Baldurs Gate Graphical Overhaul BGGO for EET, BGT (Tutu, BGEE)

Good news. I have got the following versions to run without the red glow. EET, BG1EE and BGT. With 24 bit it worked for me.

To test it, please copy the file in the attachment into the following folder bggo/base/bmpLN/ee or non-ee and reinstall BGGO. Copying into the override folder is not enough. If this works for you, then I will convert them all to 24 bit.

BG2600LN.bmp

Then the question is how it looks with the LM files.

On 3/11/2024 at 6:41 AM, Weigo said:

Good news. I have got the following versions to run without the red glow. EET, BG1EE and BGT. With 24 bit it worked for me.

To test it, please copy the file in the attachment into the following folder bggo/base/bmpLN/ee or non-ee and reinstall BGGO. Copying into the override folder is not enough. If this works for you, then I will convert them all to 24 bit.

BG2600LN.bmp 300.13 kB · 5 downloads

Then the question is how it looks with the LM files.

Hello @Weigo

I installed the mod with converted night map of BG2600LN. The red glow disappeared.
As a test, I converted the night map of AR0700 to 24bit bmp. The green glow does not appear anymore.

(Tested on BG1EE SOD beamdog version)

Weigo, thank you for your tenacity in resolving the issue.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Salk said:

Just to make it clear, this issue affected both EE and classic game?

It affected both engines.

This post was sent to me by another forum. That's why I had to do it again, as game crashes are always bad.

I looked at this again in the binary and noticed that a different routine is used for 4- and 8-bit bitmaps, which checks the boundaries properly and simply returns 0 if anything is outside them.
For 24-bit bitmaps, on the other hand, there is the assertion check, which apparently even has an error in it, as there are still out-of-bounds accesses.
(It checks for y > height, but y should be >= height).

So my new recommendation would be to use 8-bit bitmaps for the lightmap, just as the areas from the original game probably do.

Please try this file again, if it works, then we have solved it with 8-bit lightmaps.

BG0700LN.BMPBG2600LN.bmp

To test it, please copy the file in the attachment into the following folder bggo/base/bmpLN/ee or non-ee and reinstall BGGO. Copying into the override folder is not enough.

If it works, then the error was my colour depth conversion program.

Edited by Weigo
2 hours ago, Weigo said:

It affected both engines.

This post was sent to me by another forum. That's why I had to do it again, as game crashes are always bad.

Please try this file again, if it works, then we have solved it with 8-bit lightmaps.

BG0700LN.BMP 224.84 kB · 1 download BG2600LN.bmp 300.05 kB · 1 download

If it works, then the error was my colour depth conversion program.

I tested again with these files on a clean BG1ee SOD setup (beamdog version/ without any other mods).

The red and green glow does not appear.

I'm slowly getting old and senile. I completely overlooked the fact that I took the two image files out of the directory that were not yet converted to 8-bit because of the three different installations I have running.🫣
@ParysSorry for the work this morning.

Here are the two image files in 8-bit

BG0700LN.BMPBG2600LN.bmp

To test it, please copy the file in the attachment into the following folder bggo/base/bmpLN/ee or non-ee and reinstall BGGO. Copying into the override folder is not enough.

12 hours ago, Weigo said:

I'm slowly getting old and senile. I completely overlooked the fact that I took the two image files out of the directory that were not yet converted to 8-bit because of the three different installations I have running.🫣
@ParysSorry for the work this morning.

Here are the two image files in 8-bit

BG0700LN.BMP 75.98 kB · 0 downloads BG2600LN.bmp 101.05 kB · 0 downloads

@Weigo

Hello,

No problem at all :)

I have tested these two 8-bit image files on clean installation of bg1ee sod without any other mods.

The red and green glow does NOT appear as well.

I would also like to mention that I noticed when installing the mod (bg1ee sod beamdog version) using your modified macros.tpa file, the installer reports that it cannot find the file to copy, but fortunately continues the further installation. This situation repeats several times for different AR files to copy. After the installation everything seems to be fine. Should I be worried?

I didn't notice any other graphic artifacts besides this one. I mentioned this in earlier post.

AN30skC.jpeg

Edited by Parys
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Parys said:

I have tested these two 8-bit image files on clean installation of bg1ee sod without any other mods.

The red and green glow does NOT appear as well.

Super. That's wonderful.

1 hour ago, Parys said:

I didn't notice any other graphic artifacts besides this one. I mentioned this in earlier post.

That was an error in the tis file. I had to convert it manually by hand, as there are a lot of door and water parts, and I probably got a tile too far to the right :) Now it's fixed.

1 hour ago, Parys said:

I would also like to mention that I noticed when installing the mod (bg1ee sod beamdog version) using your modified macros.tpa file, the installer reports that it cannot find the file to copy, but fortunately continues the further installation. This situation repeats several times for different AR files to copy. After the installation everything seems to be fine. Should I be worried?

The mos file is only meant for the minimap.

Weidu doesn't seem to be able to extract the mos file from the original bif file. (Thats the error message, and the revised macros.tpa does not cancel the installation). With my BG1EE version the mos files can be extracted.
But that shouldn't be a problem as the file exists in the game.
The new and revised mos maps are already copied by the installation.

Thanks again for your support.

I uploaded the newest fixes on github.

https://github.com/SpellholdStudios/BGGOEET

Edited by Weigo

Hi there.

I was trying to install this following the instructions on one of the GH issues: "Download everything and copy any setup-xxx.exe file from another mod and rename it to setup-bggo.exe. Then you should be able to install it without any problems. "

Did so but I get this error.
Even tried to grab all files from the bggo folder and paste loose them into the BGEE folder since it has a .tp2 file, but got the same message.

For reference, here's what the folder looks like after I extract is. The WeiDU installer was created by me.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: It was the silliest issue ever, my installer had the double .exe extension that I didn't noticed when copy pasting. It's resolved :)

Edited by neuroghast

I am currently on a business trip and can only guess from the picture with the error. It says setup-bggo.exe.exe and only an exe actually belongs there. But that's just a remote diagnosis. I won't be back at my computer until next week.

some mods are supported, BST, GavinNpc , Lure of Sirines Call come to mind. All other mods that add content should be installed after BGGO and preferably the areas should be patched and not overwritten. Mod own maps do not matter