Baldurs Gate Graphical Overhaul BGGO for EET, BGT (Tutu, BGEE)

@moggadeet would you post your weidu.log so we can see how you installed BST vs. BGGO?

@Weigo my first guess is that BGGO should be installed before BST so BST doesn't "grab" the B1000 numbers for its own area in EET. At least that would be my brief understanding of what happened. The "do not overwrite PVRZ naming scheme" function is the a7_pvrz_tis.tpa in BST's lib folder.

EDIT: If it makes any sense for adding night areas, BGGO should use the function too, probably.

This will be due to the fact that the night map does not exist in BGEE and ET and therefore BST is installed with the PVRZ index of 0. BGGO uses the same index numbering from the day map.

As far as I know, with the argent77 PVRZ function for free indices you can also specify at which index it should start. That means, if we add this to BST, it should always work.

Zeile 1572 in der setup-bst.tp2

LPF UPDATE_PVRZ_INDICES INT_VAR target_base_index = 8 RET original_base_index new_base_index END

I will test it tonight.

At the moment it is better to install BGGO first, then BST.

3 hours ago, Weigo said:

with the argent77 PVRZ function for free indices you can also specify at which index it should start. That means, if we add this to BST

I'd rather not add a fixed indices to this- the idea of the function is to not fixing the names? Plus, you can have the same error with any other mod that adds areas names Bxy000.are.

I'd rather specific BGGO needs to be installed before any other mods adding areas to BG:EE.

Hello, @Weigo!

I was in the process of installing BGGO before my local version of Jarl's Adventure Pack and I discovered that those .WED changes made to the Gnoll Fortress and Nashkel (AR3700.WED & AR4100.WED) might actually come from Jarl's Tweak Pack.

The ReadMe says:

- new Searchmap and Wallgroups for Nashkel (now you can enter the graveyard).
        - new Searchmap and Wallgroups for Gnoll Fortress (now you can enter the lower wall ring).

So my guess is that those changed .WED files allow the player to enter an area of the map that previously was not accessible. So, my question is: what happens if I install BGGO and then use Jarl's modified .WED files? What could happen?

A follow-up question: if it's recommended to not use those modified .WED files with BGGO, does it mean that the Searchmap part of the code for those areas is not needed? What I am trying to ask is: is there any point for the searchmap changes in those two areas if the .WED files are not changed too?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Salk said:

A follow-up question: if it's recommended to not use those modified .WED files with BGGO, does it mean that the Searchmap part of the code for those areas is not needed? What I am trying to ask is: is there any point for the searchmap changes in those two areas if the .WED files are not changed too?

@Salk

I will have a closer look at this over the next few days. Maybe we can get a compatibility so that we can install both mods together without problems.

Edited by Weigo

Hi Salk,

11 hours ago, Salk said:

So, my question is: what happens if I install BGGO and then use Jarl's modified .WED files? What could happen?

I have use both in my previous intall and I haven't seen any bugs. It was with bggoeet (previous version of bggo); if nothing as changed since, it should also work with last version.

Cheers

Edited by TotoR

Hi TotoR!

3 hours ago, TotoR said:

I have use both in my previous intall and I haven't seen any bugs. It was with bgoeet (previous version of bggo); if nothing as changed since, it should also work with last version.

Cheers

Thanks for the information. But perhaps the current BGGO has been adding material that makes that part not fully compatible. Weigo said he will take a look at it. :beer:

On 10/8/2023 at 9:56 AM, Salk said:

Without a new wed with the wall polygons you don't need a new searchmap.

On 10/8/2023 at 5:36 PM, TotoR said:

So, my question is: what happens if I install BGGO and then use Jarl's modified .WED files? What could happen?

The day map would work. With the night map you would not be able to enter a graveyard and a lower wall ring. Since the weds are overwritten.

My idea would be if we make everything compatible with each other. Regardless of the order. So far I could already implement this for Baldurans Seatower, for Lure of Sirines Call, TDDz and GavinNPC.

It is difficult to almost impossible to implement large wed patches. Gnoll Stronghold wed is easy, nothing changes. Only for Nashkel 28 wall polygons are added.

Sequence:
1. BGGO then Jarls: easy, we just overwrite the data and copy the day wed to the night wed and change the overlay names.

2. Jarl then BGGO: Then we would have to copy the wed from jarl.

I will try to program something suitable for both mods here.

Cheers

Hi,

13 hours ago, Weigo said:

The day map would work. With the night map you would not be able to enter a graveyard and a lower wall ring. Since the weds are overwritten.

I have no issues when using both toghether in this order : bggo (last version) then jarl. Day and night map allow you to go in the lower ring and enter the graveyard.

On 10/8/2023 at 10:56 AM, Salk said:

Without a new wed with the wall polygons you don't need a new searchmap.

The search map is the same for day and night maps. The issue of the WED modifications here would be pathfinder bugs and NPC going through walls at night...But, the wed changes done by Jarl are not really visible by players and maybe are not needed...

For the lower ring, it only alters some wall polygons of an exiting wall... it seems that it is was not really visible. For the graveyard, the new polygons prevent you from stepping on tombs, however, I haven't been able to do so at night as the search map does not allow you to step on them... So maybe the WED modifications were also not really visible.

Anyways, it seems that changes done with Jarl mod are mostly compatible...

My idea would be if we make everything compatible with each other. Regardless of the order.

I would say that BGOO should be installed really early, like just after BGT, and let other mod adapt to it but if you could do both ways, it is even better. ;)

EDIT: as .WED changes done by jarl mod are only additions that would work for Vanilla game, without the new search maps, maybe they could be integrated directly in BGGO for night and day maps without problem.

Cheers,

Edited by TotoR
8 hours ago, TotoR said:

I would say that BGOO should be installed really early, like just after BGT, and let other mod adapt to it but if you could do both ways, it is even better. ;)

It's crystallizing more and more. But you never know how people install the mods ;)

We now have 2 options.

a) both mods have their original wed and SR files.
AP - BGGO
Adventure Pack provides the two areas and BGGO then copies it and has to create a night wed from the day wed.
BGGO - AP
BGGO installs the original maps and Adventure Pack copies its data over it + night maps.

b) BGGO takes the wed (+ manually created night wed) files and SR maps from AP
AP - BGGO
BGGO can overwrite everything
BGGO - AP
AP can take over everything from BGGO

b) is the much simpler and more robust version. There I would have the code already as good as ready. What is your opinion?

After Jarl gave me the OK for the graphical upgrades of the areas, I will send you another code, that setup-Graphical.tpa will be installed only if BGGO is not installed. Otherwise we will have every candle and torch 2 times in the map :)

Cheers,