Baldurs Gate Graphical Overhaul BGGO for EET, BGT (Tutu, BGEE)

On 11/26/2023 at 4:15 AM, Sam. said:

Unless a valid reason is brought forth, I vote it stays.

The Door leads nowhere; adding it back seems a bit useless for a gameplay point of view. It is more of a restoration's content.

For me, as it has no real impact on gameplay, I would say, get it back if it is not too much work.

15 hours ago, Weigo said:

3.) with trap and with lock

If you plan to add it back, I would say do it like oBG1: a trap and a lock.

Anyway, thank you for your involvement in this!

Cheers

8 hours ago, Graion Dilach said:

That door isn't trapped in my GoG oBG install. It's likely an overvigorous BGT restoration.

EDIT: It isn't trapped in BGT 1.22 either. Where's that trap even from?

Unfortunately I don't know the oBG1 from GoG. But the original CD version from 97/98 has the locked and traped door. BGT (1.18 and 1.22) uses the ard014.are file directly imported from TotSC. So nobody has added the trap, it's the version of oBG.
My code states that if the door is present, it should not be changed.
And only if the door is missing, then it should be added.
I'm immediately on board with the working door and the lock, but I'm still a bit undecided about the trap, there are already many in the level.

Again I think discrepancies should be avoided when possible. Unless there's a specific reason, I'd restore the removed door with trap for EE.

One question: is the work practically complete now, Weigo? Or is there more to come?

Cheers and thanks for this gem!

Edited by Salk
17 minutes ago, Salk said:

Again I think discrepancies should be avoided when possible. Unless there's a specific reason, I'd restore the removed door with trap for EE.

I added the door with trap and lock.

One question: is the work practically complete now, Weigo? Or is there more to come?

The night Maps have all been added, there won't be any more.
At the moment that's all, unless there are more bugfixes to come, which I'm of course trying to solve.

The candles, flames and torches in the interior could still be tackled as a project at some point. There are still many, many rooms that could be done. But at the moment I've run out of steam (it's already been 8 months with a lot of time invested.) It would be nice if a few more people could get stuck in. The code is simple. You just have to add the coordinates.

Cheers and thanks for this gem!

I was happy to do that.

Edited by Weigo
22 minutes ago, Weigo said:

Is there a way to convert multiple ARXXXX.tis files to png or jpg format in one go without clicking on each one individually?

You could try NI's Mass Exporter. There is an option to "Export MOS/PVRZ/TIS as PNG". You can further restrict the list of exported files by using regular expression in the resource name filter.

15 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Hi, it seems I cannot access the de'Arnise Hold area. 

Got this error.  https://ibb.co/bzPcSz3

The fault has already been identified. Over the next few days, I will take care of AR1300N.wed and reconstruct the doors. Somehow it has entered doors 1, 3 and 6 several times and deleted the others. The error only occurs with the AR1300N map. AR1304N runs without problems.
Have I ever mentioned that wed files are shitty to edit ;)