hour ago, probably time needed for guest message approval. Be that as it may, cursed gnome didn't appeared. Perhaps the reason was when I summoned him the first time and he repeated his initial dialogue I told him to shut up and get lost as I was seriously tempted to kill him just for fun but I didn't want risking to fall with my Mage hunter ranger. I got journal entry with finished quest stating that we refused any further dealings with him. I repeated whole quest several times after I edited area script, summoning him, giving the book, leaving and returning to area but every time he wasn't there. Only mucking with NI helped to solve this and allowed me to play quiz with that tortured soul. :p

3 hours ago, Greenhorn said:

Is it possible to force "ActionOverride SetNumTimesTalkedTo" with console?

If yes, then

CLUAConsole:SetNumTimesTalkedTo(1)

while the mouse curser hovers over the character in question (because it's a local variable) would be the syntax.

I'm not sure it's in the cheats, though.

41 minutes ago, jastey said:

If yes, then

CLUAConsole:SetNumTimesTalkedTo(1)

while the mouse curser hovers over the character in question (because it's a local variable) would be the syntax.

I'm not sure it's in the cheats, though.

Thanks Jastey, I will try it eventually, tried couple of times last night but every time was some error, like null value, global or whatever. It is not in cheats. But since it is EE game probably instead of CLUAConsole should be  C: instead?

Edited by Greenhorn

I like how the post made the combination of C and : to a smiley. :)

Yes, for the EE you can shorten the CLUAConsole to C, I didn't read up on which game you are on.

If it throws errors then I guess it's not supported. I'd be surprised if there is no way to set this, though, especially on the EEs.

1 minute ago, jastey said:

I like how the post made the combination of C and : to a smiley. :)

Yes, for the EE you can shorten the CLUAConsole to C, I didn't read up on which game you are on.

If it throws errors then I guess it's not supported. I'd be surprised if there is no way to set this, though, especially on the EEs.

Heh, thanks. :)

In the EEs at least you can run script actions from the console with "C:Eval()"

On an iPad, there is no mouse to hover over someone so doing this sort of stuff requires stuff like "C:Eval(ActionOverride(Player1,SetNumTimesTalkedTo(Myself,1)))"

...except there needs to be quotes around some of that stuff, though it's not clear which, and capitalization and correctly placed parens, etc. etc. Oh, and if one little thing is off, you have to type the whole thing from scratch, every time, with a virtual keyboard. It's terrible.

Anyhoo, is there something that can be fixed in the mod itself? I'd like fix it in my local copy so the next time I install this sort of stuff is not necessary.