phlaphee's EET mod order help request

Hi, @4udr4n! I'll try to answer your questions based on my experience with installing mods

Is Turnabout EET compatible?
I've been using it in my EET installs for as long as I can remember. It install without issues, but weather or not it does what is supposed to I don't know, as I've never reached that part of the game with such an install. Actually, I'm still not sure weather or not I should install it as there have been reports of it bugging out, and that's kinda the worst place to have the game bug out.

UB is quite late, but perhaps you have moved that now?

Yes, I've moved it earlier as per @jastey's recommendation.

Is Jan's Extended quest EET ready?

Similar to my experience with Turnabout, sans the reported bugs.

NPCEE has worked much better for me than stratagems:4100.

The one thing I like about that component is that it raises exp of NPCs when recruiting them to around your level, which allows me to swap out party members and experience more content in the games this way.
The only issue I've encountered with it is that it doesn't interact perfectly with Faiths and Power's Paladin modifications, but it's something I can easily solve via console.

EET Tweaks after EET_end - is this stable and is it to allow changes?
I think that I've read in a different topic that those experience related tweaks are OK after EET end and I've seen a lot of people placing them last so they can adjust later if they so see fit.

Since you say you have similar objectives with you modded installs, what experience reductions / caps are you using?

Edited by phlaphee
15 minutes ago, phlaphee said:

NPCEE has worked much better for me than stratagems:4100.

The one thing I like about that component is that it raises exp of NPCs when recruiting them to around your level, which allows me to swap out party members and experience more content in the games this way.
The only issue I've encountered with it is that it doesn't interact perfectly with Faiths and Power's Paladin modifications, but it's something I can easily solve via console.

Understood, though if you are happy with console for that, you can just console the XP to newly joined companions.

1 hour ago, phlaphee said:

I can't remember where I found it (probably about 10~ pages deep in Beamdog's general modding forum) but there's a mod called XPSync / eXPerience SYNC that might be of use for you for that. The readme says:

This mod is all about accurately syncing the experience of party members in Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition (BGEE) and Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition (BG2EE).

It'll generally sync party members to within about half a percent of the PC's experience.

It's a weidu mod that will integrate with experience table changes and with third party NPCs, but only uses generic classes for some Dual Class XP calculations so may give unpredictable results if you're using "outside the box" custom classes or kits.

I suggest putting this at the end of your mod install order. The dialogue hook addition can only work with mods that are already installed (so xpsync should be installed after anything that chanes party joining dialogues). Also if there's ever any suspicion that xpsync has broken a dialogue having it installed late means that weidu has less to uninstall and then reinstall if you remove xpsync for testing.

Might be worth looking into? Although I'm not sure how it might interact with NPC EE because of the way it reduces a character's level to 0 then back to what it was.

1 hour ago, Connelly said:

Might be worth looking into? Although I'm not sure how it might interact with NPC EE because of the way it reduces a character's level to 0 then back to what it was.

@subtledoctor seems this might not be compatible, any thoughts?

Is level matching companions something you've looked at with npcee?

2 hours ago, Connelly said:

Although I'm not sure how it might interact with NPC EE because of the way it reduces a character's level to 0 then back to what it was.

Should be fine. 

I will say, the reason I didn’t add some kind of XP-matching scripted thing in NPC_EE is, it’s just so much easier to write C:SetCurrentXP(“15000”), or whatever. Like not just easier for me as a modder, but actually easier for the player, in-game. Even on my iPad, where the console is a bit more complicated to use, I still do things that way. (EDIT - I forgot, the EE console actually has a dedicated button for modifying character XP, so it’s actually easier than that.)

I suppose I could add an innate ability to optionally match Player1’s XP after making character adjustments… hmm…

Edited by subtledoctor