Baldurs Gate Graphical Overhaul BGGO for EET, BGT (Tutu, BGEE)

The reddish colour is due to the night lightmap.

BG2300LN.bmp

@Parys

Test the installation with this macros.tpa with the original version, which breaks off at BG3800 or AR3800. My suspicion is that it somehow can't access the bif files to extract the mos files.

I can't test it unfortunately as my versions of BG work.
BG2, BG2+BGT(ToB GoG and original CD version), BG2EE+EET, BG2EE, BG1EE
EE is the Steam version

@Weigo

I tested the intallations with this new macros.tpa and everything has gone well. Thank you.

I have found a graphical glitch on AR1200  night map (tested on: BG1EESOD beamdog version and BG1EE without SOD Steam version)

F6uTPsg.jpeg

I would like to ask do you know any way I could turn this red glow off?

You mentooned that the reddish colour is due to the night lightmap, is it possible to turn it off via Near Infinity?

Edited by Parys
3 minutes ago, Parys said:

I tested the intallations with this new macros.tpa and everything has gone well.

hmm, did you just overwrite old macros.tpa with new one? i just did the same, but still get red glow in friendly arm inn area

@Probe88

Unfortunatelly, it did not solve the problem of red glowing

This macros.tpa is a workaround for an error i constantly encountered during my installation process of BGOO mod on BG1EESOD beamdog version game.

This macross.tpa I have placed in the bggo\lib directory.

Edited by Parys
4 minutes ago, Parys said:

This macros.tpa is a workaround for an error i constantly encountered during my installation process of BGOO mod on BG1EESOD beamdog version game.

oh, sorry, missunderstood you :)

I've done a bit of research.
Couldn't the red glowing also be the Infravision? Can you please select a character without infravision (human) and see if that's still the case?

@Parys

I'm glad that the installation is working now. I will add the revised code in the next update.

@Weigo

Thank you for your time.

I have tested this with my sorcerer human character on BG1EE without SoD (Steam Version) (clean install without any other mods beside BGOO)

This red glowing is more saturated than infravison glowing

When my charname is selected, he is glowing red.

But when i select Quayle (gnome) his infravision has proper subtle glowing

Human sorcerer selected:

2r9saLV.jpeg

Quayle selected:

Odm2Op3.jpeg

I also noticed that my character starts glowing green when he is in this location:

JInXNpn.jpeg

nBExrg0.jpeg

Are you able to reproduce this bug. 
For example, go to the shadow of a tree on the wyrmcrossing night map and you will notice this strange red glowing that appears on the human race wizard character which is completely different from the typical glowing during infravision.

Without BGOO installed, this anomally doesnt appear.

I'd like to help you track down the problem. Can I be of any help?

Edited by Parys

It looks like a night lightmap problem. I can reproduce it in lots of different places - in the Thieves Guild I can even make charname turn purple by pushing him/her into one particular corner. If that is the case, IMO the best course of action is to request reports of the problem and the area that the party is in. A screenshot would also be a great help. Checking every part of every LN lightmap just isn't feasible.

Edited by Yovaneth
1 hour ago, Yovaneth said:

It looks like a night lightmap problem. I can reproduce it in lots of different places - in the Thieves Guild I can even make charname turn purple by pushing him/her into one particular corner. If that is the case, IMO the best course of action is to request reports of the problem and the area that the party is in. A screenshot would also be a great help. Checking every part of every LN lightmap just isn't feasible.

This function (ps_bitmap_swap_pixel) can be used to swap the lightmap pixel codes from the offending value to another one using WeiDU, rather than searching thru each area manually.

Posted (edited)

I think this is a problem with the colours of the LN images. As far as I understand the function of the lightmaps, the animation graphics are coloured with the colours of the lightmaps (I don't know how this works in detail in the engine)

In the images we can see which lightmap colour causes red (left) and which green(right).

AR2600LN.jpg.9b2f8823106dc3f97d594d290d423a1e.jpgAR0700LN.jpg.b0eae18f2d81a24e35a27d9d25f95b38.jpg

To rework it with the function suggested by @Sam., we need a new matching colour for the palette. However, there is still a problem with the function, it is for 4bit colour palette bitmaps and the lightmaps are 8bit.
Nevertheless, we need matching colours for the lightmaps and we would need to revise 98 from ee version. The oBG version is then only a matter of form.

These are all lightmaps that have been revised by BGGO (.../bggo/base/bmpLN/ee).

Spoiler

allLN.thumb.jpg.103a35de406021d2af48c4e8ea8df5d1.jpg

Everyone is cordially invited to participate

Edited by Weigo
16 hours ago, Weigo said:

To rework it with the function suggested by @Sam., we need a new matching colour for the palette. However, there is still a problem with the function, it is for 4bit colour palette bitmaps and the lightmaps are 8bit.

I remembered the search map, height map, and light map all being 4-bit.  I remembered incorrectly:  only the search and height maps were 4-bit.  The light maps are 8-bit paletted, or (at least in the EEs) sometimes 24-bit.  For the 8-bit ones, I could make a function similar to ps_tileset_replace_palette_entry but for bitmaps instead of tilesets.  Handling 24-bit bitmaps isn't any more effort than adjusting the function to work on 8-bit BMPs.  Of course, all this hinges on the colors being used in the light maps being the root of the issue, and even if it is you'd still need to know the colors causing issues and the colors you'd like to remap them to.  Not so hard for 16-color (4-bit) palettes; much harder for 256-color (8-bit) palettes, unless Yovaneth used a standard set?; back to the drawing board for 16M colors (24-bit).

Edited by Sam.
Posted (edited)

It is very curious.
The BG2600LN.bmp with 8bit also produces the red colour effect with EET. The same file with 24 bit does not produce a red colour effect.

EET.thumb.jpg.860f3b539dc98fa2f9d82b5a6db70450.jpg
But with BG1EE the 24 bit again produces the red effect????

With BG0700 and the green effekt is the same.

Edited by Weigo